Maximum amount of fats in a high glycemic meal.

Trullo

Tim Lundeen

Does anyone have a copy of the full study? They only looked at thee data points for fat content: 0, 15g, or 40g. So we don't know what the max is. They also didn't look at the effect of protein.

My own experience is that 10g of fat in a high-carb meal takes about 4-5 hours to have glucose come back to baseline (e.g. eat at or below 83, come back down to that). Some of this might be acclimatization, since I just started eating low fat a few days ago. Could also be affected by protein content.

OP
T

Trullo

Does anyone have a copy of the full study? They only looked at thee data points for fat content: 0, 15g, or 40g. So we don't know what the max is. They also didn't look at the effect of protein.

My own experience is that 10g of fat in a high-carb meal takes about 4-5 hours to have glucose come back to baseline (e.g. eat at or below 83, come back down to that). Some of this might be acclimatization, since I just started eating low fat a few days ago. Could also be affected by protein content.
And with a rich fat meal and high in carbs?

Kvothe

So it looks that the maximun amount of fat that someone can add to a high glycemic meal is 15 grams otherwise it creates insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance is one of the dumbest concepts "science" has ever come up with.

Tim Lundeen

But even if you walk and at any caloric intake?
Eating calories for stable body weight. Possible that exercise would help, but lower fat stabilizes blood glucose with normal movement (not sitting very much post dinner, pretty much standing/moving around till bedtime).

OP
T

Trullo

Eating calories for stable body weight. Possible that exercise would help, but lower fat stabilizes blood glucose with normal movement (not sitting very much post dinner, pretty much standing/moving around till bedtime).

What do you think about? 40% of fats in a meal is much more than 10 grams, the question is: si the starch the problem or the ig?

What about the quality of the fats? Just saying fats can mean many different things. I see that they are using sunflower oil but what if they used butter or olive oil or something else. I think the details matter more than just the blanket concept.

PeskyPeater

here ya go

Attachments

• normand2001.pdf
    223.1 KB · Views: 16
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals