Maximum amount of time to use a sunbed per week?

Maximum?

• Once a week

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Three times a week

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Four times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

What’s the maximum amount of time to use a sunbed per week in terms of risk of skin cancer?

It’s winter here in the UK so obviously no D from sunlight, i’ve been using a sunbed once a week for 14 minutes and then just dripping a bunch of thorne vitamin D all over my body everyday.
I’m thinking more in terms of skin cancer risk, would it be okay to use it 14 minutes twice a week? I never seem to get red or burn from the sunbed and actually turn the face lamp off for half of it as their a little intense.

This is the bed i’ve been using: https://bestsunbeds.co.uk/.../150-ergoline-770-s-esprit... out of all the sunbed shops near me its the only one where the owner has actually said ‘this one is better for vitamin D’ and it does list in the description “ 48 x 180W-200W + 3 x 8W p2 Vit D tubes “ what ever that means, although i know the tubes gets changed every few months so not sure if there will be them actually tubes in the bed? Not sure how it all works.

Thanks all

mrchibbs

I recommend reading Michael Holick's book on vitamin D.

I would try to minimize the face exposure, but for the rest of the body apparently the appropriate dosage is to get to the point where you have slight reddening of the skin. That's supposedly equivalent to a 15000-20000UI dose.

So maybe 3x10min or 2x15 minutes, depending.

I think using sunbed is safer than getting no sun at all.

Topical coconut oil can help prevent skin damage and a low-PUFA diet will also prevent skin aging. Giving blood and lowering iron levels can also help prevent mole-like formation.

JKX

I live in the UK. I usually go 6mins once per week during the winter. The mood boost from it is considerable at this time of year.

I'd err on the cautious side though. Minumum therapeautic dose and all that...

GorillaHead

So i started doing high level tans. I apply aloe vera first very important imo. Then i tan for 12 min i consume vitamin e and low dose asprin before i tan and eat Nitrogen high foods. Also take lots of anti cancer stuff. Anything that improves ur immune system make sure u get vitamin C

After i do redlight and infared therapy

mrchibbs

I live in the UK. I usually go 6mins once per week during the winter. The mood boost from it is considerable at this time of year.

I'd err on the cautious side though. Minumum therapeautic dose and all that...
Yeah you're right maybe 10-15 is too much, mood is a good biofeedback measurement

Austin Resch

So i started doing high level tans. I apply aloe vera first very important imo. Then i tan for 12 min i consume vitamin e and low dose asprin before i tan and eat Nitrogen high foods. Also take lots of anti cancer stuff. Anything that improves ur immune system make sure u get vitamin C

After i do redlight and infared therapy
by high level tan, do you mean using a bed, lamp, or the sun at noon?