Meals: Milk Or Fruit First?

Velve921

From personal experience, I choose milk first for the combination of all macro and micro nutrients for balanced blood sugar.

RobertJM

Look into food combining. If you want your gut to play you up, you can mix all kind of nasty combinations together. A block of cheese followed by a watermelon would give you gut ache, guaranteed. A block of cheese will take its time to digest, and you will have this quickly digested watermelon behind it, which will just linger behind the cheese in your gut, fermenting and feeding bad bacteria. The person trying this combination may then decide not to touch the watermelon again, as they may think that the watermelon was the cause of their problems.

If you eat the watermelon first, and then allow a certain amount of time before you eat the cheese, it should be ok. Fruit first thing in the morning (especially eaten away from dairy), should pass through you ok (assuming the fruit is good).

Apparently starches don't go well with protein.

Or just having dairy going through your digestive tract at all may just cause you problems overall (despite what many believe on this forum, it is definitely a problematic food for a lot of people). Sometimes just eliminating a problematic food completely can be the best step.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Look into food combining. If you want your gut to play you up, you can mix all kind of nasty combinations together. A block of cheese followed by a watermelon would give you gut ache, guaranteed. A block of cheese will take its time to digest, and you will have this quickly digested watermelon behind it, which will just linger behind the cheese in your gut, fermenting and feeding bad bacteria. The person trying this combination may then decide not to touch the watermelon again, as they may think that the watermelon was the cause of their problems.

If you eat the watermelon first, and then allow a certain amount of time before you eat the cheese, it should be ok. Fruit first thing in the morning (especially eaten away from dairy), should pass through you ok (assuming the fruit is good).

Apparently starches don't go well with protein.

Or just having dairy going through your digestive tract at all may just cause you problems overall (despite what many believe on this forum, it is definitely a problematic food for a lot of people). Sometimes just eliminating a problematic food completely can be the best step.
If I look into food combining, then I would have to take milk first and OJ after that to make them digest together, as Ray wants. As milk digests slower than OJ, according to food combining, so the OJ catches up.

Don't know if the food combining theory is right, though. Food combining says that fruits should not be combined with another food group, and definitely not with diary.

BTW, I was a vegan for 4 years, now trying this.

lampofred

I've heard you shouldn't combine the two and that milk and fruit are often incompatible with any other food and cause digestive issues if not consumed on their own. I've also heard that drinking salted milk/OJ is basically drinking poison for your digestive system which I've read that some people on here do...

raypeatclips

I've heard you shouldn't combine the two and that milk and fruit are often incompatible with any other food and cause digestive issues if not consumed on their own. I've also heard that drinking salted milk/OJ is basically drinking poison for your digestive system which I've read that some people on here do...

Source on all these things you've heard?

jitsmonkey

sugar before protein
you need the sugar to digest the protein
some people especially if you're very poor at storing glygcogen
will need as much as 4-5:1 ratio of protein to carbohydrate. (this would be on the high end)
Not everyone can handle the protein/carb ratio in milk unsweetened.
So you must take pulse / temp pre and post to find out.
but as a general rule you cannot go wrong with sugar first, protein second.
the combining of milk/oj nonsense is not anything more than personal need/preference based upon how you respond. Don't let nonsensical narratives make your choices for you other than they may lead you to TRY something. The trying and the results dictate future actions. Leave ridiculous narratives to someone else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals