Maximum Reasonable Dose of Progesterone

Absolutely wrong. You will stop breathing and die if you take too much progesterone. Dr. Peat said he chose the specific size and concentration that is in Progest-E, so you can‘t kill yourself by drinking the whole bottle.
Really? Do you have any case reports of progesterone overdose and death? I'd be interested in reading them. I know they are using 2000mg IV for chemotherapy patients to help reduce drug resistance, and there was a report here of someone taking 2400mg in a day with no ill effect. So would this dose be 5000mg? 10000? Or is this just a guess?

boris

Really? Do you have any case reports of progesterone overdose and death? I'd be interested in reading them. I know they are using 2000mg IV for chemotherapy patients to help reduce drug resistance, and there was a report here of someone taking 2400mg in a day with no ill effect. So would this dose be 5000mg? 10000? Or is this just a guess?

No idea, Peat talks about it in the Back of a Tiger interview, but I think he doesn‘t mention how much that would be. It‘s not toxic, but a massive dose will sedate you so much that the lungs will stop moving.

I couldn‘t find any information on humans. For rats the LD50 is something like 300mg/kg. I have seen higher numbers too, hard to tell what kind of progesterone they are actually referring to.

Last edited:
I tried doing a pubmed search for progesterone overdose and couldn't find anything. I suspect the dose would have to be high and IV, since absorption sucks for progesterone I've found, even Progest e rubbed on gums. You'd have to rub bottles and bottles on it. Maybe a whole bottle of prometrium - like 10k+mg? I think I will avoid that. There is certainly something risky though or they wouldn't require hospitalization for IV brexanolone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals