Maybe Maybe Not Root Canel Worried

biggirlkisss

they are saying that it may touch the nerve or maybe not and I need root canel. I 'm wondering about ozone if it avavaible here. Ideas? Suffer with pain is one option if it hits nerve.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

didnt help much going for second opionon saving up for one. hate this.

I would have a tooth extracted and then have a titanium implant placed, rather than a root canal.

Saving the tooth is always best but not if the tooth is dead. A root canal involves drilling into the living pulp below the hard part of the tooth, and scooping out the nerve and blood vessel and other tissue. It is never sterile there, and when they seal it back up, there are millions of anerobic bacteria that continue infecting the body and spewing out toxins.

I had one root canal and then had it extracted. I never did get the titanium implant but I would if I had to for cosmetic or other reasons.

RobertJM

I would have a tooth extracted and then have a titanium implant placed, rather than a root canal.

Saving the tooth is always best but not if the tooth is dead. A root canal involves drilling into the living pulp below the hard part of the tooth, and scooping out the nerve and blood vessel and other tissue. It is never sterile there, and when they seal it back up, there are millions of anerobic bacteria that continue infecting the body and spewing out toxins.

I had one root canal and then had it extracted. I never did get the titanium implant but I would if I had to for cosmetic or other reasons.

So would the titanium procedure result in an elimination of the infection?

What about just losing the tooth? Is that the safest way to get rid of the infected problem?

x-ray peat

look into the work of Dr Hal Huggins DDS on root canals. He thinks it is the worst procedure imaginable and leads to all sorts of systemic problems. If tooth really cant be saved then a bridge is much safer

I found this

Last edited:

inthedark

they are saying that it may touch the nerve or maybe not and I need root canel. I 'm wondering about ozone if it avavaible here. Ideas? Suffer with pain is one option if it hits nerve.

My dentist recently admitted that root canals are essentially temporary and they almost always inevitably fail because the tooth breaks down as it's dead. I think a root canal with a good crown would extend its life. I had a root canal done after a very bad abscess when I was 19, it lasted about 12 years until the tooth quickly started chipping and breaking apart and had to be extracted. However in that time I felt no pain and I believe the root canal was done well. If the tooth had been crowned it probably would have lasted longer. Depending on how bad the tooth is you may have the option of treating with antibiotics and seeing how that goes. Another option as mentioned above -and especially if you believe focal infections to be a thing- is extracting the tooth immediately. After having that dead tooth extracted I did not get it replaced. I'm paranoid about the safety of implants and a bridge is costly and damaging to surrounding teeth. It'll probably get a denture when I'm older but I've had no issues with the gap.

inthedark

So would the titanium procedure result in an elimination of the infection?

What about just losing the tooth? Is that the safest way to get rid of the infected problem?

IMO having a tooth extracted if antibiotics and all other non-surgical alternatives (besides root canal) have been tried is not a bad choice so long as you're okay with either a gap or the replacement options.

inthedark

I have a tooth that's bugged me for a while, the dentist said we are keeping an eye on it for a potential root canal. So I started rubbing vitamin K2 (Health Natura) and Idealabs Mitolipin EDIT- It was Lapodin, NOT mitolipin- on the gums around it whenever it feels weird and it seems to be making a huge difference. Perhaps the quinones are acting on any bacteria in there.

Last edited:

RobertJM

I don't understand the reason of taking anti-biotics as that doesn't solve the problem? You take them, they kill the bacteria and then when the drug leaves your system you become immediately re-infected again. Am I missing something?

I have a tooth that's bugged me for a while, the dentist said we are keeping an eye on it for a potential root canal. So I started rubbing vitamin K2 (Health Natura) and Idealabs Mitolipin on the gums around it whenever it feels weird and it seems to be making a huge difference. Perhaps the quinones are acting on any bacteria in there.

Thanks. I take K2, adequate calcium and for now I don't bother with D3 (it doesn't seem to benefit me). Still, with calcium and K2 my teeth health has never been better.

IMO having a tooth extracted if antibiotics and all other non-surgical alternatives (besides root canal) have been tried is not a bad choice so long as you're okay with either a gap or the replacement options.

To be honest, yes I would be perfectly fine with the gap. It's around the back of my mouth. I'm sure it's an amalgam that was given to me decades ago. God knows what it was made of, but it cracked open within the first year of my Peat journey (about 2014). And now I have pain (not offensive; just tender when I press the area) to the left of my nose. An interesting side effect is when I yawn, I have often wondered why my glands feel slightly swollen. Interesting to see that is a well known side effect of a tooth root infection. So yes, I want this damn thing out of my mouth. Serious health problems can develop down the line. Not good.

Recently I took antibiotics as a temporary experiment, and the relief I felt for about a week was almost blissful.

I seem to have a systematic problem with my health that involves many things, and has many different side effects involving many parts of my body and sorting this out first is going to be priority of mine.

Thanks for tips. Not gate crashing the OPs thread.

inthedark

I emailed Ray Peat about root canals a couple years ago:

Me:
"My dentist has recommended I have an old root canaled tooth extracted as the tooth is starting to degrade above the gum line and an x-ray shows a small infection near the bottom tip. The root canal was done 14 years ago (I was 19). I've read that these infections may cause or aggravate some chronic health problems. Would you recommend against root canal therapy and should I consider having my other root canaled tooth -done a couple years ago- extracted as well?"

RP:
"My endodontist in Mexico believes that the immune system is normally able to clear out bacteria at the root tip, but if an infection develops, producing pain, she prescribes an antibiotic. She says she hardly ever has had to pull a tooth.
100 years ago (before antibiotics) it was believed that a “focal infection” under a tooth caused chronic diseases, and some dentists pulled teeth to treat various non-dental problems. I think the interpretation of causality has often been wrong—for example, I knew a dentist who routinely and successfully treated oral problems by prescribing a laxative."

inthedark

I think the promotion of root canal therapy by certain dentists may have more to do with how much they can bill than whether or not it's the best course of treatment. I had one dentist that casually root canaled a tooth with almost no explanation because "it will need it eventually". Needless to say I stopped going there. I've never had a dentist suggest antibiotics even though there seems to be information out there suggesting they are able to clear many dental infections just as effectively as infections in the rest of the body. And since it seems like that course of action is rarely considered -especially now with the scare of antibiotic resistance-, they're probably less likely to recommend it.

For dentists root canal therapy= potentially thousands of dollars, antibiotics = zero dollars

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

she saying as a precaution sounds like bs i want second opionon. Root canel everything.

Beastmode

PEAT via email:

"I think they are safe and better than extractions. People usually neglect to investigate the long term systemic effects of tooth extractions."

I had a root canal dead tooth extracted and that was 15 or 20 years ago. The dentist warned that the opposing tooth on the top (this was a bottom tooth) will eventually come out, as it doesn't encounter an opposing tooth during chewing and at night. But that hasn't happened and it's been fine. I would rather not undergo any other procedures.

Beastmode

I had a root canal dead tooth extracted and that was 15 or 20 years ago. The dentist warned that the opposing tooth on the top (this was a bottom tooth) will eventually come out, as it doesn't encounter an opposing tooth during chewing and at night. But that hasn't happened and it's been fine. I would rather not undergo any other procedures.

It's always interesting to me how opposite Peat can be, even to the majority of 'holistic" practitioners as well.

AlaskaJono

@biggirlkisss I had to recently deal with a similar situation, started in October after a tooth cracked on the left side. Then My right side had tooth pain. Upper and lower ? which was strange. Finally I went to a dentist as we were moving around. He wanted to save it, but in the end, several weeks, it was obvious I need it pulled. It is the 2nd last tooth upper right. It is difficult to put in an implant or bridge so I just went without. Before I could get it pulled, a couple weeks, I had a round of Antibiotics, both aerobic and anaerobic A-biotics, at the same time. That helped immensely.

Depending on where the bad root is, see what your options are if you get it pulled. And how much$$$. That's my advice. I also have had a root canal on a front upper tooth, in 1985, and that is thru the tooth which is an anchor for a crown. About 17 years later I had to get another root canal on the same spot(Still the same crown). So, yeah, root canals don't necessarily last for 50 years.

Beastmode

Why are extractions bad, if necessary?
I think it's a preference thing, however, Peat has mentioned a decline in cognitive function with extraction. There's another thread on here about root canals that this was discussed. Not sure how to find it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals