Marijuana Causing Mental Issues

burtlancast

Something to ponder:

Marijuana May Prevent Memory Loss by Reducing Brain Inflammation

Researchers at Ohio State University found certain components of marijuana to be beneficial for the aging brain, as they were proven to reduce brain inflammation and regenerate dead brain cells. Such information may come as an astounding fact to many, as it is the complete opposite of what we have been taught in regards to marijuana’s effect on the brain. The common notion that marijuana impairs memory function and kills brain cells is turning out to be quite contradictory to the truth, meaning public schools and organizations we trusted to help us were, in reality, harming us by robbing us of a truth that could save our lives in the future. Cannabis has shown to be a key to good health, even more so when we eat it rather than smoking it.

Due to its ability to regrow brain cells and reduce brain inflammation, it is quite possible marijuana will be, and always has been, the perfect antidote to neurodegenerative diseases. One can only hope others will continue to bravely speak out about the benefits of marijuana in an effort to give future generations a shot at a health care system, and ultimately a quality of life, unparalleled to our own.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... lammation/

Marijuana could help reduce memory loss in old age and fight Alzheimer's Disease, scientists have found.

Contrary to the common belief that smoking the drug destroys memory, researchers have found that it could actually keep the brain young.

The team at Ohio State University found that specific elements of marijuana can be good for the ageing brain by reducing inflammation there and possibly even stimulating the formation of new brain cells.

The research suggests that the development of a legal drug that contains certain properties similar to those in marijuana might help prevent or delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease.

Though the exact cause of Alzheimer's remains unknown, chronic inflammation in the brain is believed to contribute to memory impairment.

Any new drug's properties would resemble those of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive substance in the cannabis plant, but would not share its capability to produce a "high".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... imers.html

pboy

thanks burt, its nice to have science to back up what I feel, and so other people might listen

its not arrogant for me to say that, its just courageous confidence from someone whos put things to a rigorous test on myself. Ive endured a lot to come to some of the knowledge I have so I don't take it lightly

jaa

pboy said:
marijuana doesn't cause those kind of issues, so it wasn't that
im being honest

When I was smoking weed every day, multiple times a day throughout high school, my grades started slipping and I became dumber. But I don't think it was because of marijuana was physically damaging my brain. It was because I was high all the time and thus my learning ability and motivation to learn was impaired. And when I was high, I would search for immediate gratification. I would stay up late watching movies and playing video games. Poor sleep habits and shitty food and lack of motivation and impairment in ability to learn while high were what made me dumb. Nowadays, I can ingest a bit of marijuana a few times a month, when going on a hike or winding down, and it has zero noticeable negative effect on my cognitive function. It's quite pleasant compared with alcohol as my brain feels good as new the following day after use.

burtlancast

Cannabis use in Alzheimer patient:

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/alzheimer ... -cannabis/

Mom transformed from aggressive and angry to the cheerful woman I knew from childhood. Instead of slapping my cheeks, she caressed them tenderly and moved my hair from my face as she told me she loved me. From her isolation came the interaction and humor required to joke with us. From frantic shuffling and hiding of objects she began offering them for my use. Rather then kicking, biting and hitting, she became happily compliant, even cooperative. She literally became a social butterfly!

Mom also suffered extensively from muscle spasms, particularly in her legs, typically relieved by dancing the night away together. But one night I thinned some HAO oral with coconut oil, to reduce the cinnamon oil below topical TLV as an irritant and to improve penetration. After slathering her leg with the modified HAO, the cramps went away, allowing her to go back to sleep. She woke 20 minutes later complaining of the other leg. Again, HAO topical and back to sleep! HAOT was born.

toddy

Smoking weeds can affect our brain cells that can also cause a memory lost. You should consult with your doctor about that

mujuro said:
Any kind of psychic challenge causes a rush of lethargy over my entire brain, an almost instant 'I give up' sensation. I feel stupid.

I've experienced this as well. Any sort of challenge or setback has me feeling like giving up on life and just completely sheltering myself away. I have lost any sort of resilience or 'grit' as they call it. Any sort of setback and I'm done.

I wonder if it's the marijuana or something else thats caused this. I remember in my teens I would go to dozens of different stores in one day looking for a job and now just a few rejections is enough to send me home for the day.

Philomath

Dr. Peat mentions having used marijuana before, I remember that from one of his interviews. I believe he said it was for pain relief when he was young. I also believe he told a caller that it would be better NOT to smoke it. My understanding is the smoke, ie. soot (NO and CO) is estrogenic and the reason for mental and physical ailments. That may explain why marijuana and tobacco smoking effects people differently and some not at all.

Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

Percival Potts' observation of scrotal cancer in chimney sweeps eventually led to the study of soot carcinogenesis, and then to the study of the properties of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soot. The similarities of those properties to estrogen's soon became apparent.

tara

Philomath said:
... My understanding is the smoke, ie. soot (NO and CO) is estrogenic and the reason for mental and physical ailments ...

Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

Percival Potts' observation of scrotal cancer in chimney sweeps eventually led to the study of soot carcinogenesis, and then to the study of the properties of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soot. The similarities of those properties to estrogen's soon became apparent.

I'm with you on smoke itself being a problem for people smoking anything, including estrogenic effects of soot. I think the soot is the mostly carbon solid particles - as you say, shown to be problematic in itself. The CO and NO gases both have their own separate damaging mechanisms as well.

Does smoking cigarettes have the same estrogenic effect. I've read that it raises your testosterone levels.

TeslaFan

lookingforanswers said:
Since smoking marijuana, my brain has never been the same. I started smoking at the age of 17 on a weekly basis. Through age 18-19, I was smoking almost everyday, multiple times a day. In high school I was a good student, and great at math. I had a great sense of direction too. Slowly, I noticed my memory and overall cognitive ability were declining, so I decided to stop at age 19. My grades declined and I struggle with school work to this day. I am almost 25 years old now. I feel like my brain just doesn't make the same connections it used to. I can't put my finger on it, but something just isn't right. I can't grasp complex, abstract concepts like I used to. I am also not as creative as I once was. I've become duller as a result and struggle in social situations to make conversation.

I haven't smoked since the age of 19, other than a couple occasions over the years. I obviously have no plans to ever smoke again. What I can I do to reverse this damage and restore my memory? I have tried pregnenolone and it hasn't really seemed to help. I understand there may be no exact answer, but what exactly happened? I know plenty of people who smoked more marijuana over a longer time period, and they certainly do not have these problems.

Excessive stimulation of cannabinoid sites will down-regulate / desensitize them.
Trying a cannabinoid antagonist may stimulate up-regulation / re-sensitization. You could investigate that path.

Slappy Hands

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918244/

Anyone who encourages a substance which has "obvious" psychological effects while using their own dependence on said substance as evidence for it's safety is doing an incredible disservice to the person they are trying to help and the cause they are trying to further.

What's worse is actively invalidating the intuition of someone you don't even know because you've glorified the aforementioned substance to such an extent that it is simply impossible in your mind that it could cause anything but rainbows and lollypops to rain down from the sky and cure everyone of ignorance, greed and unhappiness.

Any pothead I know who started in his teens has noticeable psychological problems. Some are employed in high end, technical jobs. That isn't evidence that cannabis didn't do them any harm. It's only evidence that people can adapt despite the damages caused. Most are incapable of doing anything but menial jobs, despite having an IQ in the upper echelons of 150. Some have determined to quit every week for 25 years and still turn into an anti social idiot when they go more than 12 hrs without a spliff. My own experience has never been that dire. I've smoked maybe a handful of times this year and feel more "drained" after a spliff than when I take something like ecstasy. When I did it more than that, I noticed the same apathy creeping into my life. Saying it's harmless is just not true. Nothing is harmless.

Marijuana has a lot of uses. So does heroin. So do explosives. Putting any of them on a pedestal in order to justify their excessive use is stupid and ignorant imo and sets back the potential medical applications of such a substance.

If you think weed is helpful, then use it. If you think you're using it too much, you probably are. I would say that I don't think it's possible to cause yourself "permanent" damage, though - neurologically, anyway. It definitely has obvious therapeutic uses in the short term from everything I've ever read or observed, and even "toxic doses" of LSD couldn't cause any lasting damage beyond 6months...Also, I read that canabinoids can circulate for 6-12months, but I don't imagine they would cause any noticable effect on your mind?

pboy

it goes deeper than that man, youre still living in some kind of fake propaganda world. Marijuana is a great tool for people who desire something more than a life where humans, a social animal, are in a forced competitice musical chairs in an unnatural polluted environment. It re tunes the mind so where you actually look out for each other in the group, you aren't competing, and you want to be more in tune with nature. If anything, it puts you in a healthier mindset, biologically, socially, and spiritually. If you think getting an unnatural 9-5 stressful job and just accepting everything as is, competing, posturing, polluting, is normal and correct, then someone who smokes in your mind will seem like the odd one out and 'lazy' or having 'issues', but in reality they are probably healthier than you and that's why they still have the where abouts that things are way off on a grand scale. Marijuana is unique, its not a drug like...pretty much any other drug or substance, because it doesn't contain alkaloids. Every other drug works via alkaloids or related substances that are poisonous, and harm bodily systems. Marijauana doesn't harm any bodily systems and is not poisonous even in tremendous amoutns, its on par with water in terms of how little poisonous it is, if anything it might be better than drinking excess water. Its a bad thing to speak on something that you really have no clue about, you might think you do, but your looking at an EXTREMELEY narrow picture. Marijuana was first made illegal in a british or dutch African colony in the 16 or 1700's, that was the first time it was documented, and it was because the slave masters couldn't convince their workers to simply work extra hard all day for the sake of the colonizers. It made them too happy and social. You can trace it from there to british india, where they did the same things in some parts, although even they weren't that hard on it. In American, it was made illegal for business sake and to criminalize Mexican immigrants. Theres never actually been a good reason, ever, that it has been criminalized. It was used religiously and medicinally in every area where its ever been. First in West China, Turkmenistan, then into India and Iran, where it is still used today as the highest sacrament to their main God. All the Zoroastrian temples, fire temples, offered cannabis. Its listed as the #1 out of 10,000 herbs in their holy books. It then spread through the middle east and into the 'holy land' where it was then adopted promptly and used by the masses and in spiritual temples. Whereever it goes it does the same thing, people love it, use it, benefit from it, and its always revered as a godly substance. Then it made its way into Europe, where the Queen's private doctor used it on her, documented, and said 'this is one of the most valuable medicines we have'. It puts the users mindset in such an uplifted mood, you don't just say or talk about spiritual support or feeling supported by the universe, you FEEL it, which is muuuuuuuuch different. When you feel that connection, you aren't likely to be convinced to go sit in a propaganda church that says only they know and can communicate with god, and to pay them money, in an indoor building. Youre more inclined to take a walk in nature and actually experience it yourself, to watch animals, to reflect on your life and thereafter. It as well, makes it hard to convince people that being a worker bee slave in an artificial, stressful, competitive environment is actually noble, right, or necessary. But if you think it is, then that's the lense you are judging marijuana out of. Anyone who uses it or knows anything about it knows that it doesn't hurt potential in any way, in fact it greatly helps it. All of the accomplishments of ancient India, which blow away anything the west ever did for thousands of years, were done under the influence. Many of the greatest scientists and artist, writers, activists, throughout recent times have been proponents...many of them specifically citing that they probably couldn't have done as much as they did without it. Its what you want to accept life as being and how you want to live, what you think is right, that determines your view point on it. Only post industrial slave master, corpo master, religious staunch rigid people actually think theres anything wrong with it, and those are the same people who basically are responsible for most of the worlds ills...for making people unhappy, sick, polluting the environment and peoples minds. Its effects wear off after less than a day, even if you smoke a lot. It has no long term effects let alone problems, other than actually helping to restore your proper perspective of your place as a human in life...pre bull****

Slappy Hands

pboy said:
it goes deeper than that man, youre still living in some kind of fake propaganda world. Marijuana is a great tool for people who desire something more than a life where humans, a social animal, are in a forced competitice musical chairs in an unnatural polluted environment. It re tunes the mind so where you actually look out for each other in the group, you aren't competing, and you want to be more in tune with nature. If anything, it puts you in a healthier mindset, biologically, socially, and spiritually. If you think getting an unnatural 9-5 stressful job and just accepting everything as is, competing, posturing, polluting, is normal and correct, then someone who smokes in your mind will seem like the odd one out and 'lazy' or having 'issues', but in reality they are probably healthier than you and that's why they still have the where abouts that things are way off on a grand scale. Marijuana is unique, its not a drug like...pretty much any other drug or substance, because it doesn't contain alkaloids. Every other drug works via alkaloids or related substances that are poisonous, and harm bodily systems. Marijauana doesn't harm any bodily systems and is not poisonous even in tremendous amoutns, its on par with water in terms of how little poisonous it is, if anything it might be better than drinking excess water. Its a bad thing to speak on something that you really have no clue about, you might think you do, but your looking at an EXTREMELEY narrow picture. Marijuana was first made illegal in a british or dutch African colony in the 16 or 1700's, that was the first time it was documented, and it was because the slave masters couldn't convince their workers to simply work extra hard all day for the sake of the colonizers. It made them too happy and social. You can trace it from there to british india, where they did the same things in some parts, although even they weren't that hard on it. In American, it was made illegal for business sake and to criminalize Mexican immigrants. Theres never actually been a good reason, ever, that it has been criminalized. It was used religiously and medicinally in every area where its ever been. First in West China, Turkmenistan, then into India and Iran, where it is still used today as the highest sacrament to their main God. All the Zoroastrian temples, fire temples, offered cannabis. Its listed as the #1 out of 10,000 herbs in their holy books. It then spread through the middle east and into the 'holy land' where it was then adopted promptly and used by the masses and in spiritual temples. Whereever it goes it does the same thing, people love it, use it, benefit from it, and its always revered as a godly substance. Then it made its way into Europe, where the Queen's private doctor used it on her, documented, and said 'this is one of the most valuable medicines we have'. It puts the users mindset in such an uplifted mood, you don't just say or talk about spiritual support or feeling supported by the universe, you FEEL it, which is muuuuuuuuch different. When you feel that connection, you aren't likely to be convinced to go sit in a propaganda church that says only they know and can communicate with god, and to pay them money, in an indoor building. Youre more inclined to take a walk in nature and actually experience it yourself, to watch animals, to reflect on your life and thereafter. It as well, makes it hard to convince people that being a worker bee slave in an artificial, stressful, competitive environment is actually noble, right, or necessary. But if you think it is, then that's the lense you are judging marijuana out of. Anyone who uses it or knows anything about it knows that it doesn't hurt potential in any way, in fact it greatly helps it. All of the accomplishments of ancient India, which blow away anything the west ever did for thousands of years, were done under the influence. Many of the greatest scientists and artist, writers, activists, throughout recent times have been proponents...many of them specifically citing that they probably couldn't have done as much as they did without it. Its what you want to accept life as being and how you want to live, what you think is right, that determines your view point on it. Only post industrial slave master, corpo master, religious staunch rigid people actually think theres anything wrong with it, and those are the same people who basically are responsible for most of the worlds ills...for making people unhappy, sick, polluting the environment and peoples minds. Its effects wear off after less than a day, even if you smoke a lot. It has no long term effects let alone problems, other than actually helping to restore your proper perspective of your place as a human in life...pre bull****

A lot of absolutes for being so open minded?

I'll be succinct and ask, what use is wisdom without action? It's interesting that you project so much into the outside world and yet make no comments on your self, personally...though you presume to comment on me, personally. I'd say you're the one living in some fake propoganda world. You're also the architect.

I'm a proponent of drug legalization across the board, from opium to giggle pills. But I lend credence to both sides of the argument. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24633558 (the studies are in related citations)

Idealizing something because it gratifies your lifestyle does nothing to promote it to someone who already agrees with you on a fundamental level. Weed's great, in moderation. Not to sound rude, but I can infer that you're anything but a moderate user. There's nothing wrong with that, if you're happy. I'd only wonder how happy you could really be with a lifestyle that's so reliant on such a powerful, psychotropic drug? I've never encountered a chronic pot smoker who didn't use it to cover up some sort of psychological or emotional problem. Chronic pain management may be more appropriate, but who am I to judge?

pboy

i smoke occasionally, im by no means a heavy user. Ive been into herbalism and have tried the gambit of drugs, and its pretty obvious to someone whos done that that it isn't even in the same class as opium or pills. I am open minded, which is why I experiment and speak from experience, I dont just cite studies by people who have no clue, to be honest. Its incredibly rude to say people you know who smoke are covering emotional and other issues, the state of our society creates that naturally, unless you are rich and spoon fed, the way our society and mode of conducting business and everything is so out of touch with our physiology and mental ideal that naturally everyone has issues. Cannabis helps you realize that and keeps you honest, and keeps perspective proper. The herb itself is an aid to the commonly created stress of society, which almost everyone has, the competitive nature, fellow people lying and trying to extort, none of that is normal for our sensitive social minds. You wouldn't know the difference if you been living in it your whole life. I probably take in less 'drug' like substances, natural or man made, than anyone else I know and probably most people in the world...and yet I can honestly say, cannabis is still something I think would vastly help the society at large if people used it casually, its not a drug, its something unique and very deeply healing. Its hard for science people or just your basic foolish programmed person to accept that there are exceptions, anomalies, and sometimes things that are uniquely valuable as they are

T

tobieagle

I like cannabis and use it from time to time. But if I use it more than ~2 times a week I can already feel a slight change in intellectual performance and memory.
On the other hand I dont want to miss it. Its so versatile for me. Wether it is helping to fall asleep, the increase in suggestibility to connect crazy concepts, or the awesome ability to travel back in time and get this intense authentic feeling of this particular "era". It all depends on strain, dosage and method of consumption. Nothing else can achieve this in my experience. So I can sympathise with pboy. But I am pretty sure that there is a negative side to it, especially if you smoke it.

Edit: To address pboy's point about the influence of society:

I think thats one of the biggest flaws of most people in the "peat-community".
They try to use their money to fine tune their diet and buy fancy supplements to offset the negative influence of a life in this ****88 up society. But this approach is futile. We would have to work on the bottleneck but we all dont want to, because we know its very hard ;)

Slappy Hands

pboy said:
i smoke occasionally, im by no means a heavy user.

My inference was incumbent on another quote I'd read:

pboy said:
ive smoked for the past 7 years, during any and every endeavor.

Forgive the presumption.

Ive been into herbalism and have tried the gambit of drugs, and its pretty obvious to someone whos done that that it isn't even in the same class as opium or pills. I am open minded, which is why I experiment and speak from experience, I dont just cite studies by people who have no clue, to be honest.

Disregarding scientific studies that contradict what you've stated and basing your argument on the premise that the scientists performing the experiments don't have a clue is very strange. I could offer you a thousand different studies that support the medicinal benefit of marijuana, but I suspect you would hold these up for all to see. What's the difference? DO you really think this is open minded?

Its incredibly rude to say people you know who smoke are covering emotional and other issues, the state of our society creates that naturally, unless you are rich and spoon fed, the way our society and mode of conducting business and everything is so out of touch with our physiology and mental ideal that naturally everyone has issues.

Is it rude? "The state of our society" is a reflection of the people who perpetuate it, of which you, I, and drug addicts are all apart of. It's the proverbial chicken or the egg debate, now. I'm surprised that comment is considered inappropriate. I was speaking from personal experience and yet you're treating it like a personal critique. By your own logic I am simply stating the obvious - that a society of sick individuals will cope one way or another. I am reading more of your posts out of curiosity...

pboy said:
maybe idiots are just idiots, regardless of what they consume...im beginning to think this is the case. Maybe those who are institutionally programmed, will always be. No wonder the world is the way it is, id say a good 90% of people are so weak and gullible and lack courage, that they are fodder for being programmed and semi enslaved...with ease on the part of the manevolant ones. Its actually hysterical for someone like me...like if I had opposite intentions, I could control people like a marionette...based on how I see their minds work...or how they don't work

Is this not the exact same thing? You're stating personal opinion that essentially condemns 90% of the world as brain dead idiots, yet for me to suggest that drug addicts are trying to cope with emotional trauma by abusing mind altering substances is rude? I think you are unnecessarily defensive. The majority of my friends are drug users. I'm a drug user. I simply think it's naive to think that someone who derives short term pleasure at the cost of long term penalty (alcoholic, drug addict etc) is not compensating for something. Addiction and dependence are fundamentally pathological in nature, aren't they?

Cannabis helps you realize that and keeps you honest, and keeps perspective proper. The herb itself is an aid to the commonly created stress of society, which almost everyone has, the competitive nature, fellow people lying and trying to extort, none of that is normal for our sensitive social minds. You wouldn't know the difference if you been living in it your whole life. I probably take in less 'drug' like substances, natural or man made, than anyone else I know and probably most people in the world...

I'm glad for you. You're certainly doing better than I am in that case. My drugs of choice are caffeine and aspirin, currently.

and yet I can honestly say, cannabis is still something I think would vastly help the society at large if people used it casually, its not a drug, its something unique and very deeply healing. Its hard for science people or just your basic foolish programmed person to accept that there are exceptions, anomalies, and sometimes things that are uniquely valuable as they are

Does that logic apply to cannabis? That is, anomalies etc that don't fall in line with the "deeply healing" properties, or is it exempt? I ask because you essentially said it doesn't in your earlier reply, when you told the OP that cannabis was not the cause of his trouble, and which prompted me to reply in the first place.

I do agree though, that legalizing all drugs, sex and practically every carnal activity would greatly benefit society. Prohibition never works and exhausts any system that tries to use itself against itself. If you tell someone not to think of purple elephants etc...haha

To say it's not a drug, though...well...this makes me question whether your perspective is as based in reality as you claim?

@tobieeagle

I agree. Listening to music, writing, dancing, or being outside in good company appears more "meaningful" when high. My problem with cannabis is that it appears to be innocuous which makes it dangerous for persons prone to dependence. It encourages complacency, I think. People would rather get high and enjoy the experience than simply enjoy the experience for what it is. When someone then says that the psychoactive experience is somehow more real than the other, that's when I think problems arise.

I'd also reiterate to the OP that the more you worry about something, the more likely it is to impact you. Maybe you notice some realitve detriment from your drug use, but from another perspective, it has simply altered your point of view and made you more aware of your own intelligence and abilities. Despite any studies I posted, correlation does not equal causation and it has been proven that simply things like focused awareness/mindfulness practice can have incredible impact on the brains white/grey matter - so maybe look into meditation. It's been proven to rewire neuronal pathways and improve memory/higher cognitive functioning, and is as simply as paying attention to your breath, recognizing when you lose focus, then reapplying focus.

pboy

I mean its not like other drugs, where addicts become burnouts and lose their health. It is different in action than other studied plant or man made drugs in that it is non toxic. The fact we even have to justify it as 'maybe medicinal' and run studies is kind of silly because it was only made illegal in the first place for false reasons...but yes im glad that most studies are concluding benefit rather than harm. Theres still that stigma though that people carry from their drug talks and classes in school that loops it in with alcohol, and other drugs that people are addicts, burnouts, lose their memory and all that. It doesn't even have that potential. But if for one reason or another, of which theres many, people are not as optimal in their late 20's as they were when they were younger, if they happened to use marijuana, because of what they were told in school, they'll attribute it as being a culprit...and it then prevents them from looking at or considering other things. If people feel worse without it then with it sometimes, perhaps its actually something they need and that's why, not that it damaged them in some way or caused them to be an addict.
When Im around loving vibes, like people who get along, doing something fun, outdoors...I don't have the desire to smoke...it might make it better, but it isn't something that I think about. Its those times Ive worked a whole week, come home alone, traffic, no love in the work place, all the news and billboards full of non loving advertising, jabs, fear, ect...I look around and see no trees, no nature, just ugly pollution and the air is full of chemicals. That's when I desire to smoke, because it takes my soul back to the state it should be in in a healthy normal situation. So you then realize that many many people are probably in that situation, and the more you are tuned into the loving vibe, the more likely you are to question whats going on at large and whats going on. It also drastically keeps you from getting sick because it takes mind of stress and into a loving state. I guess we just differ on the fact that people lump it in with drugs when its not that, it is in fact an anomaly which is what I was referring to. Theres really no other plant that has such a profound benefit, any other drug or plant that has any kind of action works through alkaloids and other related molecules that change the bodies physiology in a big way, mess with transmittors, and can kill you, but cannabis has a unique class of molecules that it works through that don't do any of those things. I didn't invent that that's how it is, its just how it is...and Im sensitive enough and intelligent enough to recognize it and get benefit from it. I mean people go to jail and get fined and kept out of jobs for using it...its not like that at all, that reeks of something totally prejudice and wrong, and yea...finally people in the US are waking up but most of the older generations and people making decisions in govt still live in the religious refer madness days, unfortunately. Im kind of tired of having this type of conversation though, because the very nature or arguing is against how I want to be...isn't that strange, its like cannabis causing paranoia...its actually anti paranoia in action, but because its illegal and people feel like parents, authorities, govt, ect will get them in trouble or look down on them if they use it, it makes them paranoid. Its opposed to what cannabis is even about to argue about it

burtlancast

Slappy Hands said:
I do agree though, that legalizing all drugs, sex and practically every carnal activity would greatly benefit society.

Why do i smell a strawman argument ?

burtlancast

Slappy Hands said:
My problem with cannabis is that it appears to be innocuous which makes it dangerous for persons prone to dependence.

This has been Big Pharma's catch argument ever since cannabis was outlawed, and allowed those persons to fell prey to the evil lies of the medical profession.

Those who lost their livelihoods, sanity and lives to these poisons could only wish to have found cannabis in their difficult times; they will never be here to bear witness to this alternative, since most ended up in the empty streets, hospitals or morgues.

Slappy Hands

burtlancast said:
Slappy Hands said:
I do agree though, that legalizing all drugs, sex and practically every carnal activity would greatly benefit society.

Why do i smell a strawman argument ?

It's interesting that you quote this, then omit the logic that proceeds it. My only reason for commenting in this thread was that someone was glorifying cannabis and telling the OP that there was no way it could cause problems like he described.

This has been Big Pharma's catch argument ever since cannabis was outlawed, and allowed those persons to fell prey to the evil lies of the medical profession.

Those who lost their livelihoods, sanity and lives to these poisons could only wish to have found cannabis in their difficult times; they will never be here to bear witness to this alternative, since most ended up in the empty streets, hospitals or morgues.

It's also interesting that cannabis is either considered entirely evil, or utterly benign. It truly is unique in this universe.

(that's a strawman argument)

Though I don't understand what it had to do with my opinion on the dangers of substance abuse, or what poisons you're talking about? Pboy himself has stated that cannabis lets you "see things the way they really are" and yet uses it as a form of escapism when the way things are become intolerable. It's understandable, but I think it's dangerous, too, when one needs to alter reality in order to convince themselves that they are handling it better than someone who drinks alcohol, or sleeps around, or compulsively spends money. They all achieve the same thing. They make the grey world a bit brighter for a few hours.

Seems like this is going OT. There's nothing to convince me of. I'm fairly sure I agree with everything either of you have to say, except that cannabis is an infallible miracle drug that can do no harm. That just seems arrogant, as I'm sure my perspective may seem to you.

You know why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8AuMOGx_KY

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals