MB & Red light - danny’s latest GE podcast episode

neschuler

I've wanted so badly for methylene blue to produce the miracles for me that it seems it has for other people, but alas it hasn't. I've tried several different times in different doses. Even at 1-2 drops I feel pretty good for maybe a day or 2, then inevitably after a few more days I feel extremely lethargic & depressed. Would that be a sign of increased serotonin?

golder

@brokenman
I’ve just got Mitolabs MB and noticed it wasn’t that dark in colour? Their certificate of analysis and attention to detail seems quite good, so I was hoping for good quality. Do you/anyone still use Mitolab?

Tash

MB singlehandedly eradicated my chronic UTI issues which I'd had for years For that I am SO grateful to have it in my stack

golder

MB singlehandedly eradicated my chronic UTI issues which I'd had for years For that I am SO grateful to have it in my stack
Amazing, what dosage and over what period did it help alleviate the urinary infection? Did it keep recurring after antibiotic use but not with the MB?

TheCodez

I emailed Peat few months ago with using methylene blue and he wrote me that around 1 mg is safe, told me to avoid sunlight after using it...... Thing is that my experience is totally different. First, I would like to say that I am member of this forum for around 5-6 years. Most of that time I was trying to implement the ideas Ray Peat has and his word was like law for me. For the curious ones I can show you picture of my physique, how it changed. In short, my health is still destroyed and got fatty liver. I knew about MB from the start of me being here but never tried more than 0.5 mg. I was using that amount for few months, saw no effect on my body or mood/mental capacities... Its few months ago that I decided to try test and found good fb group with alot of info, I also accidentally found few members of that forum that are using methylene blue as nootropic. The guys are using 50+ mg. I started to chat with one that was willing to answer me and he sended me info/studies abotu safety of methylene blue so decided to give it a try. I bought few bottles from mitolab. I wanted to start slowly at 10 mgs 3 x per day. Guys I can tell you that it was the best feeling ever. I can say that I got huge energy boost plus I had like tunnel focus, working on tasks was really easy ( at work ) and my gaming performance went up alot too. Not just alot of energy but I was also motivated to do it by myself, that is the biggest benefit for me. Since that day I was using it almost every day with few breaks. I was feeling good on that dose but if you combine methylene blue with sunlight its another level.... Its hard to describe so I would recommend to everybody to try it. Its much better than dopamine agonists that I tried over time. Before MB I was unable to drink more than 1 cup of coffee and had bad reaction to aspirin. I have no problems with both now, even 6 cups of coffee and 1 g of aspirin are no problem for me now. The reason for me writting this long text is because if I had the courage and the information I have today I could start much earlier and saved tons of time while having much better life. I want to say that when I switched to MB from ebay for better price I found that my MB is much stronger than the one from mitolab!!!!! Its also much darker color when dissolved...... The only negative about taking MB is that when I had breaks due to waiting for next batch or just because I wanted to know how I feel without it I found that I am like a real weak sh*t..... So I am carrying it with myself everywhere and get used to it so much that I even dont care when my friends are staring at me because I am putting something blue into my coffee... I know some of you are scared about the potential side effects... I am member of atleast two fb groups where people are using 50 mg and 100 mgs for years without problems.... One group is focusing on using MB for treatment of Bartonella and are using doses like 800 mg !!!! Some of them are using MB and SSRI at the same time without problems. I will do my own thread about my journey with alot of info about Mb and other thing I am using.
I've noticed the same thing with coffee tolerance. I hadn't attributed it to MB though.

KCM

@brokenman
I’ve just got Mitolabs MB and noticed it wasn’t that dark in colour? Their certificate of analysis and attention to detail seems quite good, so I was hoping for good quality. Do you/anyone still use Mitolab?
Just bought some myself so this is concerning. I like their certificate too, definitely a good thing to have.

Pablo Cruise

Ray has not mentioned support for MB in a while. Most notably he did not include MB in his recommendations for covid :
Q: What would be your go-to medicines/food etc, if you started to develop "Covid" like symptoms like shortness of breath and fever?
RP: Aspirin, antihistamines, and antibiotics (azithromycin has been tested in covid), vitamin D, milk, orange juice,nebulized 4% saline, lidocaine (nebulized or oral), progesterone.

I would add Quercetin, Vit C, zinc, NAC or Glutamine.

OliviaD

That was haidut. I have my doubts about how safe it is too. One summer I was taking large doses for a week and sunbathing a little. My skin felt like it was getting sun burnt one afternoon but it wasn’t. Something else was happening, maybe excessive ROS?
Sun, with UV radiation is completely different than red light. "One afternoon", maybe your skin felt warm from the sun.

OliviaD

I emailed Peat few months ago with using methylene blue and he wrote me that around 1 mg is safe, told me to avoid sunlight after using it...... Thing is that my experience is totally different. First, I would like to say that I am member of this forum for around 5-6 years. Most of that time I was trying to implement the ideas Ray Peat has and his word was like law for me. For the curious ones I can show you picture of my physique, how it changed. In short, my health is still destroyed and got fatty liver. I knew about MB from the start of me being here but never tried more than 0.5 mg. I was using that amount for few months, saw no effect on my body or mood/mental capacities... Its few months ago that I decided to try test and found good fb group with alot of info, I also accidentally found few members of that forum that are using methylene blue as nootropic. The guys are using 50+ mg. I started to chat with one that was willing to answer me and he sended me info/studies abotu safety of methylene blue so decided to give it a try. I bought few bottles from mitolab. I wanted to start slowly at 10 mgs 3 x per day. Guys I can tell you that it was the best feeling ever. I can say that I got huge energy boost plus I had like tunnel focus, working on tasks was really easy ( at work ) and my gaming performance went up alot too. Not just alot of energy but I was also motivated to do it by myself, that is the biggest benefit for me. Since that day I was using it almost every day with few breaks. I was feeling good on that dose but if you combine methylene blue with sunlight its another level.... Its hard to describe so I would recommend to everybody to try it. Its much better than dopamine agonists that I tried over time. Before MB I was unable to drink more than 1 cup of coffee and had bad reaction to aspirin. I have no problems with both now, even 6 cups of coffee and 1 g of aspirin are no problem for me now. The reason for me writting this long text is because if I had the courage and the information I have today I could start much earlier and saved tons of time while having much better life. I want to say that when I switched to MB from ebay for better price I found that my MB is much stronger than the one from mitolab!!!!! Its also much darker color when dissolved...... The only negative about taking MB is that when I had breaks due to waiting for next batch or just because I wanted to know how I feel without it I found that I am like a real weak sh*t..... So I am carrying it with myself everywhere and get used to it so much that I even dont care when my friends are staring at me because I am putting something blue into my coffee... I know some of you are scared about the potential side effects... I am member of atleast two fb groups where people are using 50 mg and 100 mgs for years without problems.... One group is focusing on using MB for treatment of Bartonella and are using doses like 800 mg !!!! Some of them are using MB and SSRI at the same time without problems. I will do my own thread about my journey with alot of info about Mb and other thing I am using.
Thanks - And I'm with you. Dr. F Gonzalez-Lima (I think I have that right) is the expert on MB - and he talks about doses of 0.5 up to 4 or 5 mg/kg of body weight being used in all the studies he references. Usual dose he recommends is 0.5 to 1 mg PER kg. I see other sources recommending 0.5 to 1 mg TOTAL and so I think that is why many people probably aren't getting benefits. I don't think a lot of people understand the biochemistry of MB and that it does not generate more free radicals but rather inhibits the most toxic one - NO; and that is huge. Red light enhances its effect. Mark Sloan is also an excellent source re: these 2 things and yes, recommends both of them at the same time. MB plus red light is powerful.

? - are you still taking 10 mg at once or have you moved up? How do you handle the blue staining at higher doses? I'm doing 10 mg (of a 1% solution) , which is 1 ml, twice a day. I put it in orange juice and it is pretty dark! I'd like to get up to 45 mg a day, which is one mg/kg for me. It seems like it will get harder to not have blue teeth although the orange juice really helps. Mark Sloan says that many studies show good results at lower i.e 10 mg doses, but I do hear a lot of evidence for doses in Gonzalez'Lima's range. He says up to 5 mg/kg is very safe and considered low dose. I think after I get up to 45, I might try work up to doubling (unless that's good). I'm trying to heal a colon that doesn't work and I think this is very promising. Oh - can you give the name of the forum where people discuss this? I'd be interested in learning more.

An older biochemist whose name I can't recall said that taking the MB with Vit C was beneficial - I can't remember the exact mechanism.

I'm surprised people are worried about side effects - I don't think there really are any. In fact it was used to treat bladder infections , especially in the elderly at a dose of 65 mg.

h.c.

