May 2013 Newsletter, "Heart and hormones"

Discussion in 'Articles & Newsletters Discussion' started by Birdie, May 13, 2013.

1. Birdie

Birdie Member

I've just picked mine up at the post office.

Regarding the perspectives of cardiologists and oncologists, the first paragraph says, "Each specialty has its close involvement with the pharmaceutical industry, shaping its thinking."

Sounds like it'll be an interesting newsletter.

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

I just got mine today also! I only skimmed a couple of paragraphs because I have been doing other stuff. But I had the same exact thought as you, Birdie.

3. OP
    Birdie

Birdie Member

What a coincidence!
    I must read paragraph #2 now and catch up with you. :)

4. charlie

:lol:

I just got through reading it and I have to say this is a really great newsletter. Awesome even.

5. OP
    Birdie

Birdie Member

I confronted my PA about the lowering of numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure and he was upset. He gave the standard response, that the numbers were lowered in response to new research.

Interesting that my hubby's doc told him there is no need to do his lipids often since he (hubby) doesn't plan to use statins. The testing is done with that end in mind.

I also informed my PA that I didn't plan to do mammography or bone scans. I made that decision a few years back. My old NP was good at working with me. The new fellow is straight out of school. He probably must stick to protocol or lose his job. Actually he said as much.

6. charlie

Yeh, the research told them that if they lower the numbers they get to go to Hawaii more. :roll:

It's all a huge shame. :cry:

This newsletter though, is a huge education in truth. Incredible. Thank you Ray Peat. Much appreciated. :hattip

7. OP
    Birdie

Birdie Member

Page 5:

Yes, this is my approach. As I said, I'm avoiding some of the invasive "preventative" testing.
    When the outcome of the tests will not make any difference since I am already taking preventative steps
    by lowering estrogen, pufas and phosphate,
    the tests are not needed and the side effects not wanted.

I am working on one of the negative inotropic effect of estrogen symptoms, varicose veins.
    As Peat says on page 4,

and
    Hence, my for the past few months taking lots of progest-E and being sure to get my T3 etc. throughout the day.

8. OP
    Birdie

Birdie Member

I know what you mean.

When a young and impressionable person goes through that training, he or she really wants to help people, and earn a good living too.
    If one deviates, the penalties are huge. Many rewards for complying.

But from our point of view, it's good to be in the know amap. :D