Mast Cell Activation Syndrome And Quercetin

Svdmeere

After searching countless forum threads and trying a multitude of diets and supplements, I came to the conclusion that I have suffered my whole life from MCAS, previously known as histamine intolerance. This was about two years ago. After embarking on a lifestyle low on mast cell triggers (primarily diet but also some other triggers) my health came back slowly but steadily: being less fatigued and irritated, better digestion etc... A second boost came upon starting ketotifen, an anti-histamine, mast cell stabilizer, and sort of a lighter version of cyproheptatidine. The third bullet was implementing the low vitamin A approach which further decreased all of my symptoms.
I never tried quercetin because I am also salicylate intolerant.
I have read the book on MCAS by professor Afrin, one of the leading MD's on the subject and was surprised to find that about 15% of all people suffer from it to some degree. He also believes it could be the cause of a number of idiopathic diseases among which fibromyalgia. As symptoms vary a lot,and diagnosis is difficult to make, it is often missed by most phycisians. I think it is certainly possible that a lot of people on this and other health fora suffer from MCAS, without them knowing it.

somuch4food

I seem to have these same issues with histamine, and maybe salicylates and oxalates. I don't know which is causing what, but they seem to often go hand in hand.

I've started taking quercetin today. I can't say if it helped or not, it's too soon.

For everything I have read, it is complicated. A whole host of things can trigger mast cells and many others help inhibit the release of histamine and other substances.

Elize

July 2018 - Mast Attack
Some information above

I have a lot of information for you. Private message me and can share with you. There's been discussions on the forum no but under different headings.

Motif

I seem to have these same issues with histamine, and maybe salicylates and oxalates. I don't know which is causing what, but they seem to often go hand in hand.

I've started taking quercetin today. I can't say if it helped or not, it's too soon.

For everything I have read, it is complicated. A whole host of things can trigger mast cells and many others help inhibit the release of histamine and other substances.
Did it help you ?

Elize

Try this to guide you
Look at the site for more information

Attachments

• 21_FoodList_EN_alphabetic_withCateg(1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 156

Elize

More information

Attachments

• NCCN Guidelines Version 2.2019 - Systemic Mastocytosis.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 89