Many psychiatric drugs are useless, cause learned helplessness

haidut

Forum Supporter
The article starts with focusing on anti-psychotic drugs but then switches to criticize virtually all psychiatric drugs. This "news" is tot really surprising given that most of these drugs work by reducing dopamine. As Peat said, the current mental health drug line came out of propaganda from the 1960s, which stated that LSD makes you crazy with its dopaminergic effects, so serotonin must be able to calm you down and make you compliant.
What I find disturbing is that the most prescribed demographic target are children (with or without ADHD). Even more disturbing is the fact that people are being pressured by medical staff through using guilt/shaming into self-imposing a state of learned helplessness. It seems a psychiatrist may actually be actively working against you to undermine your mental health by manipulating you into accepting a poison for life.
Finally, apparently there is a well-documented connection between mental "health" drugs and violent crime, and government officials are aware of it, yet nothing is done.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/it ... like-state

"...A recent MedicalXpress.com article highlights startling research on the serious side effects of antipsychotic medications. In addition, many of the medications are failing to relieve the symptoms for which they were prescribed."

"..."The issue here is the extent to which people with a mental illness have been conditioned into accepting the disabling effects of psychotropic medications without protest," Professor Morrison explains, adding, The ability of mental health staff to forestall protest arises from the guilt communities thrust upon the sufferer. Without this guilt and shame, would mental health consumers and their loved ones be so ready to accept that a life of zombie-like consciousness and physical discomfort is preferable to hearing voices, or would they be demanding more intensive efforts to develop "cleaner" medications?"

"...According to CCHRINT, there is abundant evidence proving a connection between psychotropic medications and violent crimes, and government officials are well aware of the connection."

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-02-a ... state.html

"..."The proportion that experiences a disturbing side-effect has been estimated at between 50 and 70 per cent, and participants in our study reported on average between six and seven medication side-effects. "It is difficult for an outsider to appreciate what this means to individual consumers, and how it impacts on their self-image and ability to cope." Side-effects can include Parkinsonism, akathisia (restlessness) and tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movements), as well as weight gain, hypersomnia, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, constipation and dizziness. The most profound side-effect is extreme fatigue, which leaves many in a 'zombie state'. Disturbingly, researchers found participants often exhibited 'a culture of hopelessness' where acceptance was dominant, which they warn can destroy an individual's will to recover."

Last edited:

tara

Yes, the so-called 'mental health' system has other functions than health. I too find the high rate of prescriptions, esp. to children, alarming. 'Spare the drug/poison and spoil the child'? Setting young people up with learned helplessness may be necessary for some societies to keep (mal)functioning the way they do.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I am using 2 atypical anti-psychotics at the moment. They gave me my life back, but we're talking an entirely different caliber of side effects. I've felt the effects of the old psychotropics - the dystonic movements, tremoring, stammering of speech and the feeling of weighted eyelids. The akathisia is the worst side effect by far. Akathisia so unbearable you can't sit or stand or lay down without moving your limbs. You feel a rumbling tension course down the back of your leg, deep in the tissue. You bounce your leg and rock your torso back and forth to ease the tension, but that's not enough. You have to pace the room but even that's no good without jiggling your limbs at the same time. You lay down because you're sedated and exhausted and think "I'll fall asleep really fast" but as soon as you do you have to stand up again and keep pacing. There's no rest at all, for hours, and depending on dose perhaps around the clock. My heart aches knowing there are patients right now, in hospital wards, experiencing this kind of treatment.

pboy

im thinking the only real 'anti depressant' is like...amphetamine type things like Adderall or just powerful stimulants, and good nutrition. If you think about depression as a force depressing you, taking things that just sedate or slow you down is like the opposite of what you want. The doctors make it seem like its an internal condition that's the cause of 'depression' as if its like a sickness, which is incredibly wrong and offensive. Really its a simple thing...society is structured in a way...you can think of school as a great analogy. It takes a person staying afloat and doing good every day nearly of the year, to keep up with the pace of life, if you stopped doing homework or start things late, or don't pay attention, or whatever it is, its like a snowball effect, and its nearly irrecoverable, and then you have a worse 'record' that then prevents you from flowing with the pace of life, its like suddenly you aren't worthy of society then unless you are doing a job of basically menial service or cleaning up after people. Some kids in school had huge advantages over others, from who their parents are, living situation, money and resources, ect, its like that in life...and then those people never have any reference for what its like to not be in a fortunate situation, they don't necessarily realize that they are, they become doctor and cant conceive of what the problem with other people is. Someone else might have had a broken home or something, couldn't concentrate in class, didn't have resources, had a worse diet and more stress, so then they keep getting 'behind' and then because of bad 'records', its like society then, rather than being something open and fun to interact in and explore, is like a scary weight you must fight in, pray you get chances, and generally get turned down a lot and are made to be filtered into doing something menial.

Basically depression is a problem created by society, and due to its structure, there will inevitable be some people doing the junk stuff, who then basically are going to be depressed. Depressions is just a state of lack of freedom, because, usually, lack of money and opportunity, or time sometimes. Obviously bad nutrition creates a heavy feeling but that's different than being depressed (trapped by no outlets, worthy opportunities pursuable by the person then and now). Theres other reasons too someone could be come depressed, if they have too much burden and responsibility. The point im trying to make is that its not an inner chemical/personality issue, everyone wants to thrive, its just a state of someones immediate life and opportunities...really your 'resume' and 'record' determines if you're depressed or not, and wallet and/or rich family

for sure some people aren't wise and would continually find themselves back in a depressed state just from being wasteful and irresponsible, but theres a ton of people out there who literally have just started with a bad hand and never got really a chance or opportunity that's worthy or ever didn't have to struggle for basic things

its ultimately a societal structure issue, and those with the power and worker bees under them are probably not gonna be enthusiastic about changing. The school system I wanna say is a major problem, but also its really just the whole engrained culture. I propose that when people hire for jobs or determine things like that, there should be no record requirements other than like felony record, but no degree, no school this or that, there should be skill tests that determine things, and your perception of the person in person. Everything now is run by like fakeness to be real, like you show your portfolio , wearing a suit, with a fake smile and clean shave gelled hair...its stupid as hell, like really all men should be ashamed at the complete piece of crap of a system we are operating...I know we didn't create it, us alive now, but still...like if men just talked to eachother naturally, and had philosophical discussions, we could come up with something a million times better and honorable then the system, culture really, that is happening now

the whole pretensive fake garbage has to go, in all levels in all things. Imagine how anti depressing it would be to be able to just go into society and everyone was comfortable, real...that alone would fix like everything

answersfound

I can't believe any man would be willing to accept sexual dysfunction as a side effect. lol....pure insanity

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
answersfound said:
I can't believe any man would be willing to accept sexual dysfunction as a side effect. lol....pure insanity

In some professions you may not have a choice. Being in the military or medical services, you agree to get treated or you can get fired.

lexis

I assume here knows the real intentions behind the 'war on drugs'

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals