Masks And CO2

OP
D

DennisX

i thought n-95 masks allow air to come in and out, it only blocks the small and large particles. How much different is that from breathing normally?
See . The CO2 measurement video by Del BigTree of the Highwire report.

Recoen

I know RP has recommended bag breathing before and says if you need O2 to make sure some CO2 is given too. But isn’t making your own CO2 from proper metabolism -> Bohr effect, etc the most important thing. So for example breathing in a higher concentration of CO2 is like grounding... both bandaids while you’re actively doing them but not addressing the highest order issue?

Hgreen56

From the 2020-3-31 Politics&Science Interview with Ray Peat.
[38:43]
JB: I was wondering: Do masks increase your CO2 levels? I feel it's like breathing into a bag.
RP: Not very much.
JB: No? They don't?
RP: Carbon dioxide doesn't stay in place.
JB: Or I see, so breathing into a bag is much more effective?
RP: Yeah.
JB: Because you are recirculating it over and over again.
RP: um-hm.

When watching, I was wondering what kind of device he was using? There is nothing shown in the comments and I couldn't discern from the picture. It's definitely different from the one with which another guy in the beginning of the video measures oxygen content under his own mask.

or just doing the easy/cheapest way and holding your breath.
Maybe the healthiest approach to becease you probably breathing chemicals into your body from the bag. But that is just a guess.
I think a bag is only useful if you have a panic attack / hyperventilation and you don't have control anymore over your own breathing.

Attachments

• breath in a bag, it's the same thing as holding your breath.png
    breath in a bag, it's the same thing as holding your breath.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Perry Staltic

View attachment 18395 This is what they are still doing at my job. It’s sickening literally and figuratively. We also have to put our used masks in a recycling bin to be disinfected and reused.

There's that thing you mentioned about them hiding patients' treatments. I wonder if that is blowback from the Elmhurst nurse whistleblower video.