Massive Pregnenolone Increase From THC!

Pufa

"Pier Vincenzo Piazza and Giovanni Marsicano noticed something peculiar: when lab mice were exposed to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main active component in cannabis, their brains initiated a temporary 3,000 percent increase in the production of pregnenolone"

That's an enormous increase.. wonder if some of the benefits of marijuana come from the preg dump

docall18

I notice if i take a good dose of pregnenolone, I get little to no effect from strong weed.

The preg seems like the antidote to weed.

ddjd

is there a synthetic THC product we can get hold of or is it generally just the old fashioned option available?

OP
P

Pufa

I notice if i take a good dose of pregnenolone, I get little to no effect from strong weed.

ray mentioned it can help with quitting weed. Trying to figure a safe dosage for a man

Grapelander

Pregnenolone Can Protect the Brain from Cannabis Intoxication "Cannabis sativa (marijuana), ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), substantially increases the synthesis of pregnenolone in the brain via activation of the type-1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptor. Pregnenolone then, acting as a signaling-specific inhibitor of the CB1 receptor, reduces several effects of THC. This negative feedback mediated by pregnenolone reveals a previously unknown paracrine/autocrine loop protecting the brain from CB1 receptor overactivation..."

Greg says

Haidut just did an interview with Matt Blackburn about cannabis saying this raise in pregnenolone was a defensive reaction to protect the brain.

Atman

Haidut just did an interview with Matt Blackburn about cannabis saying this raise in pregnenolone was a defensive reaction to protect the brain.
Interesting, but expected hypothesis from a Peat perspective.
Would be interesting to know, whether chronic cannabis users have depleted cholesterol/pregnenolone to validate this theory.
The disturbed memory of potheads would perfectly fit into that picture though.

Frankdee20

Yes, it actually antagonizes the RECEPTORS.

lilsticky

Does anyone know why eating a mango can get you more stoned? I tried this a long time ago

B-myrcene if remember it correctly

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom