Matt Blackburn on

bloooeh

@mamakitty
Way before I knew MB I was on Vit D especially in the winter.. After following MB on IG I was convinced that Vit D was not good for me. So I stopped Vit D for months (almost a year). I noticed low energy/motivation that year. I also felt that I was more anxious at times... Night and day for me especially from being on it, off of it, and being on it again. Coming from stable energy & feeling good about life with Vit D to low energy, etc w/o Vit D to going back on it again and feeling better... My 25OH was in the teens!! 13 to be exact w/o Vit D. No wonder why I wasn't feeling good about life in general. Now, I wish I could be outside under the sun but I require more Vit D because of my dark skin tone and indoor job.

Isn't it sad that I work with a coworker that follows MB on IG and tries to tell me how bad Vit D is for you. lol

mamakitty

@mamakitty
Way before I knew MB I was on Vit D especially in the winter.. After following MB on IG I was convinced that Vit D was not good for me. So I stopped Vit D for months (almost a year). I noticed low energy/motivation that year. I also felt that I was more anxious at times... Night and day for me especially from being on it, off of it, and being on it again. Coming from stable energy & feeling good about life with Vit D to low energy, etc w/o Vit D to going back on it again and feeling better... My 25OH was in the teens!! 13 to be exact w/o Vit D. No wonder why I wasn't feeling good about life in general. Now, I wish I could be outside under the sun but I require more Vit D because of my dark skin tone and indoor job.

Isn't it sad that I work with a coworker that follows MB on IG and tries to tell me how bad Vit D is for you. lol
Ahh, thanks a lot for detailing the symptoms. I unfortunately also did listen to Matt and did stop vitamin D last year. I have high blood pressure now after having my baby and I’m wondering if I potentially made it worse. My d levels during pregnancy were good, I think 40 or 50 and I was taking vitamin d everyday because I’m intolerant to sunlight (migraine, fatigue, nausea, etc. Anyway, I have started taking it every morning again now and hopefully my blood pressure will revert to the good numbers.

LadyRae

When you say it was a mistake not taking vitamin d, what do you mean? Did you get bad symptoms or labs? could you please expand on that?
I quit D about a year ago... Went to a tanning salon last winter, BUT - that practice can give me small red raised capillaries on my face.

So, after continuing to read/listen to Georgi and Danny all year, I started Idealabs' vit D (Calcirol) 6 weeks ago. I haven't tested levels, but my sleep is better and I swear I'm more calm. I didn't catch the colds that all my kids had in the fall, in fact I haven't been sick at all since.

I'm out in the sun a lot as soon as there is warmth to do it so I will probably quit in April or so...

mamakitty

I quit D about a year ago... Went to a tanning salon last winter, BUT - that practice can give me small red raised capillaries on my face.

So, after continuing to read/listen to Georgi and Danny all year, I started Idealabs' vit D (Calcirol) 6 weeks ago. I haven't tested levels, but my sleep is better and I swear I'm more calm. I didn't catch the colds that all my kids had in the fall, in fact I haven't been sick at all since.

I'm out in the sun a lot as soon as there is warmth to do it so I will probably quit in April or so...
How much do you take every day and what time? Right now I’m taking 2,000 iu a day with 120 mg (or is it mcg?) k2 separately. I can’t tolerate bright sun and heat for too long at a time, so I would probably still do mini dose come summer.

LadyRae

How much do you take every day and what time? Right now I’m taking 2,000 iu a day with 120 mg (or is it mcg?) k2 separately. I can’t tolerate bright sun and heat for too long at a time, so I would probably still do mini dose come summer.
Hi! I take 5,000 morning and night, sometimes I forget 1 of them. And 10 mg Idealabs'Kuinone K2 before bed...

bloooeh

Ahh, thanks a lot for detailing the symptoms. I unfortunately also did listen to Matt and did stop vitamin D last year. I have high blood pressure now after having my baby and I’m wondering if I potentially made it worse. My d levels during pregnancy were good, I think 40 or 50 and I was taking vitamin d everyday because I’m intolerant to sunlight (migraine, fatigue, nausea, etc. Anyway, I have started taking it every morning again now and hopefully my blood pressure will revert to the good numbers.
Welcome.
I take Vit D drops sublingually in the evening after dinner. I feel mellow after taking it so I try not to take it in the morning. I have been using Seeking Health's D3 drops w/ 2000 iu per drop in olive oil. I also take Vit K sporadically and the brand I'm currently taking is AOR Peak K2 which have 15 mg per capsule... K2 might help with your high BP. Magnesium as well.

mamakitty

Welcome.
I take Vit D drops sublingually in the evening after dinner. I feel mellow after taking it so I try not to take it in the morning. I have been using Seeking Health's D3 drops w/ 2000 iu per drop in olive oil. I also take Vit K sporadically and the brand I'm currently taking is AOR Peak K2 which have 15 mg per capsule... K2 might help with your high BP. Magnesium as well.
Thank you, again. I started doing magnesium, d and k2, and taurine two days ago, and of course I don’t expect immediate results. However, both mornings I have woken up early morning with a headache and very high blood pressure. I am a little depressed about it, will probably make a new thread asking for help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals