Massive Molar Pain

Luann

My wisdom tooth and back molar are having a fight to the death back there. It's to the point where i can't do anything, including sleep or eat, just basically cry / hyperventilate. Swollen lymphs, drooling, everything. Totally getting it removed asap unless someone can think of a reason not to.

tara

I'd be getting to a dentist ASAP and find out what is happening. Do you know they are fighting (crowded?), or could you be dealing with a cavity/infection?
You've definitely got to do sth, sounds like soon!
If it's a cavity, you've got questions about repair or remove.
If it's crowding, I'd be asking about what options the dentist can think of to address it.

OP
Luann

Luann

thanks Tara, got an appointmt in today. The Xray showed straight wisdom teeth, nothing crowded or blocked, just itty baby infected tooth on the left side. Good to know they dont really need to come out, the issue will be fighting the infection, probably gonna pass up antibiotics and treat with coffee, calcium, heat, and light. In the worst moments of pain rebreathing was helpful to lower the stress. A chiropractor suggested Neem oil and coconut oil pulling, as he didn't like the antibiotic idea either.

tara

Is the infection a cavity in the actual tooth, or is it an abcess or something in the gum surrounding the tooth?
If it's a small cavity, I'd be getting it cleaned out and filled, preferably with ceramic rather than amalgam.
If it's an abcess or similar, I guess you can try the other methods, but if they don't help pretty quickly, antibiotics might not be a bad idea. There are other threads discussing antibiotics that Peat has suggested as safer than others.
Coconut oil pulling sounds like good maintenance practice for all teeth anyway (maybe one day I'll get round to it - my teeth could no doubt use it).
I wonder whether there is a record of charcoal pultices being effective fro drawing out an abcess?

OP
Luann

Luann

Its nothing but pericoronitis (inflamed as it enters the mouth), the Xray showed lovely straight widom teeth that doen't even look like they need to come out (of course the dentist wants them out as soon as possible). A chiropractor did recommend coconut oil pulling, Tara. Prednisone left over from my boyfriends oral surgery took care of the pain and swelling without the antibiotics the dentist had prescribed. Other things that helped were getting light on skin, holding the breath for more CO2, coffee and sugar, and gargling with 40 proof /badgirl

tara

the Xray showed lovely straight widom teeth that doen't even look like they need to come out (of course the dentist wants them out as soon as possible).
I wouldn't be removing them if they are healthy and straight and have enough room.

OP
Luann

Luann

I wouldn't be removing them if they are healthy and straight and have enough room.

Exactly.

Pboy had this post in the one that's trending right now, about getting diabetes while on Peat, about not getting enough potassium in the diet and how that can mess with sugar processing. Does that seem like a viable culprit for an infection like this? Ray Peat had this quote about how high blood sugar (not, like, too high, but high enough) is protective against inflammatory this-and-that, so maybe potassium and sugar are both needed to protect against attacks against the body? Anyone think that's valid logic?

I found injecting dilute hydrogen peroxide and salt water into the pockets gets rid of most dental infections. You need a bent cannula. Dentist have them.

tara

Pboy had this post in the one that's trending right now, about getting diabetes while on Peat, about not getting enough potassium in the diet and how that can mess with sugar processing. Does that seem like a viable culprit for an infection like this? Ray Peat had this quote about how high blood sugar (not, like, too high, but high enough) is protective against inflammatory this-and-that, so maybe potassium and sugar are both needed to protect against attacks against the body? Anyone think that's valid logic?
I think adequate potassium is needed for using sugar well. One of the reasons to include fruit/juice/potatoes etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals