May 2013 Newsletter, "Heart and hormones"

Birdie

I've just picked mine up at the post office.

Regarding the perspectives of cardiologists and oncologists, the first paragraph says, "Each specialty has its close involvement with the pharmaceutical industry, shaping its thinking."

Sounds like it'll be an interesting newsletter.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Birdie said:

I just got mine today also! I only skimmed a couple of paragraphs because I have been doing other stuff. But I had the same exact thought as you, Birdie.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Birdie said:

I just got mine today also! I only skimmed a couple of paragraphs because I have been doing other stuff. But I had the same exact thought as you, Birdie.

What a coincidence!
I must read paragraph #2 now and catch up with you. :)

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
:lol:

I just got through reading it and I have to say this is a really great newsletter. Awesome even.

Birdie

I confronted my PA about the lowering of numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure and he was upset. He gave the standard response, that the numbers were lowered in response to new research.

Interesting that my hubby's doc told him there is no need to do his lipids often since he (hubby) doesn't plan to use statins. The testing is done with that end in mind.

I also informed my PA that I didn't plan to do mammography or bone scans. I made that decision a few years back. My old NP was good at working with me. The new fellow is straight out of school. He probably must stick to protocol or lose his job. Actually he said as much.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Yeh, the research told them that if they lower the numbers they get to go to Hawaii more. :roll:

It's all a huge shame. :cry:

This newsletter though, is a huge education in truth. Incredible. Thank you Ray Peat. Much appreciated. :hattip

Birdie

Page 5:

The simplicity of things such as supplementing
thyroid, progesterone, and... avoiding polyunsaturated fats, makes it possible for people to take action themselves,
without having to depend on the medical system.

Yes, this is my approach. As I said, I'm avoiding some of the invasive "preventative" testing.
When the outcome of the tests will not make any difference since I am already taking preventative steps
by lowering estrogen, pufas and phosphate,
the tests are not needed and the side effects not wanted.

I am working on one of the negative inotropic effect of estrogen symptoms, varicose veins.
As Peat says on page 4,
This perspective puts.... other degenerative diseases onto the same biological basis,
and shows why certain conditions and therapies can be appropriate for all of them.

and
The negative inotropic effect of estrogen in the heart has a parallel in the smooth muscle of veins,
in which the muscles are weakened,
and their distensibility increased,
when estrogen isn't sufficiently opposed by progesterone.

Hence, my for the past few months taking lots of progest-E and being sure to get my T3 etc. throughout the day.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Yeh, the research told them that if they lower the numbers they get to go to Hawaii more. :roll:

It's all a huge shame. :cry:

This newsletter though, is a huge education in truth. Incredible. Thank you Ray Peat. Much appreciated. :hattip

I know what you mean.

When a young and impressionable person goes through that training, he or she really wants to help people, and earn a good living too.
If one deviates, the penalties are huge. Many rewards for complying.

But from our point of view, it's good to be in the know amap. :D

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
charlie Heart And Hormones (May, 2013 Newsletter) Articles & Newsletters 3
Zsazsa Hormone drugs that reduce androgen levels may help disarm the coronavirus spike protein Scientific Studies 0
haidut Blocking cortisol may treat terminal pancreatic cancer Scientific Studies 1
haidut Oral testosterone + vitamin E may treat NAFLD, NASH, cirrhosis in humans Scientific Studies 2
haidut Metabolic (energy) deficiency may be the cause of Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 1
haidut Aspirin may prevent and treat COVID-19 Scientific Studies 1
haidut PUFA metabolites may drive bacterial infections and their resistance to antibiotics Scientific Studies 0
haidut Fasting ineffective for shrinking belly fat, may actually increase it Scientific Studies 4
haidut Mitochondrial debris leaking in bloodstream may cause autoimmune disease Scientific Studies 0
haidut Serotonin may be the "aggression hormone" in most living organisms Scientific Studies 4
haidut Nine out of ten COVID-19 deaths may be due to vitamin D deficiency Scientific Studies 6
haidut Glucocorticoids may increase inflammation in the long run Scientific Studies 2
haidut Cortisol may drive COVID-19 mortality Scientific Studies 9
Mauritio Low Dopamine D2 receptor density leads to obesity and insulin resistance , D2 agonism may treat Scientific Studies 24
Diokine LLLT may treat or prevent COVID-19 induced endothelial dysfunction Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 0
R May need higher dose of glycine (10g)? Amino Acids 0
R BCAAs, commonly taken for muscle growth, may decrease muscle growth! Scientific Studies 5
Jam Mortality From Coronavirus Disease 2019 Increases With Unsaturated Fat and May Be Reduced by Early Calcium and Albumin Supplementation Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
yerrag Just Learned From Experience Bicarbonate Intake Isn't the Real Solution, May Even Cause Problems Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
md_a COVID-19 spike proteins may cause neurological issues Scientific Studies 1
H What can be consumed that may mitigate mRNA vaccines from working? Vaccines 15
bzmazu Is COVID19 a New Type of Bio-Energetic Disease State? We May Find Out the Hard Way March 2021. Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 6
haidut Niacinamide may treat ALS by improving energetic state Scientific Studies 0
haidut Niacinamide may treat depression by improving energetic state Scientific Studies 8
haidut Sexual activity and stress levels (HPA activity) may determine longevity Scientific Studies 12
haidut Fasting ups estrogen & cortisol, decimates vitamin D, may cause diabetes Scientific Studies 41
haidut Serotonin may cause schizophrenia, Parkinson, and Alzheimer diseases Scientific Studies 2
haidut Low energy production (glucose metabolism) may cause andropause Scientific Studies 0
Lokzo Elevated Serum Estradiol Levels May Impair Erectile Function Scientific Studies 2
Mito Covid-19 Vaccines May Have Potentially Unpleasant Side Effects Miscellaneous Health Discussions 27
haidut People Who Refuse The COVID-19 Vaccine May Be Banned Socially Articles & Scientific Studies 158
haidut Estrogen May Be The Cause Of "estrogen-negative" Breast Cancer Scientific Studies 0
haidut Intermittent Fasting (IF) Ineffective And May Even Be Dangerous Scientific Studies 0
haidut Blocking Cortisol May Treat Even Terminal Cancers Scientific Studies 9
F CDC Weekly Updates - Comorbidities (May 28, 2020) Scientific Studies 0
Quelsatron Sweden May Make Preschool Obligatory From The Age Of Two Breaking News 0
Tarmander DARPA Says EMF May Be Causing A Trend Of Military Aircraft Accidents Articles & Newsletters 9
haidut Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) + DHT Combo May Reverse Kidney Disease (CKD) Scientific Studies 2
haidut Activation Of The Endotoxin Receptor (TLR4) May Cause Hearing Loss Scientific Studies 10
haidut The Case For Water Fluoridation May Be Nothing But A Corporate Plot Scientific Studies 9
haidut Parkinson Disease (PD) May Begin In The Gut Scientific Studies 0
haidut The Social Fabric In Western Countries May Be Unraveling Scientific Studies 126
haidut Simply Inhaling Endotoxin (LPS) May Cause Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 2
S Weight Gain May Not Be A Bad Thing Weight 78
R Dandelion Root May Be Androgenic (Studies) Thyroid and Hormones 9
haidut Low Metabolism, Cellular Debris May Cause Huntington Disease (HD) Scientific Studies 0
haidut Doxycycline Akin To Meldonium / Mildronate, May Cure Triple-negative Breast Cancer Scientific Studies 0
haidut Pregnenolone (P5) May Be Ergogenic And Helps Recovery From Exercise Scientific Studies 0
Drareg Sedation To Manage 'lockdown Distress' May Have Led To Dementia Deaths Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
haidut Niacinamide (vitamin B3) May Cure HIV (human Study) Scientific Studies 9