Meal Timing - Missing Link

I was reading a study indicating that people who eat meals that are smaller at night tend to be more healthy.

There could be a confounded — people who eat heavy meals at night probably go out to restaurants more and I think restaurant eating is not compatible with good health, as a broad general statement.

However, I have noticed that I end up eating more in the morning and afternoon, and much smaller dinners than I used to, and I feel better overall that way.

What do you find.

DawN

Eating as early as possible is better because the night sleeps function is not to digest but to reorganize the organism and especially clarify the glymphatic system, which is a complex in the brain ensuring proper detoxification of this central organ. Also I noticed that light physical activity some hour before going sleep shortens the total sleeping time.

paymanz

yes i found timing very important , and being light at night makes sleep much better. with a heavy meal i will wake up feeling tired next morning.

andrewlee224

Same for me.. the only thing is that sometimes early in the day my metabolism is weak and so I don't have a lot of appetite or good digestion.
But once I get it rolling it's definitely better to get more calories earlier in the day.. And not eat stuff after e.g. 9pm which unfortunately I sometimes do.

Perry Staltic

There's an old saying - "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper."

Collden

I'm having trouble adapting to this kind of eating pattern. It seems to necessitate eating big early in the day not to get too hungry at night, but even after eating very little in the evening I rarely have any appetite in the morning. How do people do this? Should you just eat light after waking and focus on a huge lunch?

Vins7

yes i found timing very important , and being light at night makes sleep much better. with a heavy meal i will wake up feeling tired next morning.
What do you eat at night? Light is for example just eating fruit?

laleto12

the problem is my appettite sucks in the morning so i cant eat that much food therefore i get hungry like a lion at night.

Collden

Its baffling how all the science says that its healthier to eat big in the morning, but most peoples natural inclination seems to be the complete opposite of that.

DawN

Same for me.. the only thing is that sometimes early in the day my metabolism is weak and so I don't have a lot of appetite or good digestion.
But once I get it rolling it's definitely better to get more calories earlier in the day.. And not eat stuff after e.g. 9pm which unfortunately I sometimes do.
Long ago I red that children - if you just let them - instinctively choose to fast until midday, because they know that the inner “agni” (sanskrit for “fire”) rises till this time. Eating the first meal after that means you gave your body enough time to clean up if you will and being perfectly ready adjusted for a good input of protein. Then you could set a snack of fruit at 3 pm, wait about 2 hours, then finishing optimally at around 5 pm or 6 pm with your favourite veggies.

DawN

Its baffling how all the science says that its healthier to eat big in the morning, but most peoples natural inclination seems to be the complete opposite of that.
Because their definition of breakfast equals morning, which is false. I often red they let the morning group eat at 6 am or at least at 8 am, which is way to early, you would not hit the gas in a BMW E39 shortly after cold start, first you have to warm up the engine, the fluid must flow easily, likewise in complex organisms, or have you ever seen an athlete going on the line without warm up, same goes for your intestines, they must DESIRE the food, not that fatty chunk inside your skull!

And most people eat things that should’t be eaten, like bread, noodles, butter, sausages, bacon, cheap eggs, spice filled sauce blah blah, especially the common study subjects. So your organism takes revenge on you, it wants them nutrients and gives order to search for further food, especially in the evening, it was fed just 5chit the whole day, good God why this ego-brain has to be such a stupid prick and stuff me with all what is “sociable” and “convenient”, I just want this beautiful entrecôte steak with some herbs and some eight sweet dates afterwards....

Nomane Euger

I

GelatinGoblin

Because their definition of breakfast equals morning, which is false. I often red they let the morning group eat at 6 am or at least at 8 am, which is way to early, you would not hit the gas in a BMW E39 shortly after cold start, first you have to warm up the engine, the fluid must flow easily, likewise in complex organisms, or have you ever seen an athlete going on the line without warm up, same goes for your intestines, they must DESIRE the food, not that fatty chunk inside your skull!

And most people eat things that should’t be eaten, like bread, noodles, butter, sausages, bacon, cheap eggs, spice filled sauce blah blah, especially the common study subjects. So your organism takes revenge on you, it wants them nutrients and gives order to search for further food, especially in the evening, it was fed just 5chit the whole day, good God why this ego-brain has to be such a stupid prick and stuff me with all what is “sociable” and “convenient”, I just want this beautiful entrecôte steak with some herbs and some eight sweet dates afterwards....
are you gay? anyway walking after a meal is good if one has time. getting some early morning sunlight aswell, getting some dirt or grass on the soles of your feet... nice stuff, always warms my hands for some reason, pro-metabolic and good thing anyways

SonOfEurope

Ir only our planet had a full on equatorial division...

Well actually that would not be the best because at latitude 60N the sun would only reach 30° at noon year round... the whole planet would have 12.15 hours of daylight but that low sun!! At the North and south poles the sun would barely toich the horizon...

I understand that more than a few parallels away from the equator (even at 20 north or south, officially still the tropics) there is A time of the year when the daylight window gets shorter, but I still encourage anyone on this forum to only eat during daylight hours, that is between the morning twilight and the end of sunset.

Or at least try to come as close to that as possible, if you are between latitude 25 and 45, november-february should be the only difficult months.

It's difficult but acomplishable.