MDMA harm reduction?

reality

I’m no stranger to mdma and all other party drugs, I had a heavy party phase during uni and without a doubt caused minor damage with the reckless doses, combinations and all nighters.

I rarely go out nowadays and those heavy messy nights are well behind me, however I do love a festival maybe once a year and I am planning to go to one soon.

I will be using md (responsible doses, this time) and wondering if there are any ‘peaty’ approaches to harm reduction

Makrosky

Best solution in mybexperience is not overdosing (if you start clenching your teeth, you have overdosed) and not mixing it with lots of alcohol or other substances. If you follow this taking it every once in a while should not pose any problem.

I am quoting Ray on MDMA :
" In pure form and moderate dose (e.g., 1 to 1.5 mg per kg body weight), I think it’s likely to be helpful for changing the pattern of chronic stress/learned helplessness, and maybe the chronic degenerative diseases produced by inescapable stress. The production of nitric oxide is likely to be a problem with large doses or chronic use."

youngsinatra

I recently tried some crystalline MDMA, after a year-long break from it. (I did it quite excessive in the past)

I had a really good night out on a little dose ~ approximately 100-150mg. Also had no big hangover like I used to have from big doses.

I‘d make sure that you are replenished in your macro-electrolytes. And I like to have some sweet drinks that I really enjoy on hand and sip throughout the night. Helps with stabilizing blood glucose. I like pure clementine juice or some sugar-sweetened ice tea.

A little salt and sugar can help with a lot too.
I helped a few friends of mine who felt horrible (like needing to call the ambulance) on MDMA with a glass of OJ and a 1/2 tsp of salt. Everything stabilized a few minutes afterwards.

So make sure that you have sugary drinks and potentially some salt with you.

ddjd

i got through quite a lot of pure mdma crystals a few years back in my wilder days and definitely noticed memory problems starting.....i really dont think its safe long term. maybe once every 6 months is ok

that said, the euphoric highs that you experience are pretty unparelled....the problem is always the trip back down....

rr1

Do they talk about dose/kg, continuity and/or cofactors ingested? I find it hard to believe cortisol stays 400% high 3 months later.
Look at the studies for yourself. A few months ago I read maybe 10 or more studies on MDMA use. The conclusion was, I'm never touching this sh*t again.

i got through quite a lot of pure mdma crystals a few years back in my wilder days and definitely noticed memory problems starting.....i really dont think its safe long term. maybe once every 6 months is ok
There memory problems seem to be long term, and likely will never resolve. Also cognition on every level is impacted, with ex MDMA users being 50% worse at basic every day tasks.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

golder

It’s a shame though. I did love a very infrequent MDMA trip with some close friends, but this prolonged stress hormone dystegulation massively puts me off.

lampofred

Anything that raises metabolism will raise cortisol if there is insufficient fuel and MDMA extremely powerfully raises metabolism. Partiers are probably taking it on a pretty empty stomach. Not recommending drug use, one reason being that the quality of street drugs is too sketchy nowadays, but low-dose pure MDMA if accompanied with enough food might not raise stress hormones that much.