Maximizing Height Growth

My personal theory is that you get maximum height when you drink a lot of milk and stress is low i.e.Northern Europeans. But definitely milk. If you look at some of the tallest people in the world you will find a commonality - milk.

lvysaur

Do Peat from birth (minus aspirin and maybe caffeine)

OP
P

PUTFOT

My personal theory is that you get maximum height when you drink a lot of milk and stress is low i.e.Northern Europeans. But definitely milk. If you look at some of the tallest people in the world you will find a commonality - milk.
Can milk have a height growth effect on a 20 year old?

Can milk have a height growth effect on a 20 year old?
I am inclined to think it is possible. Some people might disagree but I have heard so many anecdotal stories of people gaining an inch or 2 in their 20's. Dr's were worried about my daughter's growth so I did a lot of research on it. Conventional wisdom says that the growth plates of the smaller/shorter bones of the body start to close in your teens but the longer bones can stay open till your 20's which would allow you to gain height. And I believe it is possible for them to reopen but obviously that is only my opinion and I can't back it up with any science. And the trick would be to figure out how to encourage that to happen. I would think a Ray Peat diet could be a good starting point.

DaveFoster

Anything that suppresses estrogen will slow the closing of growth plates; milk will lower your estrogen (even with the estrogen in the fat).

Wagner83

How so? Milk sure gives me acne which is connected with estrogen, also I have noticed a rather accelerated growth of chest hair since drinking 1.5% milk again. Hiit could possibly help fron what I remember (sprints..).

lvysaur

Conventional wisdom says that the growth plates of the smaller/shorter bones of the body start to close in your teens but the longer bones can stay open till your 20's which would allow you to gain height. And I believe it is possible for them to reopen but obviously that is only my opinion and I can't back it up with any science.

I've read the exact opposite. Namely, that the long bones (legs) close their growth plates at an earlier age than the shorter bones (torso/vertebrae).

There's lots of conflicting information out there on the topic. The height growth I experienced coincided with "cracking" in my back, so I'm inclined to think it was mostly torso growth.

T

tca300

How so? Milk sure gives me acne which is connected with estrogen, also I have noticed a rather accelerated growth of chest hair since drinking 1.5% milk again. Hiit could possibly help fron what I remember (sprints..).
Milk protein uses up vitamin A especially fast, and milk raises metabolism. Adding extra vitamin A via liver or a supplement reliably gets rid of acne.

T

tca300

Ray Peat on growing taller in his 40's

" A friend and her two kids were living with us, and everyone marked their height on the door frame; I was about 40 at the time. About a year before we moved out of the house, I was experimenting with DHEA; I had previously been handling progesterone occasionally for several years. I probably took 10 or 15 mg per day, and after a few days there was a sudden change in a mole on my belly, and my horizontal, semi-impacted lower wisdom teeth suddenly began erupting; over a period of a few weeks, they moved into a fully erupted position. I was about 45 at that time. I noticed that my belt was looser, and I had a visible waste, so I checked my weight, and found that I hadn’t lost weight, though considerable fat had disappeared. We were moving out of the house, and before we left we checked our height on the door frame. My younger girl friend was about the same as before, I was considerably taller."

raypeatclips

Ray Peat on growing taller in his 40's

" A friend and her two kids were living with us, and everyone marked their height on the door frame; I was about 40 at the time. About a year before we moved out of the house, I was experimenting with DHEA; I had previously been handling progesterone occasionally for several years. I probably took 10 or 15 mg per day, and after a few days there was a sudden change in a mole on my belly, and my horizontal, semi-impacted lower wisdom teeth suddenly began erupting; over a period of a few weeks, they moved into a fully erupted position. I was about 45 at that time. I noticed that my belt was looser, and I had a visible waste, so I checked my weight, and found that I hadn’t lost weight, though considerable fat had disappeared. We were moving out of the house, and before we left we checked our height on the door frame. My younger girl friend was about the same as before, I was considerably taller."

Fascinating, where did you get this from?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals