Mass vaccination against Covid-19 might lead to emergence of truly deadly strains

tara

My impression is you use manners as an excuse to try to keep everyone from pointing out you are always wrong.
Maybe try to make my errors clear without being rude?

Note that Charlie has this as Rule 1a for the forum:
"1. Forum Rules
a. Be polite and respectful."

Not sure what you think I'm wrong about.
Most of what people seem to argue with me about regarding COVID-19 seems to be things I haven't said.

PxD

Sweden has as high a percentage of migrants as the United States. The country is not as homogenous as you think. I will link another article below.

When you say that the responses to covid were different in Texas and New York, this reflects that the politicians reacted differently. This is nothing to do with culture, but political decisions.

As to restriction of movements... We do not have borders within Germany, but travel between Bundesländer (states) has been severely restricted several times in the past year, and it is now. You want to toboggan? No, not with this license plate of yours. You want to live in your house which you bought 20 years ago and where you spent every summer since? Forget it, our registers say that it is your second home. Sad reality in Germany. People in the former GDR have never been that restricted.

Sweden is not even remotely comparable to the US in terms of ethnic heterogeneity. Sweden has a high proportion of immigrants but the remaining 80% of the country is descended from the original native Nordic stock. In the US, there is no single dominant haplotype. If I recall correctly the single most common genetic ancestral origin is English at 13%, then German and Irish (Celtic) each somewhere around 11%, followed by a Benneton advertisement worth of diversity from all corners of the globe (Italian, West African, Spanish, Aztec and Maya Indian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Scandinavian, Ashkenazi Jew, etc). Layered on top of that are ethno-racial groupings (white, black, Asian, Hispanic) and layered on top of that is a further linguistic-cultural split (Hispanic, non-Hispanic). Now, on top of all of THAT, this entire ethnic mixed salad has been created mostly in the last 200 years or so and all of these groups have brought in and retained to some extent pieces of their original cultures and values. This is why I say the US is an empire of a thousand nations, and why one shouldn’t expect a uniform response from its citizens.

Re: Texas vs New York, politics is reflective of culture. The two places are 2500km apart. It’s like comparing Germany to Italy and claiming the people are the same. They’re not, and the cultural and ethnic differences are reflected in the ways these states dealt with Covid, both the politicians and regular people.

I have family in Berlin and Lübeck. I’ve heard some about the restrictions over there. Sorry to hear that and I hope restrictions are lifted soon.

Last edited:

Giraffe

Sweden is not even remotely comparable to the US in terms of ethnic heterogeneity. Sweden has a high proportion of immigrants but the remaining 80% of the country is descended from the original native Nordic stock. In the US, there is no single dominant haplotype. If I recall correctly the single most common genetic ancestral origin is English at 13%, then German and Irish (Celtic) each somewhere around 11%, followed by a Benneton advertisement worth of diversity from all corners of the globe (Italian, West African, Spanish, Aztec and Maya Indian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Scandinavian, Ashkenazi Jew, etc). Layered on top of that are ethno-racial groupings (white, black, Asian, Hispanic) and layered on top of that is a further linguistic-cultural split (Hispanic, non-Hispanic). Now, on top of all of THAT, this entire ethnic mixed salad has been created mostly in the last 200 years or so and all of these groups have brought in and retained to some extent pieces of their original cultures and values. This is why I say the US is an empire of a thousand nations, and why one shouldn’t expect a uniform response from its citizens.

Re: Texas vs New York, politics is reflective of culture. The two places are 2500km apart. It’s like comparing Germany to Italy and claiming the people are the same. They’re not, and the cultural and ethnic differences are reflected in the ways these states dealt with Covid, both the politicians and regular people.

I have family in Berlin and Lübeck. I’ve heard some about the restrictions over there. Sorry to hear that and I hope restrictions are lifted soon.

The fear mongering seems to have worked all over the world irrespective of culture, and if you can make people believe that face diapers help against invisible dangers, you can for sure teach them to wash their hands, sneeze in the elbows and stay home when they have symptoms.

Your arguments regarding different cultures imply that there is more needed than that, but none of the other interventions is effective in preventing transmissions or disease. They have been political decisions. They have nothing to do with health. The lockdowns are aimed at destroying the economy. The face diapers help to maintain the being-threatened feeling (people would otherwise forget in Spring). The house arrests (aka quarantines) wear people down, exhaust them. Why would you quarantine healthy people? These and the lockdowns worsen the situation in care homes which was difficult to begin with. In Western countries many care homes are notoriously understaffed, and now with foreign workers fleeing the country and staff members subject to ridiculous 'hygiene' measures when they don't happen to be quarantined, the care can't be maintained as needed. Bed-ridden patients or blind ones or dement ones need a lot of attention otherwise they succumb fast. This is clearly reflected in the excess death numbers.

Last edited:

Mito

Finally. I wondered how many deaths and cases it would take before they admitted. Now they will try to use it as another tyranny.
Unfortunately it appears it will be mandated for all US citizens as the Biden is working on a federal level vaccine mandate.

Lollipop2

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals