Meat, Chicken And B Vits Making My Gut Bloated And Noisy

Astolfo

Meat, chicken and B vits; I get the same worsening effect after ingesting them. Lots of bloating, bowel movements, noises etc. Makes my gut super sensitive to all kind of stress signal. I can't concentrate my mind onto something.

What would be the underlying problem? I can't eat only cheese forever as my only protein intake.

Summer

Are you eating anything just before or with the meat? I had a very similar reaction when I would eat carbs (in any form) with the meat. I know it goes against Peatarian principles, but I now try to wait an hour or so before eating meat after anything else.

If you're also getting some kind of acid reflux response after eating, it could be a sign of low stomach acid, but there are tests you should take to see if that's the case. I'm new here myself, so I'm not sure if apple cider vinegar follows Peat's guidelines, but taking maybe a 1/4 tspn in water ~30 min prior to eating meat can aid digestion if low stomach acid is indeed the case. I wouldn't assume it to be the case before verifying it though. Too much acid can be just as bad.

rob

What's your diet like, other than cheese? Do you have any medical conditions?

There's a lot of different things that could be going on here. For example, low stomach acid jumps to mind. Low HCl can be caused by a number of nutritional and lifestyle factors – even getting too little potassium and sodium in your diet can significantly impact stomach acid.

Go on Cronometer, input your daily diet and get an idea of where you might be lacking.

OP
A

Astolfo

Are you eating anything just before or with the meat? I had a very similar reaction when I would eat carbs (in any form) with the meat. I know it goes against Peatarian principles, but I now try to wait an hour or so before eating meat after anything else.

If you're also getting some kind of acid reflux response after eating, it could be a sign of low stomach acid, but there are tests you should take to see if that's the case. I'm new here myself, so I'm not sure if apple cider vinegar follows Peat's guidelines, but taking maybe a 1/4 tspn in water ~30 min prior to eating meat can aid digestion if low stomach acid is indeed the case. I wouldn't assume it to be the case before verifying it though. Too much acid can be just as bad.

I'm generally eating meals with carbonhydrate, but I know it's not the cause.

A few weeks ago, I just ate some chicken at dinner. No sugar, no bread, no carb at all. And I got the worst gut reaction ever.

I don't get any reflux, so that's not the case too.

OP
A

Astolfo

What's your diet like, other than cheese? Do you have any medical conditions?

There's a lot of different things that could be going on here. For example, low stomach acid jumps to mind. Low HCl can be caused by a number of nutritional and lifestyle factors – even getting too little potassium and sodium in your diet can significantly impact stomach acid.

Go on Cronometer, input your daily diet and get an idea of where you might be lacking.

Yeah, I have medical conditions. Progressive encephalopathy after few days of antidepressant. All the symptoms progressively worsened to this day including the overactive(but only when there is a stress signal. The reaction is too fast) bowel problem I'm talking about.

I had a cronometer account a year ago. All my micro and macro nutrition intake was pretty normal and enough.

I'm getting probably more than daily recommended amount of sodium.

rob

Yes, psychological stress can significantly increase gut motility via upregulation of intestinal serotonin production.

I know IBS-D patients suffer the effects of serotonin and take 5HT3 antagonists to help.

Beyond that, stress relief techniques that improve vagal tone and shift to parasympathetic response are important to keep, including meditation and diaphragmatic breathing. You should also look to understand the root cause of your stress/anxiety and see if there are cognitive and behavioural improvements to be made.

Finally, there are things like l-theanine and magnesium glycinate which people find relaxing due to their effects on GABA. Personally, a good dose of taurine is what most potently does it for me, but everyone’s different.