Thanks - And I'm with you. Dr. F Gonzalez-Lima (I think I have that right) is the expert on MB - and he talks about doses of 0.5 up to 4 or 5 mg/kg of body weight being used in all the studies he references. Usual dose he recommends is 0.5 to 1 mg PER kg. I see other sources recommending 0.5 to 1 mg TOTAL and so I think that is why many people probably aren't getting benefits. I don't think a lot of people understand the biochemistry of MB and that it does not generate more free radicals but rather inhibits the most toxic one - NO; and that is huge. Red light enhances its effect. Mark Sloan is also an excellent source re: these 2 things and yes, recommends both of them at the same time. MB plus red light is powerful.

I'm surprised people are worried about side effects - I don't think there really are any. In fact it was used to treat bladder infections , especially in the elderly at a dose of 65 mg.
Thanks, that summs up a good part of what I know.

Also we should not forget: Merck's 1899 Manual of the Materia Medica by Merck & Co. and the Methylene Blue Monograph by the WHO.

When one reads and understand that stuff, one can only wonder why MB ist not promoted. But most may know or at least suspect why it is not...

Sloan is a good read, too - but I wondered, why he does not mention that one can put MB in a capsule together with ascorbic acid. Both mix well together and it is the simplest way for using any dosage without staining.

Best,
hans

OliviaD

Thanks, that summs up a good part of what I know.

Also we should not forget: Merck's 1899 Manual of the Materia Medica by Merck & Co. and the Methylene Blue Monograph by the WHO.

When one reads and understand that stuff, one can only wonder why MB ist not promoted. But most may know or at least suspect why it is not...

Sloan is a good read, too - but I wondered, why he does not mention that one can put MB in a capsule together with ascorbic acid. Both mix well together and it is the simplest way for using any dosage without staining.

Best,
hans
Thanks Hans.. I had a brief hiatus from the forum and am catching up!
Hmmm I did not know about the capsule. do you make your own. Does one just mix the powder straight with the ascorbic a. powder and then put in capsules? That would be much easier!

Sloan has an 'agreement' with the company he recommends for the MB (I think he is an honest guy as in not selling products), but in an interview, he said he was looking for a good quality MB, and he did find it in this company. and he would recommend them, so maybe he gets a percentage or something. That is pure speculation. I'm sure it's a quality product, but it is twice as much as buying the powder and mixing it up myself - and he doesn't mention that option either.

I am due for a new order though, and think I might try this capsule technique. Although, I've been using it in OJ, which works very well and does get me 2 glasses of OJ a day.

Thanks for the references!

h.c.

Does one just mix the powder straight with the ascorbic a. powder and then put in capsules? That would be much easier!
Exactly that! Mixes perfectly. I put both in a small glas jar, put on the lid, shake it for a minute and then put everything in the 100-capsule filler. For example: 90 g AA + 4 g MB. That fits perfectly in 100 "00" capsules. Or 94g AA + 1 g MB - whatever you think is a appropriate dosis.

Sherbert

i think 💭 coz they work synergistic ally

Georgi and dannt discuss MB + red light on danny’s latest podcast.

G: Have you seen the patents Pfizer filed, they call it photodynamic therapy with methylene blue and red light?

R: Uh, Yeah, but that’s to kill viruses basically.

G: Uh, they also claim - I mean the patent is specifically for cancer, they’re saying instead of giving you toxic drugs that increase ROS, which is gonna give you methylene blue and hen irriadiate you, and then they’ll achieve the same ROS generation, which, I think is dangerous, right?

R: “Yes, it’s the same as most chemotherapies. They hope it’s more specific to the cancer than to your brain cells. But, it always kills a lot of your brain cells.”

G: If someone, especially in this day and age of covid, if they’re really afraid of the virus, and they think they have it, would like a controlled version of this - let’s say just a few mg of MB and red light, would that a be a good antiviral therapy?

R: Only good in the sense that it’s less toxic as some other things. But, I wouldn’t recommend it.

I won’t lie i’m annoyed. I was under the impression that this was safe. My understanding was that ALL quinones are safe, energy optimizing molecules. Apparently they’re not. Thoughts?
Thank you for this…. Do you know why I can not find Haidut’s info on Oxidol and the purpose of adding Caffein?

Peater

How are you getting on Mr B Man? All good I hope.