mayo alternative and grass-fed cold cuts

sunmountain

What do you all put on sandwiches so they don't taste dry -- instead of mayonnaise?

I need to cut back on fats a little, so it needs to be non-fat.

Also, my daughter eats meat (I don't), so where can I find grass-fed cold cuts if they exist?

thanks

tara

On toast or sandwiches: butter :) + jam, honey, marmite. But since i seldom eat bread, I sometimes just eat butter (or honey...)
I seldom eat cold cuts of meat, either. Tomato, cucumber.

Beware of the preservatives in cold cuts, they are slightly anti-thyroid. Also the aging can "stress" the meat which means eating certain ugly chemicals.

Ps: I really miss my sandwiches :(

Peata

You might be able to do a "mock mayo" recipe with fat free or low fat Greek yogurt. I haven't had time to look up a recipe for it, but I'm sure they exist.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Cheese sticks. Milk with sugar, salt. Peaty gummy squares.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
sunmountain said:
Thanks all! When I have some more energy, I'll make the rayonnaise recipe...it looks good!

I found this online but out of stock:
http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com ... Mayo16.php

So what DO you all eat for lunch if not sandwiches (to take to work or school that is).

Thanks
Cheese, soft boiled eggs, Greek yogurt with honey, mason jar with a couple cups of OJ, apple sauce, gelatin to add to coffee, rinsed cottage cheese with honey, dark chocolate, and sometimes a Mexican coke. I don't take all of those those things everyday but those are things I take regularly. I always carry some canning and pickling salt in my lunch bag too. I try to always take enough food but it's challenging some days! I'm always on the look out for new ideas so I'd love to hear what others carry in for eating while at work!

Peata

Cheese sticks, hard-boiled egg, dried fruit, canned fruit, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, olives, carrot salad, broth, leftovers.

I drink milk from a glass bottle in private and public places, they don't ask questions anymore. :mrgreen:

tara

I always have a bigger appetite in the morning and midday than in the afternoon and evening, and I have the luxury of my own desk and access to a fridge and microwave.

So I take my main meat meal with me to heat and eat at midday, sometimes with potato or rice and/or veges. Sometimes follow it with a few squares of orange juice jelly. At the moment, I'm accompanying that with two cups of hot milk with sugar and decaf coffee. And I drink 1-2 l of (spiked) OJ through the day. And snack through the morning on chocolate or brownies (see Recipes subforum) or dried fruit .... I always carry dates or other dried fruit as extra emergency food. I eat most of my calories at work on work days.

I'm not recommending what I do particularly, since I haven't solved my major health issue. But I do have more energy and less wilting or fogginess if I bring and eat plenty.

tara

Before reading RP and reassessing my PUFA consumption and sugar and milk avoidance, I used to take 6-8 slices of gluten-free bread with me for morning and afternoon tea. In addition to hot cooked meat and other leftovers. And have another hot meal for dinner. And eggs and porridge for breakfast. People had no sympathy for me when I complained of hunger. :lol: I love getting in more liquid calories.

Do you find decaffeinated brew is harder on your intestine than regular?

ww3not4me

You understand that that product is not going to be any lower in fat. Did you see all the oils that go into making it? If your goal is to reduce fat intake your Non-GMO $12 Mayo is not going to get that done in a significant way!

Did you see the nutrition label? Notice all those ZERO's? That makes it a non-nutritional food product. Just know that going in.

You know it would be very helpful to know why you think you need to reduce your fat intake? What you hope to achieve?

It is more important to put healthy fats in than cut back on total fats.

You can live your entire life with out any form of carbohydrate and not suffer any health issues but you can not live a healthy life with out fat's and protein! That is why people can live off seal meat, whale blubber and smoked or salted fish! No I am not saying anyone should live that way if given a choice only that one can.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals