Mass vaccination against Covid-19 might lead to emergence of truly deadly strains

PxD

And they would not have had to if Hair Furher and his ilk had not denied reality. A true 45-day global lockdown could have ended COVID in as many days.

These sentences make my head hurt. Two ridiculous, unsupported assertions, a collectivist solving-problems-by-elitist-dictat mentality, topped off with a dash of TDS.

What's comical is you accuse Trump of being a tyrant with the Hair Furher (it's spelled "Fuehrer", actually) comment while in the second sentence lamenting that leaders didn't behave like tyrants and shut the whole world down like a prison for 45 days.

Typical leftist - full TDS and cognitive dissonance on display.

Nemo

These sentences make my head hurt. Two ridiculous, unsupported assertions, a collectivist solving-problems-by-elitist-dictat mentality, topped off with a dash of TDS.

What's comical is you accuse Trump of being a tyrant with the Hair Furher (it's spelled "Fuehrer", actually) comment while in the second sentence lamenting that leaders didn't behave like tyrants and shut the whole world down like a prison for 45 days.

Typical leftist - full TDS and cognitive dissonance on display.

Not to mention it was people like Peater Pan and their heroes Pelosi and Cuomo who said Trump was stupid for locking down travel from China, etc.

Refusal to take responsibility for their own actual policy preferences as well.

PxD

So asking everyone to mask up, physically distance and wash hands for a short period of time is akin to murder? Bit of a stretch.

You said "lockdown" in your original post, not wearing masks, distancing, and washing hands. Way to move the goalposts.

Masking/distancing/washing hands is what we've all been doing for over a year now already. If this is what you thought would stop Covid in its tracks...well, it didn't work.

Nemo

So asking everyone to mask up, physically distance and wash hands for a short period of time is akin to murder? Bit of a stretch.

Bit of a stretch to claim you said physically distance and wash hands when you said world lockdown.

And masking up doesn't reduce transmission at all. Neither does physically distancing.

tara

Not to mention it was people like Peater Pan and their heroes Pelosi and Cuomo who said Trump was stupid for locking down travel from China, etc.
I haven't seen Peater Pan celebrate these people as heroes - are you making this up, or do you have a reference I've missed?

tara

Masking/distancing/washing hands is what we've all been doing for over a year now already. If this is what you thought would stop Covid in its tracks...well, it didn't work.
Nice thought. That's not what it looks like though - lots of gatherings without masks - some of them large, lots of people insisting that these precautions are unnecessary and ignoring them (including members here), and in many cases people being required to work without adequate PPE even when they really want to do it more safely. Who knows whether you all could have done it if everyone had cooperated and implemented the policy.

Nemo

Nice thought. That's not what it looks like though - lots of gatherings without masks - some of them large, lots of people insisting that these precautions are unnecessary and ignoring them (including members here), and in many cases people being required to work without adequate PPE even when they really want to do it more safely. Who knows whether you all could have done it if everyone had cooperated and implemented the policy.

Masks don't work and never worked to stop transmission of respiratory viruses which you would know if you didn't determinedly hide from all of the studies posted here.

There's zero evidence social distancing works either. Most transmission of Covid happened at lockdown states at home.

Are you ever going to learn the facts of what happened over the past year or just keep spitting out this drivel?

Peater Pan

You said "lockdown" in your original post, not wearing masks, distancing, and washing hands. Way to move the goalposts.

I haven't seen Peater Pan celebrate these people as heroes - are you making this up, or do you have a reference I've missed?
I have not, indeed. I have little faith in most politicians. They're bought and paid for by corporate interests. That is not to say that the "former guy" didn't do an awful job.

Peater Pan

When you need to get supplies, etc. Admit it, Trump ****88 ***t up and just let it rip, all the while grifting your foolish ****. If we'd properly locked down, early (Feb.), and that means EVERYONE, like real patriots, we'd have 80% less deaths. That would have required actual leadership, on a global scale. Know anyone that's died of COVID? I do. Many in fact. :(

Peater Pan

bull****. Ignorants with chin diapers everywhere. FrEEdUmB! MAskSDoNTwOrK!!

Public health measures are not tyranny. Denial is not a strategy. We obvs have different definitions of "TDS."

…who live in glass houses…The distraction? We're "enemies," while the rich disenfranchise us both.

What did you eat today?

tara

My understanding from way back was that this forum was intended for respectful discussion, even when people don't agree about everything.
There didn't use to be a membership requirement that everybody make exactly the same choices about their own health.
Is this still the case?
Would it be possible to have a discussion on that basis?

Most lockdowns didn't happen until after infection had spread significantly. It seems to me that those countries that have had the best success at preventing widespread illness and mortality were ones that managed to control transmission before the horse had bolted, so to speak. Partly luck (eg islands), and partly very effective management. Wuhan managed to stop their epidemic locally after it had got underway by drastic lockdown. (I have not said that's how it should be done everywhere, so don't attribute that to me.)

The US is not seem to disprove the possibility of using a lockdown to control an outbreak. If anything it might illustrate that how lockdowns and related tactics are implemented (by leadership and population) matters.
Most transmission of Covid happened at lockdown states at home.
Isn't this what you would expect if lockdowns are only initiated after community transmission is widespread? It would mean that the only places with lockdowns are the ones with high rates of infection, and in those places, transmission is selectively reduced between households/community, while still happening within households.

tara

Missenger

The US is not seem to disprove the possibility of using a lockdown to control an outbreak. If anything it might illustrate that how lockdowns and related tactics are implemented (by leadership and population) matters.
It reminds me how retards collect paychecks by typing out the equivalent of noise.

LeeLemonoil

First data mostly from Israel but already also other countries indicate a high risk of myocarditis from the mRNA-Jab from Pfizer/Biontech. Possibly 1:20.000 in young men!
That’s a known sequaele from undetected / untreated or subclinical influences and other respiratory diseases.
Everybody knows those stories from runners and athletes that drop dead suddenly - due to undetected myocarditis. How many death will we see in a few decades from Biontrchs jab?

Giraffe

Most lockdowns didn't happen until after infection had spread significantly.
Infectious respiratory diseases come in waves. After about six weeks it's mostly gone. No intervention needed. The vulnerable should be a little more cautious during this time, but this they have always been. It's common sense. The lockdowns happened when the numbers were already falling.

Andman

First data mostly from Israel but already also other countries indicate a high risk of myocarditis from the mRNA-Jab from Pfizer/Biontech. Possibly 1:20.000 in young men!
That’s a known sequaele from undetected / untreated or subclinical influences and other respiratory diseases.
Everybody knows those stories from runners and athletes that drop dead suddenly - due to undetected myocarditis. How many death will we see in a few decades from Biontrchs jab?
thats interesting/frightening. over here in austria the astra zeneca vaccine is known (or being pushed as?) the dangerous one due to risk of blood clots while pfizers is almost universally praised :bored:

TomS

Today AstraZeneca vaccine is available at the largest immunization point in Budapest, Hungary. Newspaper wrote a huge crowd is waiting to be vaccinated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals