Masterjohn...Are PUFA'S Toxic?

reaching

He doesn't seem to care for Peat whenever someone brings up vitamin E or pufas in his comment sections on instagram. Ill listen when I have time. Any immediate takeaways?

youngsinatra

I actually do think that he is right. I got so bad dandruff and weird skin problems all over the place while trying to PUFA deplete myself.
I added in more arachidonic acid to my diet by eating 4-6 eggs a day and ingested some high-quality fish oil with additional vitamin E and my skin heals now and is getting better from day to day and this happened in just 2 weeks after adding in some PUFAs. I am still consuming only around 7-8g of total PUFAs.

I also developed very low libido with a very low n-6 intake, that also reversed quickly.

Nomane Euger

I actually do think that he is right. I got so bad dandruff and weird skin problems all over the place while trying to PUFA deplete myself.
I added in more arachidonic acid to my diet by eating 4-6 eggs a day and ingested some high-quality fish oil with additional vitamin E and my skin heals now and is getting better from day to day and this happened in just 2 weeks after adding in some PUFAs. I am still consuming only around 7-8g of total PUFAs.

I also developed very low libido with a very low n-6 intake, that also reversed quickly.
Hi,what make you think it is the pufas that fixed your problems and not the other nutrients contain in these foods that you ate that contain pufa,or the combinaison of pufas/all other compounds in these foods?

youngsinatra

Hi,what make you think it is the pufas that fixed your problems and not the other nutrients contain in these foods that you ate that contain pufa,or the combinaison of pufas/all other compounds in these foods?
Certainly there a lot of other nutrients in eggs for example, but even biotin or choline supplements didn't had the same effect on skin, libido etc. And I tried a lot of things for fixing my skin besides the PUFAs, but this is the only thing that improved the situation really.

Hugh Johnson

The body actually adjusts to almost anything. Athlete can feel horrible when taking a break, keto dieter feels awful after eating carbs, I felt awful raising my body temp to normal, smokers and drinkers feel bad when quitting...

Nomane Euger

The body actually adjusts to almost anything. Athlete can feel horrible when taking a break, keto dieter feels awful after eating carbs, I felt awful raising my body temp to normal, smokers and drinkers feel bad when quitting...
Hi Johnson,respectfully,I didn’t get your point,relative to what I asked to youngsinatra

Collden

Sometimes PUFAs taste really bad, ie the fishy taste that oily overfried junk food sometimes gets. But in other cases PUFAs can taste really good, like certain nuts and certain high-quality chips and seed oils. I think the quality of the PUFA really matters.

burtlancast

"We need PUFAS"

There you have it from John.

rijo

I feel like Peat's main thrust is that PUFA avoidance is directional, something to aim towards, cause it's impossible to avoid 100%. Even Peat eats some chicken occasionally.

Masterjohn seems to be right that 0% PUFA is actually harmful.

Jessie

Some of his worst content.

Micronutrient deficiencies from prioritizing low PUFA foods is essentially non-existent if you choose wisely. If you're having to resort to almond consumption for magnesium then perhaps you should expand your horizons and learn what else has magnesium in it. He basically debunks himself when he said the amount of AA needed to prevent a deficiency was 130mgs, lmao. Like, you get 3x that in a single egg yolk. You're never going to be able to push PUFA low enough it become hazardous to your health. Only starvation will cause this, and you got way more problems on your hands than EFA deficiency if you're malnourished. This was a 3 minute video turned into 30 minutes by using word salad.

Sefton10

He basically debunks himself when he said the amount of AA needed to prevent a deficiency was 130mgs, lmao. Like, you get 3x that in a single egg yolk.
Exactly. I honestly don't see how someone could possibly not get the amounts quoted as needed to avoid deficiency. As you say, you'd literally have to starve yourself.

PxD

A smoker feels better smoking, because his body is adapted to it. A PUFA eater might feel better eating PUFA. Just because something has apparent positive short term effects does not mean it is good long term

I used to love eating french fries. At just about every meal out, my side order would be the fried potatoes.

After starting Peating I abstained for a while, maybe 3-4 months, tried them again, and discovered they now tasted...off. Sour/bitter. I noticed that film you get inside your mouth after eating them.

Since then, even the smell of anything frying in oil makes me turn my head away. It just smells rancid.

dabdabdab

Ray has always mentioned that the ratio of sat/PUFA is more important, the same way fernstrom ratio is more important in avoiding serotonin synthesis than the actual amount of tryptophan eaten.

it's about the over consumption of pufas in modern diet, vegetable oils are to blame fish oil is another culprit.
its OK to have pufas in moderate amounts with vitamins e. most uts contain enough nutrients to suppress pufas inflammatory response.

also cooking makes pufas more oxidized.eating raw egg yolk and fresh nuts doesn't have that much of an impact that eating them cooked has.

Jerkboy

If you are active you will use the PUFA's as fuel. PUFA is bad for fat sedentary people because when they lose weight huge amount of PUFA will be released at once. Instead of small dosages from food. Of course eating vegetable oils in high amounts will cause the same. Don't eat those.

Dr. B

Ray has always mentioned that the ratio of sat/PUFA is more important, the same way fernstrom ratio is more important in avoiding serotonin synthesis than the actual amount of tryptophan eaten.

it's about the over consumption of pufas in modern diet, vegetable oils are to blame fish oil is another culprit.
its OK to have pufas in moderate amounts with vitamins e. most uts contain enough nutrients to suppress pufas inflammatory response.

also cooking makes pufas more oxidized.eating raw egg yolk and fresh nuts doesn't have that much of an impact that eating them cooked has.
can you describe the fernstorm ratio? whats the ratio there