:toiletclaw

A bunch of things are listed twice!
Double doses, oh yummy!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, canola and soybean oil are listed twice. So are hydrogenated soybean oil, citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane.

It’s because they’re used at two different stages of production: first as part of an oil blend at the supplier level and again at its restaurants.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

4peatssake

And they're PROUD of it! :rolling

“Today, we have reached a major milestone in the proud history of Doritos,” Frito-Lay CEO Don Gehrmann said at a formal chip-breaking ceremony yesterday. “One million ingredients!”

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Pssst..... theonion.com :mrgreen:

4peatssake

:doh

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:lol

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Ah well, rather than a swift delete, I shall let my embarrassing brain fart remain to continue to provide mirth and amusement for others.

I hate onions. :rolling

barbwirehouse

Yum, PUFA! This is why I don't eat at any restaurants or fast food... I'd rather fast than eat that concentrated poison.

Ben

Potatoes...looking good so far...toxic oils, chemical flavoring, etc...oh no...time for a class action lawsuit. These aren't fries I'm eating! Lol. But it WOULD be reasonable to sue companies that know they are killing people, but don't do anything about it, wouldn't it? I think so.

burtlancast

cout12

Ben said:
Potatoes...looking good so far...toxic oils, chemical flavoring, etc...oh no...time for a class action lawsuit. These aren't fries I'm eating! Lol. But it WOULD be reasonable to sue companies that know they are killing people, but don't do anything about it, wouldn't it? I think so.
Don't know if it's true but I read somewhere long ago that they used to cook the fries in saturated oil, but there was some kind of petition to have it changed because people thought saturated fats were bad so they changed it to unsaturated oils.

Ben

cout12 said:
Ben said:
Don't know if it's true but I read somewhere long ago that they used to cook the fries in saturated oil, but there was some kind of petition to have it changed because people thought saturated fats were bad so they changed it to unsaturated oils.
I think they should introduce olive oil into cooking. Obviously people who eat there are not health-nuts, but I think they would agree the canola oil, etc being used does not lead to healthy effects if PUFAs are supposed to be so healthy. Plus, olive oil is often accepted as healthy.

In any case, as you can read the list, the type of oil being used isn't the only problem. The ingredients for their beef are much worse. I wouldn't eat there even if they used coconut oil. Another reason being that if I support anyone, I don't want to support mass murderers.

barbwirehouse

Ben said:
I think they should introduce olive oil into cooking. Obviously people who eat there are not health-nuts, but I think they would agree the canola oil, etc being used does not lead to healthy effects if PUFAs are supposed to be so healthy. Plus, olive oil is often accepted as healthy.

In any case, as you can read the list, the type of oil being used isn't the only problem. The ingredients for their beef are much worse. I wouldn't eat there even if they used coconut oil. Another reason being that if I support anyone, I don't want to support mass murderers.

It's a cost problem. Olive oil is way, way, way more expensive than canola, soybean ,etc. I'm sure they'd love to use olive oil and I'm sure that health nuts would too.

Ben

barbwirehouse said:
Ben said:

It's a cost problem. Olive oil is way, way, way more expensive than canola, soybean ,etc. I'm sure they'd love to use olive oil and I'm sure that health nuts would too.
I see. Well, it's none of my concern anyway. I plan to start communes in every state with the goal of promoting a non-authoritarian, non-consumer US, a system which encourages spirituality and has the maximum benefit on mental health and motivation for the country's citizens. Feeding in exchange for work is much better than paying, because no money is lost to the Gooberment. There is also food stamps if you have low income, another benefit. Fast food restaurants, far from ideal. Having cooks in a commune to benefit a whole group = Tremendously economically efficient, minimal contribution to consumerism.

yerrag

Yum, PUFA! This is why I don't eat at any restaurants or fast food... I'd rather fast than eat that concentrated poison.
But at least it's tasty at the restaurant. In the hospital, where same PUFAs are served, not as much. Die happy at the restaurant, die slowly at the hospital. The only nice thing at the hospital is you do it for a good cause - the poor families of doctors and the struggling non-profit hospital system, and the struggling legalized drug industry.

encerent

At least they have Hydrogenated soybean oil which is almost a wholly saturated fat.

cjm

This is the story of Phil Sokolof's life-long war against cholesterol and saturated fat.

In 1988, 11,000 thousand food processors were publicly pressured by Phil to stop using "tropical oils": @7:27 ~ 8:30

Phil said, after being hailed as an underdog:

"I feel I have developed a rapport with the American public. They like the fact that a little guy from Omaha is sitting here and taking on Nabisco, a $25B corporation. I've had some success, and I've made a lot of money, but compared with Nabisco, I'm a pimple on an elephant's fanny."

This is also a friendly reminder that Buffalo Wild Wings is the last major state-side fast food restaurant that fries everything in beef tallow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGI1rdJeTbQ

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom