Matt Stone on milk

chris

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Heat-Metabo ... 588&sr=8-1

Can't argue with the price. This quote on milk stood out for me.

"Milk is usually a superb, warming, metabolism-stimulating beverage. It has some sodium in it, and is generally one of the most mineral-dense foods on earth, but the real key seems to be the fat in milk. The higher the fat content of a dairy product, generally the more warming it is. A liter of fat free skim milk is very cooling on one end of the spectrum. On the other end of the spectrum, drinking sweetened half and half (a 50:50 mixture of milk and cream) is like pouring ice cream down your throat and is extremely warming."

cliff

never been like that for me.

jaketthomas

I agree with Matt Stone. Fat Free milk is definitely cooling. In Ayurveda, it's unbalancing for a Vata person (thin and wiry, and a cold body temperature). Ayurveda always recommends full fat milk to warm and ground the body. Heavy cream in your coffee is also very balancing.

Once normal body temperature is established, it'd probably be a good idea to switch to 2% or 1%, or else you may start getting fat. I'm still in the 97's with body temp, so I will keep using full fat milks and creams until I'm around 99.