Masks Do Work (PBS Video)

tankasnowgod

It's kind of amazing that nobody's made the simple connection that all of the countries that already had mask-wearing as a semi normal thing in flu season i.e. japan and china seem to be the same places most pandemics come from in the first place. you can't mask around the fact that packing people like sardines has consequences

More like places where media claims that pandemics come from.

It seems to me "pandemic" is a very ill defined word, that doesn't really mean anything.

If the definition of "Pandemic" is reserved for a disease or condition that kills 20-50 Million people within a year like Spanish Flu (or 250 Million, adjusting for current population), then I have never seen a pandemic in my life, and probably never will.

If the definition of "Pandemic" is defined simply by media hysteria and declaration by so called officials, then I guess we are in one, and there have been around 20 or so within my life.

If the definition of "Pandemic" is defined as some disease or condition that affects 100,000 people or so worldwide, well, then I have seen a few dozen a year every single year I have been alive. And in this definition, COVID would rank 20th on that Pandemic list, in no way deserving of the coverage or response it got.

I've noticed people like to use a fluid definition, going with the third to justify COVID, but then reverting to the first when you bring up the fact that Tuberculous has killed more people this year than deaths that are even associated with COVID.

Lejeboca

I guess, I will cross-list my post from the `masks don't work` thread here :):. Sorry for duplicating.

Cutting through the barrage of opinions, one can see that the supercomputer modeled:

"While nonwoven masks blocked nearly all droplets emitted in a cough, all three types stopped at least around 80% of spray...
The nonwoven masks did allow more than 10% of droplets measuring 20 microns or less in diameter to escape through gaps between the fabric and the face, the computer model showed. But polyester and cotton masks allowed up to 40% of these droplets to pass through, as their fibers are spaced more widely than those of nonwoven fabric. One micron equals one millionth of a meter. The team also modeled the effectiveness of face shields in blocking a cough by the wearer. Though droplets of 50 microns or more stuck to the inner surface of the shield, those 20 microns or smaller were able to escape through gaps.
"

Do cloth masks work? Supercomputer Fugaku says yes

boris

CDC | Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures
Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

Daily Mail | Face masks turn us into voiceless submissives - and it’s not science forcing us to wear them, it’s politics
Why is this frenzy taking place?
Here is a clue. On July 12, Deborah Cohen, the medical correspondent of BBC2’s Newsnight, revealed an astonishing thing.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) had reversed its advice on face masks, from ‘don’t wear them’ to ‘do wear them’.
But the key fact was that it had not done so because of scientific information – the evidence had not backed the wearing of face coverings – but because of political lobbying.

She revealed on Twitter that: ‘We had been told by various sources [that the] WHO committee reviewing the evidence had not backed masks but they recommended them due to political lobbying.’ She said the BBC had then put this to the WHO, which did not deny it.

Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies programme, had said at a briefing in Geneva:
There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit.
‘In fact, there’s some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly.’

England’s chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, had said that wearing face masks would do little to combat the outbreak.

Dr Jenny Harries, a Deputy Chief Medical Officer, warned that people could be putting themselves more at risk from contracting Covid by wearing muzzles. She said masks could ‘actually trap the virus’, and cause the person wearing it to breathe it in. She explained: ‘For the average member of the public walking down a street, it is not a good idea.’

Last edited:

David90

The language they use is so terrible.

"you can't mess around with the state"
"we will use police force"
"we are not providing a stage for corona deniers and right wing extremists"

First there were protests for our right to protest (that was taken away), then we got that right back, then they said "what's the problem? you could always protest" and now this.... ridiculous.

I can tell you, there will be MASSIVE Protest this Weekend. I would not wonder if there even are Street Fights against the Police.
Because this is a Official Attack on Human Rights.
In a Democracy, there will ALWAYS be some People thinking otherwise. And a good Democracy withstand's that. They must withstand Psychologically that someone has NOT the same opinion as they do. The German Government don't (as you Describe with the Language Part).

I'm really ashamed of my own Government. In My Eyes, this is not Democracy anymore….

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
I can tell you, there will be MASSIVE Protest this Weekend. I would not wonder if there even are Street Fights against the Police.
Because this is a Official Attack on Human Rights.
In a Democracy, there will ALWAYS be some People thinking otherwise. And a good Democracy withstand's that. They must withstand Psychologically that someone has NOT the same opinion as they do. The German Government don't (as you Describe with the Language Part).

I'm really ashamed of my own Government. In My Eyes, this is not Democracy anymore….

Anymore? You've been under an extractive occupational government for three quarters of a century.

David90

Anymore? You've been under an extractive occupational government for three quarters of a century.
Yeah. Maybe i was to blind to see that. But now there is slowly the Truth creeping up. But our German Fellows are still to blind to see and connect the Dots….

snacks

Yeah. Maybe i was to blind to see that. But now there is slowly the Truth creeping up. But our German Fellows are still to blind to see and connect the Dots….

It is a lot like the English empire. Most english even today can't accept that to the ruling class native englishmen and indians were just two different classes of sepoys to anglo finance. There is or used to be a lot of material prosperity in west germany and so for a time it's understandable that germans didn't really understand or want to see that at the end of the day you are still an occupied, conquered people but now that things are getting worse and the government has removed the mask (haha) maybe things will change

David90

It is a lot like the English empire. Most english even today can't accept that to the ruling class native englishmen and indians were just two different classes of sepoys to anglo finance. There is or used to be a lot of material prosperity in west germany and so for a time it's understandable that germans didn't really understand or want to see that at the end of the day you are still an occupied, conquered people but now that things are getting worse and the government has removed the mask (haha) maybe things will change

Hopefully it changes. Time will tell. And Times will be Interesting over here. Especially in the Beginning of October where Insolvency over here will SURELY rise…..

snacks

Hopefully it changes. Time will tell. And Times will be Interesting over here. Especially in the Beginning of October where Insolvency over here will SURELY rise…..

Seems like we're approaching a reckoning for the just pretend the money exists model of capitalism. Ironically it seems to me that countries like russia and iran that were forced by sanctions to make most production domestic will weather this the est

Lejeboca

COMMUNISM (10).jpg

Found on SNIPPITS AND SNAPPITS: 2020

tankasnowgod

Science has proven that the horsemask is the only mask that offers ANY level of protection against COVID 19.

Giraffe

[emphasis mine]
"While nonwoven masks blocked nearly all droplets emitted in a cough, all three types stopped at least around 80% of spray...
The nonwoven masks did allow more than 10% of droplets measuring 20 microns or less in diameter to escape through gaps between the fabric and the face, the computer model showed. But polyester and cotton masks allowed up to 40% of these droplets to pass through, as their fibers are spaced more widely than those of nonwoven fabric. One micron equals one millionth of a meter. The team also modeled the effectiveness of face shields in blocking a cough by the wearer. Though droplets of 50 microns or more stuck to the inner surface of the shield, those 20 microns or smaller were able to escape through gaps."
We have been told over and over to cough or sneeze into our elbow, and this has been sensible advice. Now we are told to wear a piece of cloth in our face. Just the thought that it catches part of the slime and you have it in your face is disgusting. It's unhygienic. It's insalubrious (the body coughs or sneezes to get rid of stuff). And did I mention that it is disgusting to have slime in your face?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals