MCT In Progesterone

R J

Is this product topical only? Does it absorb orally well or does MCT mean it gets metabolized by liver first?

Last edited:

Mito

Oral progesterone should be dissolved in longer chain fatty acids not MCT oil. If it’s dissolved in MCT oil and taken orally, most of it will go to the liver and be metabolized so the progesterone may not reach the tissues. If the progesterone is dissolved in long chain fats, then it will get incorporated into chylomicrons and go directly to the blood stream and tissues which is similar to endogenously produced progesterone.

OP
R J

R J

Oral progesterone should be dissolved in longer chain fatty acids not MCT oil. If it’s dissolved in MCT oil and taken orally, most of it will go to the liver and be metabolized so the progesterone may not reach the tissues. If the progesterone is dissolved in long chain fats, then it will get incorporated into chylomicrons and go directly to the blood stream and tissues which is similar to endogenously produced progesterone.

Interesting, I’ll just use it topically then. It’s for my dog so I will just rub it on her stomach and private parts where there’s no fur. I wonder if the tocopherol in the MCT mix helps some of it cross with chylomicrons if taken orally. Sucks to know I probably wasted a bottle giving it to her orally! Thanks!

johnwester130

Interesting, I’ll just use it topically then. It’s for my dog so I will just rub it on her stomach and private parts where there’s no fur. I wonder if the tocopherol in the MCT mix helps some of it cross with chylomicrons if taken orally. Sucks to know I probably wasted a bottle giving it to her orally! Thanks!

what he meant was it needs to be dissolved in vitamin E, and taken orally.

Topically it only has 10% absorption.

Orally in MCT oil is just less effective.

i cant find the article, but I used to post it on this forum that said what I just did

I think this was the article.
https://annarborholistichealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Progesterone-.pdf

Onasnatural sell it in vitamin E

Mito

Here is a direct quote from Peat’s November 2019 newsletter (Money, progesterone & life):

“Vitamin E is more slowly absorbed through the skin than a triglyceride like olive oil, but vitamin E taken orally is absorbed, like the other oily vitamins and long chain fats, by the chylomicron pathway that carries it directly into the general blood stream, distributing it quickly through the body (Herrera and Barbas, 2001; Muller, et al., 1974; Anwar, et al., 2007). This distribution process mimics that of naturally synthesized progesterone from the ovaries.

Although progesterone will dissolve in medium chain triglycerides, MCT, that oil isn’t compatible with oral use of progesterone, because it interferes with chylomicron formation, being mainly absorbed by the direct portal pathway to the liver (Ohshima, 1977; Borel, et al., 1998; Murota, et al., 2013), where it is quickly metabo- lized, activating fat synthesis (Takase & Hosoya, 1986). The unique properties of this synthetic fat could lead to the development of food allergies (Li, et al., 2013).”

upload_2020-10-6_7-31-17.jpeg

Healthy Ways Newsletter 4-3 by Doctor Bruce Fife

Last edited:
OP
R J

R J

what he meant was it needs to be dissolved in vitamin E, and taken orally.

Topically it only has 10% absorption.

Orally in MCT oil is just less effective.

i cant find the article, but I used to post it on this forum that said what I just did

I think this was the article.
https://annarborholistichealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Progesterone-.pdf

Onasnatural sell it in vitamin E
It looks like topical is more than 10% as serum levels don’t seem to show that more is being absorbed by tissues Trouble with Topical Progesterone and Testing (Jan 2014) Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients

shine

Is the same true then for pregnenolone and DHEA? In my experience the effects of both are WAY better when I dissolve them in MCT oil compared to just taking the capsules.

Dobbler

Then why the h*ll is his own progesterone product dissolved in MCT then ? Wouldn't it be equally costly to replace them with longer chain saturated fats?

johnwester130

Then why the h*ll is his own progesterone product dissolved in MCT then ? Wouldn't it be equally costly to replace them with longer chain saturated fats?

it does work in MCT oil.

vitamin E is the best solution, other solutions do work too

Mito

Again from Peat’s November 2019 newsletter (Money, progesterone & life):
“I patented the composition of natural vitamin E, progesterone, and appropriate triglycerides, and licensed it to Kenogen, which sells it as Progest-E Complex ([email protected]).”

CA77A40F-5776-4A21-80A1-BABA3810ADFA.jpeg

OP
R J

R J

Im pretty sure even tho MCT is said to be absorbed by portal vein that some does get absorbed by chylomicrons or in some way where it doesn’t go right to liver. I cant find where I read it but it was suggested that despite the common consensus that some MCT does get absorbed differently.

So I was too hasty to say I “wasted” a bottle by giving it orally because I did notice my dog had deeper sleep. In any case I will probably try topical this time anyways because it sounds like it’s far more effective than 10%

OP
R J

R J

I think the kenogen formula is in mostly tocopherol

Dobbler

Im pretty sure even tho MCT is said to be absorbed by portal vein that some does get absorbed by chylomicrons or in some way where it doesn’t go right to liver. I cant find where I read it but it was suggested that despite the common consensus that some MCT does get absorbed differently.

So I was too hasty to say I “wasted” a bottle by giving it orally because I did notice my dog had deeper sleep. In any case I will probably try topical this time anyways because it sounds like it’s far more effective than 10%
Doesn't the 10% oral absorption apply only if its taken without high fat meal? And also im not sure if its studied with micronized version or not? So if you take the progest-e or micronized progesterone orally with high fat meal it should be much higher?

OP
R J

R J

Doesn't the 10% oral absorption apply only if its taken without high fat meal? And also im not sure if its studied with micronized version or not? So if you take the progest-e or micronized progesterone orally with high fat meal it should be much higher?

10% i was referring to was other user talking about topical. The link I posted explains why topical absorption is much higher despite low blood serum tests.

But you’re right, taken with fatty meal if doing oral seems best.

OP
R J

R J

I got their progesterone and the product seems slightly different, more golden brown than before. It is very nice to apply and I’m using it transdermally from now on. It has a really satisfying look and feel to it when it goes on. Seems like a high quality product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals