Maple Syrup. Manganese!

Primal2Peat

Through Cronometer, I noticed that the only mineral my diet was lacking was manganese. I was trying to figure out how to get more of it in my diet, and I discovered that maple syrup is a great source.

I think I will start having maple syrup with my raw liver. (with coffee, gelatin, milk, & honey)

How can you beat that?

key

other good sources of maganese:
chocolate
bananas/banana chips

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oysters are also very high in manganese.

OP
P

Primal2Peat

Maple Syrup just blows all of those foods out of the water though, in regards to manganese.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... #foodchart

Also, I don't think bananas are too good Peat-wise, are they?

I know they're too starchy for me at least.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

I only eat oysters when I'm at restaurants.

I have good sources for liver, so I just eat a lot of that and with maple syrup it's so freakin' good.

Birdie

Primal2Peat said:
Maple Syrup just blows all of those foods out of the water though, in regards to manganese.

I have good sources for liver, so I just eat a lot of that and with maple syrup it's so freakin' good.

Yes, Ray warns that bananas are not safe, highly industrialized.

I use maple syrup. That said, Ray does warn that a lot of people react badly to impurities in it. I've never heard him say to use maple syrup for manganese. Sometimes a food with high nutrients, is rejected for other reasons that outweigh the nutrient benefits.

He does recommend oysters once a month.
I used to just eat them just at restaurants too. Then, I found a good source where I live, for fresh ones, but :( I've developed an allergy, probably to all shellfish.

OP
P

Primal2Peat

Birdie said:
Primal2Peat said:

I use maple syrup. That said, Ray does warn that a lot of people react badly to impurities in it. I've never heard him say to use maple syrup for manganese. Sometimes a food with high nutrients, is rejected for other reasons that outweigh the nutrient benefits.

I used to just eat them just at restaurants too. Then, I found a good source where I live, for fresh ones, but :( I've developed an allergy, probably to all shellfish.

Dang, that stinks, Birdie. What are the symptoms of your shellfish allergies?

Oysters have sometimes given me diarrhea.

I love lobster and crab, and it's pretty much my go to for restaurant foods.

After looking at the processing of maple syrup, I am going to proceed with caution. I don't like the fact that it is boiled.

One could call it an actual mineral supplement rather than a food.

Sometimes there are fine lines between our "foods" and "supplements."

Dutchie

I have another question regarding Maple Syrup. It's quite expensive over here and you can get it in 2 varieties,one in a bottle (non-see through) and in a regular glass see-through bottle both Grade-C . Now,I once heard someone talk about that the best is the non see-through bottle,also most expensive one, just don't precisely know anymore why. I thought it had something to do with the regular glass bottle&ligth exposure affecting the minerals or something....

Does anyone know some more about that?

pboy

I think the mineral content is pretty much the same for all grades maple syrup...generally the higher the grade the higher free glucose => fructose ratio (fractions of a %), though its pretty
much all sucrose either way. Im not sure...cant remember why, but I think I read grade a dark amber is the best (it tastes the best to me also), even better than the most expensive (fancy), and better than medium amber or grade B. Maple syrup is high in zinc also....which is more of why I consider it beneficial. I'm still wondering why Peat doesn't recommend maple syrup over cane sugar.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/5602/2 It provides about the same of everything as cane sugar, plus manganese, zinc, a little potassium and calcium, and copper(though almost negligible). Could the small amount of iron be why Peat wouldn't recommend it? Its such a small amount I would doubt that would be the only reason

nwo2012

It is because of the toxic impurities created in the heating I believe. (why he doesnt recommend it).
He told me to avoid it. I would stick with the cacao if you can't tolerate oysters.

burtlancast

Whatever you chose, never go for manganese supplements....

Russel Blaylock:
These people are destroying their nervous system, and I talked to a lot of them who complained of severe migraine headaches. I said, "Get off the soy," and they do, and that migraine headache goes away. In addition, you have very high manganese levels, which is toxic to the very same part of the brain that produces Parkinson's. You've got a mixture of toxins with soy products, and the people think they are eating a healthy, nutritious product. It's destroying their nervous system, as well as other organs.

http://www.naturalnews.com/020550_excitotoxins_MSG.html

TheHound

bump. does anybody consume lots of maple syrup? I've been eating it by the tablespoon lately it's so good. I'm in Canada so I have a nice supply of good quality stuff

Peater Piper

I like maple syrup in my coffee, and yeah, I'll do a straight shot of the syrup from time to time. I ate it by the bowl full as a kid.

moringa

Through Cronometer, I noticed that the only mineral my diet was lacking was manganese. I was trying to figure out how to get more of it in my diet, and I discovered that maple syrup is a great source.

I think I will start having maple syrup with my raw liver. (with coffee, gelatin, milk, & honey)

How can you beat that?

what is a ''Cronometer''?

Jsaute21

If one uses good quality maple syrup such as "Roth's" or other high quality manufacturers i suspect there are no impurities?

churchmouth

I do wonder what these impurities are. I find maple syrup the most dense sugar I can consume freely.. so tasty.

Arnold Grape

Agreed - Maple Syrup just feels right and is easily added to milk or coffee. I have noticed that bm is more regulated and hair feels softer when consuming. Two ‘s.