• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

May 2013 Newsletter, "Heart and hormones"

Birdie

I've just picked mine up at the post office.

Regarding the perspectives of cardiologists and oncologists, the first paragraph says, "Each specialty has its close involvement with the pharmaceutical industry, shaping its thinking."

Sounds like it'll be an interesting newsletter.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Birdie said:

I just got mine today also! I only skimmed a couple of paragraphs because I have been doing other stuff. But I had the same exact thought as you, Birdie.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Birdie said:

I just got mine today also! I only skimmed a couple of paragraphs because I have been doing other stuff. But I had the same exact thought as you, Birdie.

What a coincidence!
I must read paragraph #2 now and catch up with you. :)

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
:lol:

I just got through reading it and I have to say this is a really great newsletter. Awesome even.

Birdie

I confronted my PA about the lowering of numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure and he was upset. He gave the standard response, that the numbers were lowered in response to new research.

Interesting that my hubby's doc told him there is no need to do his lipids often since he (hubby) doesn't plan to use statins. The testing is done with that end in mind.

I also informed my PA that I didn't plan to do mammography or bone scans. I made that decision a few years back. My old NP was good at working with me. The new fellow is straight out of school. He probably must stick to protocol or lose his job. Actually he said as much.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Yeh, the research told them that if they lower the numbers they get to go to Hawaii more. :roll:

It's all a huge shame. :cry:

This newsletter though, is a huge education in truth. Incredible. Thank you Ray Peat. Much appreciated. :hattip

Birdie

Page 5:

The simplicity of things such as supplementing
thyroid, progesterone, and... avoiding polyunsaturated fats, makes it possible for people to take action themselves,
without having to depend on the medical system.

Yes, this is my approach. As I said, I'm avoiding some of the invasive "preventative" testing.
When the outcome of the tests will not make any difference since I am already taking preventative steps
by lowering estrogen, pufas and phosphate,
the tests are not needed and the side effects not wanted.

I am working on one of the negative inotropic effect of estrogen symptoms, varicose veins.
As Peat says on page 4,
This perspective puts.... other degenerative diseases onto the same biological basis,
and shows why certain conditions and therapies can be appropriate for all of them.

and
The negative inotropic effect of estrogen in the heart has a parallel in the smooth muscle of veins,
in which the muscles are weakened,
and their distensibility increased,
when estrogen isn't sufficiently opposed by progesterone.

Hence, my for the past few months taking lots of progest-E and being sure to get my T3 etc. throughout the day.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Yeh, the research told them that if they lower the numbers they get to go to Hawaii more. :roll:

It's all a huge shame. :cry:

This newsletter though, is a huge education in truth. Incredible. Thank you Ray Peat. Much appreciated. :hattip

I know what you mean.

When a young and impressionable person goes through that training, he or she really wants to help people, and earn a good living too.
If one deviates, the penalties are huge. Many rewards for complying.

But from our point of view, it's good to be in the know amap. :D