Marble-sized cyst in cheek. 2 years now, gets smaller if I rub it - why?

HeyThere

Doctors are pathetic. I went in and they had a whole table set up for a procedure which I wasn't expecting, I thought they were just going to assess the situation.

So, I'm sitting there while he looks at the inside of my cheek and he says "I don't see it" and basically that was it. I look at him incredulously and point to where it is and tell him to FEEL for it so he can FEEL the marble (is this guy really a doctor?? I mean WTF!). He then immediately finds it. I mean... this is why I do not go to the doctor LOL. I must have in my files by now that I am a troublemaker or maybe a "hypochondriac" even though it's their issue they don't believe black mold is dangerous "Saying it's dangerous was created by lawyers, it's not dangerous", "there is no such thing as candida", going in for everything BUT lower back pain, even JOKED with that other doctor that most people have lower back pain but I have pain everywhere else in my back and then sent home with exercises for... lower back pain, also previously went in for same overall back pain with another doctor years before and the doctor only talked about HIS family the whole time and cut me off when I wanted to talk.... I mean, you can't make this stuff up!! Yes, I filed a grievance on both of those last 2 doctors' situations using their kaiser permanente grievance form, but it was ignored, and on and on. Pure insanity, and evil to the core to gaslight patients like that.

Anyways, I digress, and could go on... back to the cyst! LOL...

So, when I take my hand and rub the cyst back and forth against my teeth for about 30 seconds, it will shrink by 2/3, maybe close to half. Why is this? It is located 1/2 way between the center of the front teeth and the back teeth... like, aligned with the edge of my eye closest to my ear. It goes back to the original size within minutes though.

Any thoughts? Oh, the reason he didn't remove the cyst is because he suggested against it since whenever I go to the dentist it sometimes takes me 2-3 months for the Novocaine to fully wear off, and he was also worried I might be permanently numb in that cheek area.

In retrospect, the fact that he couldn't find a MARBLE SIZED CYST even though I pointed to where it was (WTF!? Good Lord!) I'm glad I didn't let this buffoon do the procedure.

Last edited:

peateats1

I had a cyst develop on my chin after having sibo for several years, and a bad cavity tooth. Once I got the tooth pulled, within probably a week or so, the cyst was gone. So in my experience, bacteria have been the cause of cysts, but it might be a different cause in your situation.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

I had a cyst develop on my chin after having sibo for several years, and a bad cavity tooth. Once I got the tooth pulled, within probably a week or so, the cyst was gone. So in my experience, bacteria have been the cause of cysts, but it might be a different cause in your situation.

Interesting. Thanks for your input.. I don't think this is my reason though. It really came out of nowhere, too!

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

B

Blaze

Doctors are pathetic. I went in and they had a whole table set up for a procedure which I wasn't expecting, I thought they were just going to assess the situation.

So, I'm sitting there while he looks at the inside of my cheek and he says "I don't see it" and basically that was it. I look at him incredulously and point to where it is and tell him to FEEL for it so he can FEEL the marble (is this guy really a doctor?? I mean WTF!). He then immediately finds it. I mean... this is why I do not go to the doctor LOL. I must have in my files by now that I am a troublemaker or maybe a "hypochondriac" even though it's their issue they don't believe black mold is dangerous "Saying it's dangerous was created by lawyers, it's not dangerous", "there is no such thing as candida", going in for everything BUT lower back pain, even JOKED with that other doctor that most people have lower back pain but I have pain everywhere else in my back and then sent home with exercises for... lower back pain, also previously went in for same overall back pain with another doctor years before and the doctor only talked about HIS family the whole time and cut me off when I wanted to talk.... I mean, you can't make this stuff up!! Yes, I filed a grievance on both of those last 2 doctors' situations using their kaiser permanente grievance form, but it was ignored, and on and on. Pure insanity, and evil to the core to gaslight patients like that.

Anyways, I digress, and could go on... back to the cyst! LOL...

So, when I take my hand and rub the cyst back and forth against my teeth for about 30 seconds, it will shrink by 2/3, maybe close to half. Why is this? It is located 1/2 way between the center of the front teeth and the back teeth... like, aligned with the edge of my eye closest to my ear. It goes back to the original size within minutes though.

Any thoughts? Oh, the reason he didn't remove the cyst is because he suggested against it since whenever I go to the dentist it sometimes takes me 2-3 months for the Novocaine to fully wear off, and he was also worried I might be permanently numb in that cheek area.

In retrospect, the fact that he couldn't find a MARBLE SIZED CYST even though I pointed to where it was (WTF!? Good Lord!) I'm glad I didn't let this buffoon do the procedure.
When you rub it fluid leaves the cyst, then shortly after the fluid balance returns to the sac. Most cysts are completely non cancerous so I would not assume you are in any danger from it.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

When you rub it fluid leaves the cyst, then shortly after the fluid balance returns to the sac. Most cysts are completely non cancerous so I would not assume you are in any danger from it.

Exactly, but where does the fluid go?

B

Blaze

Exactly, but where does the fluid go?
Extracellular fluid body can flow to nearby tissues/structures when force is applied. The fluid balance will be restored after the force is no longer applied. It will always seek to balance out a higher and lower fluid concentration in the same vicinity and equalize them. So, fluid flows until the pressure or concentrations are equal.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Extracellular fluid body can flow to nearby tissues/structures when force is applied. The fluid balance will be restored after the force is no longer applied. It will always seek to balance out a higher and lower fluid concentration in the same vicinity and equalize them. So, fluid flows until the pressure or concentrations are equal.

Ok, so the cyst is a harder mass in the middle that can't be "rubbed away".

I think it's lymphatic fluid that gets pushed into the local lymph nodes. Opening up the lymph nodes around the entire body might help.

Some relevant information I came across recently:

B

Blaze

Ok, so the cyst is a harder mass in the middle that can't be "rubbed away".
The word cyst just means sac. There are many types of cysts, so to answer you with good info, your Doctor would have to determine exactly which type you have. You could easily educate yourself on cysts with a simple google search or better yet , type in cyst wikipedia. Cysts can be filled with a variety of things, feel semi hard or soft, but it is often just filled with liquid, mucous or pus.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

The word cyst just means sac. There are many types of cysts, so to answer you with good info, your Doctor would have to determine exactly which type you have. You could easily educate yourself on cysts with a simple google search or better yet , type in cyst wikipedia. Cysts can be filled with a variety of things, feel semi hard or soft, but it is often just filled with liquid, mucous or pus.

"Left cheek: mobile non tender submucosal lesion about 1 cm in diameter anterior to the left Stensen's duct consistent with a mucoid cyst".

My simple question was why I can rub it to go down in size in the 1st place is all. No need to get all worked up. The "Doctor" couldn't even find it so... not taking his findings as gold.

B

Blaze

"Left cheek: mobile non tender submucosal lesion about 1 cm in diameter anterior to the left Stensen's duct consistent with a mucoid cyst".

My simple question was why I can rub it to go down in size in the 1st place is all. No need to get all worked up. The "Doctor" couldn't even find it so... not taking his findings as gold.
Wasn't worked up and I was glad to respond to your question. My sincere apologies if it somehow came across to you that way. Just wanted to encourage you to look it up on google since you and I are lucky enough to be alive in an age where information is so readily available. Be well my friend. Sorry again if the way I phrased things seemed unappealing. Wasn't my intention

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Wasn't worked up and I was glad to respond to your question. My sincere apologies if it somehow came across to you that way. Just wanted to encourage you to look it up on google since you and I are lucky enough to be alive in an age where information is so readily available. Be well my friend. Sorry again if the way I phrased things seemed unappealing. Wasn't my intention

I appreciate that, thank you.

Trust me, I have been Googling health things for 30 yrs straight (how else would I learn about my Salicylate Sensitivity that has crippled my life), but the internet only goes so far sometimes, and forums such as this can really harbor some intelligent insight sometimes :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals