Maybe this diet isn't for me...

hardeep

Hi

I have taken some of Peats diet principles like OJ,milk,dairy,vitamin a,gelatin,coconut oil and raw carrot for 2 weeks now and i am already having problems I have never had before?!

2 days ago i realised my left knee started playing up, it just hurts when i bend at the knee.

I havent been working out nor did i hurt myself so why would i suddenly have left knee pain?

The only things i added new to my diet was more skinless potatoes and strained raw fresh OJ, the rest I ate in the same quantities as before.

I used to eat rice more but eat potatoes a bit more but previously never had any problems with potatoes or eating oranges, would any of these in increased amounts cause problems such as knee pain? :?

Thanks

FunkOdyssey

Some people get arthritic symptoms from nightshades. I'd experiment by cutting out the potatoes, and replace with fruit/sugars.

cliff

adrenaline can sometimes mask sores and aches

BingDing

How old are you? Stuff like that is common with age, I don't sweat it and it always goes away. At any rate I wouldn't think it's worth abandoning the effort to be healthy, in the broadest sense of the word.

jaguar43

hardeep said:
Hi

I have taken some of Peats diet principles like OJ,milk,dairy,vitamin a,gelatin,coconut oil and raw carrot for 2 weeks now and i am already having problems I have never had before?!

2 days ago i realised my left knee started playing up, it just hurts when i bend at the knee.

I havent been working out nor did i hurt myself so why would i suddenly have left knee pain?

The only things i added new to my diet was more skinless potatoes and strained raw fresh OJ, the rest I ate in the same quantities as before.

I used to eat rice more but eat potatoes a bit more but previously never had any problems with potatoes or eating oranges, would any of these in increased amounts cause problems such as knee pain? :?

Thanks

I hope thats not all your eating because the stress from trying to follow a strict diet probably made you flare up. Ray Peat only makes suggestions, he doesn't tell you to hijack your diet for an improper idea that some people put out.

How much dairy are you actually eating? Are you supplementing calcium?

When I overdo egg shell calcium I get shooting bone pain throughout my whole body. The first time I took a whole teaspoon all my teeth went super sensitive and my legs hurt so bad I couldn't walk up the stairs for two days. This was on top a quart of milk and a pound of cheese so yeah.

kiran

I find I feel better with a bit of meat in my diet. Perhaps something to do with the zinc, so I'd be wary of cutting it out totally.