Masa Harina

HDD

I have found another food to love! Masa Harina cakes or whatever you want to call them. It is soooooo easy. I bought the Masa Harina months ago but just tried it last night. You just add water. Form into little balls. Flatten. Fry in coconut oil. Eat as is or top with cheese or something sweet. We love Mexican food so this gives us a new addition to our meal. My cakes were too fat to fold over and use like a taco. I am not sure even if I have a press to make thin that they wouldn't crumble anyway. However, if I can make them thin enough they could be used like a chip!

I have been using coconut flour lately to fry shrimp and fish so I thought that maybe the Masa Harina might work for this also.

Rayser had mentioned making cookies with it, so hope to try that also. Of course, self control will be needed to avoid gains. ;)

How does Masaharinaaaadiane sound?!! lol

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haagendazendiane said:

:rolling

I really like Masa Harina to. Fried in coconut oil then a bunch of salt on top, chased with Mexican Coca Cola, yum. If I wasn't trying to cut my grains back to as least as possible I would definitely be eating more Masa.

honeybee

I'm lucky-we have lots of masa produts in the stores where I live. Some have no bad ingredients and are minimally processed-local stuff. Look up "Mexican Atole" or "Atole"-you can use milk instead of water or a mix of the 2. Very filling.

4peatssake

Haagendazendiane said:
Not nearly as good as Haagendazdendiane! ;)