Measurement For Intracellular CO2?

Blossom said:
...I'm going to stick with a paper bag for breathing due to the above and it is what Peat has recommended after all. ...
The problem I've had with a bag or any of the tight-fitting training masks is that the oxygen inside the bag gets depleted too quickly, and makes me uncomfortable from hypoxia, long before I've had the CO2 I may need.

It's why I moved to a CO2 breathing device and normal breathing mask, so I could have a mildly reduced O2 inside the mask, which emulates altitude, and still stream in as much CO2 as I am comfortable with.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
visionofstrength said:
Blossom said:
...I'm going to stick with a paper bag for breathing due to the above and it is what Peat has recommended after all. ...
The problem I've had with a bag or any of the tight-fitting training masks is that the oxygen inside the bag gets depleted too quickly, and makes me uncomfortable from hypoxia, long before I've had the CO2 I may need.

It's why I moved to a CO2 breathing device and normal breathing mask, so I could have a mildly reduced O2 inside the mask, which emulates altitude, and still stream in as much CO2 as I am comfortable with.
That's great! I'm all for whatever works best for each individuals situation. I like the simplicity of the paper bag but that sure doesn't mean that there aren't other ways of optimizing CO2. Maybe you could share your information on the CO2 breathing device? I would be interested in learning more. If you have already posted this information would you mind posting a link? Thanks

Blossom said:
That's great! I'm all for whatever works best for each individuals situation. I like the simplicity of the paper bag but that sure doesn't mean that there aren't other ways of optimizing CO2. Maybe you could share your information on the CO2 breathing device? I would be interested in learning more. If you have already posted this information would you mind posting a link? Thanks

It's posted here. PM me if you want to browse the links for the various products mentioned.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
visionofstrength said:
Blossom said:

It's posted here. PM me if you want to browse the links for the various products mentioned.
I found where you mentioned the end tidal CO2 monitor (which is a great price btw). :D Every price I'd found was about 2000.$ :shock: I found the device for measuring exhaled CO2 but after reading the entire thread twice I'm missing any mention of a device used to increase CO2?

Blossom said:
visionofstrength said:
Blossom said:

I found where you mentioned the end tidal CO2 monitor (which is a great price btw). :D Every price I'd found was about 2000.$ :shock: I found the device for measuring exhaled CO2 but after reading the entire thread twice I'm missing any mention of a device used to increase CO2?
Sorry, I can't see the link color either, under the word 'here' in "It's posted here." Glad it's not just me! Here's the linked post from the Getting Ripped thread:

visionofstrength said:
I use a paintball canister in a holster, attached to an aquarium flowmeter by an adapter, and a cannula inside any style mask you prefer. It costs a little more than $100.

It's very comfortable and mobile, and you can adjust the flow of CO2 depending on the level of exertion or altitude you want. The higher the CO2 level the higher the altitude that you emulate (via the Haldane effect). PM me if you want the Amazon links to the various products.

tara

I've recently added to my daily routine a cotton cloth over my head as I fall asleep at night, with a fresh air gap that allows in enough oxygen to be comfortable. I figure I rebreathe more CO2 than normal, and still get enough oxygen for low exertion during sleep. It usually falls off before I wake up; occasionally it's still there. I usually put it back on after waking in the night. I think it is making a small but noticable improvement to my morning breathing, and a small but noticable improvement in how quickly I fall asleep. Even less effort/time than bag-breathing, which I keep meaning to do but haven't got round to much yet.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@visionofstrength-At what range of liters of flow do you normally set the flowmeter, if I may ask?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've wondered if I could get my hand on some carbogen(I think that's the right spelling) but you probably have to be ordering for a medical facility or have a prescription.

tara said:
I've recently added to my daily routine a cotton cloth over my head as I fall asleep at night, with a fresh air gap that allows in enough oxygen to be comfortable. I figure I rebreathe more CO2 than normal, and still get enough oxygen for low exertion during sleep. It usually falls off before I wake up; occasionally it's still there. I usually put it back on after waking in the night. I think it is making a small but noticable improvement to my morning breathing, and a small but noticable improvement in how quickly I fall asleep. Even less effort/time than bag-breathing, which I keep meaning to do but haven't got round to much yet.
I've tried rebreathing under everything from tented enclosures to hooded mummy bags. But the cannula and mask above has made it easy for me to breathe CO2 all night, at the concentration of my choosing, without disturbing my sleep.

It's a little expensive, but Amazon has a money back guarantee, I think, in case you don't like it for any reason.

Blossom said:
@visionofstrength-At what range of liters of flow do you normally set the flowmeter, if I may ask?
You can make your own carbogen with this, but just using CO2 and air, at typically about 5%. You just turn the dial up until you start to breathe very deeply, which will be at around 7%, and then you notch it back a little if you want to breathe a little less.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Does the flowmeter you use have numbers?

Not mine, but there is a $99 version with numbers. But it's not portable like mine. I don't use the numbers, because I have the CO2 sensor.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
visionofstrength said:
Blossom said:
You can make your own carbogen with this, but just using CO2 and air, at typically about 5%. You just turn the dial up until you start to breathe very deeply, which will be at around 7%, and then you notch it back a little if you want to breathe a little less.
That is better than carbogen since we (most reasonably healthy people) don't need the extra oxygen.

Caitlin

Is serum Co2 an accurate indication of C02? I am clearly hypoventilating and my Co2 is low per the capnometer readings, but my co2 on my various lab reports is within range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals