Mattres help

OP
D

Dutchie

A brand called "Purple Mattress" uses a latex grid on the top and foam on the bottom of their mattresses. They dont use toxic fire retardants either.

Thanks for the advice, but that brand isn't sold here.
I have come across such a mattress with a pocketspring center and a layer of 3cm latex on the top and bottom.
However the pocketsprings inside would still be conduct EMF.

Ericphilly

The Futon Shop has some great priced natural mattresses of all types. I've been using them for a few years now.

OP
D

Dutchie

All right, I've narrowed things down...
My favorite pick is this 100% very soft (H1) natural latex mattress I'd seen with organic cotton cover, but I'm not sure if I can get this one due to logistics.

So,in that case I'd have to choose between these 2 options below and I'm not sure which one is going to be the least toxic.

- Ikea all latex mattress (supposedly medium hardness); 85% natural latex/15% syntethic latex with non-organic cotton/linnen/viscose cover.
This is the only mattress I've been able to see and lay on, but I come across many reviews stating that the store showroom one is softer/that the new one is much harder and also has a smell to it (I assume bc of the synthetic latex in it).

- Pocketspring mattress with 4cm natural latex layer on the top and bottom and (organic?) bamboo cover. Springs are said to conduct EMF/waves, but such effect of pocketsprings seems to still be debated.
This mattress is 200euros cheaper than the one from Ikea.

Which of the 2 would you choose?

Last edited:
OP
D

Dutchie

All right, I've narrowed things down...
My favorite pick is this 100% very soft (H1) natural latex mattress I'd seen with organic cotton cover, but I'm not sure if I can get this one due to logistics.

So,in that case I'd have to choose between these 2 options below and I'm not sure which one is going to be the least toxic.

- Ikea all latex mattress (supposedly medium hardness); 85% natural latex/15% syntethic latex with non-organic cotton/linnen/viscose cover.
This is the only mattress I've been able to see and lay on, but I come across many reviews stating that the store showroom one is softer/that the new one is much harder and also has a smell to it (I assume bc of the synthetic latex in it).

- Pocketspring mattress with 4cm natural latex layer on the top and bottom and (organic?) bamboo cover. Springs are said to conduct EMF/waves, but such effect of pocketsprings seems to still be debated.
This mattress is 200euros cheaper than the one from Ikea.

Which of the 2 would you choose?

Nevermind, I already found that I don't want any syntethic latex in a possible mattress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals