Marked Improvement Of Thyroid Function And Autoimmunity By Aloe Barbadensis Miller Juice

Sumbody

I came across this a little over a year ago and thought I'd share. I couldn't find it linked anywhere on the forum...

Marked improvement of thyroid function and autoimmunity by Aloe barbadensis miller juice in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism

I went out and did an experiment of my own which lasted roughly 9-10 months.

I'm no stranger to Aloe Vera Juice as my friends and I used it to pass Marijuana drug tests in our teens and early 20s, however that is a different topic of debate.

I used the brand "Fruit of The Earth", and their version of Aloe Vera juice which can easily be found by the gallon at just about any Walmart store in the US and cheaper than its been in almost 2 decades. ($5.99-$7.99 typically give or take).

I know there are concerns about AV juice over its aloin content, so I called the company and they confirmed because of CA's Prop 65, they do refine their product to remove those unwanted compounds. Because it would be financially un-productive to create several different products. All of their AV juice is produced this way to remove unwanted anthraquinones.

On average I consumed 3-5 ounces first thing every morning on an empty stomach.

When I started this test I had a TSH of about 17 with a FT4 of like 0.7. After about 6-7 months my TSH got as low as 4.9 with FT4 at about 1.4 if I remember correctly.

I continued for about 3 more months but abandoned the AV juice after later test results showed my TSH had climbed back up to 7.9.

Now that rise could have been because of anything. I was taking Berberine, Neem, and Oil of Oregano sometime about a month before testing and at one point very high doses of B2 and B3 so who knows.

I researched the brand used in the study and it does seem like a superior product to what I was using, but then again. Maybe I shouldn't have abandoned my experiment so quickly.

OP
S

Sumbody

I must also add that during this time I took no thyroid supplementation.

Lollipop2

Tenacity

TSH can increase or decrease for reasons other than alterations in thyroid function. Did you measure pulse and temperature at any point during your experiment?

LeeLemonoil

It’s full of plant-hormones, especially Gibellerin. That one is called phyto-Testosteron sometimes but data and studies also indicate some estrogenic effects on humans. Hard to tell from that angle if AV consumption longterm is recommendable

Lollipop2

It’s full of plant-hormones, especially Gibellerin. That one is called phyto-Testosteron sometimes but data and studies also indicate some estrogenic effects on humans. Hard to tell from that angle if AV consumption longterm is recommendable
Interesting. Thank you. What do you define as long term? Does long term use indicate daily use? If a person uses it in 2 ounce quantities occasionally (once every week or two) but over say several years. Does that raise concern according to the research you have seen? Thank you in advance.

LeeLemonoil

Interesting. Thank you. What do you define as long term? Does long term use indicate daily use? If a person uses it in 2 ounce quantities occasionally (once every week or two) but over say several years. Does that raise concern according to the research you have seen? Thank you in advance.

Was thinking about daily or frequent use yes. As mentioned I cannot authoritatively day if AV consumption has any non-beneficial effects at all but it’s at least not entirely clear to me what it does. Occasional use should be fine

Lollipop2

Was thinking about daily or frequent use yes. As mentioned I cannot authoritatively day if AV consumption has any non-beneficial effects at all but it’s at least not entirely clear to me what it does. Occasional use should be fine
Thank you. I appreciate your consideration.

Kray

I truly think Aloe Vera juice that is refined to remove those toxic constituents reduces inflammation over time. I saw it help my situation (GI troubles). I use this one:

George's Aloe Vera Supplement, 64 Fluid Ounce Amazon product ASIN B00B7V5Z7EView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7V5Z7E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uAPgEb582WQK1

This blog explains about this product:

In-Depth Review: George’s Aloe Vera Juice | AloeVeraGuru.com

I do not even use it everyday and I still see its effects over time.
Hey Lolli-
Do you still consume George's? Please provide update and if yes, how often, how much, etc?
Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals