Many people may suffer from chronic serotonin syndrome

yerrag

Just wake up frequently. Haven't quantified it.
If I were to work on it, I'd look into excess serotonin from gut issues that are latent, and into blood sugar issues, in order of likelihood.

If you have frequent bowel movement, is it possible it is a sign of high serotonin? Bowel movement that is driven by peristalsis (autonomic control of intestinal muscles) instead of serotonin is what I consider healthy. Ray says good thyroid and having good magnesium stores contributes to peristalsis.

Perry Staltic

I did not know this. In this CDC study one of the highest risk factors for death from covid was anxiety and fear-related disorders. First I've heard of this, but it was to be expected based on the likelihood of there being large numbers of people in the US in a chronic state of low-grade serotonin toxicity via SSRI/SNRIs and serotonergic pharmaceutical/OTC drugs, who are then pushed over the edge into full blown serotonin poisoning in hospitals that treat with a large array of serotonergic drugs.

Among 4,899,447 hospitalized adults in PHD-SR, 540,667 (11.0%) were patients with COVID-19, of whom 94.9% had at least 1 underlying medical condition. Essential hypertension (50.4%), disorders of lipid metabolism (49.4%), and obesity (33.0%) were the most common. The strongest risk factors for death were obesity (adjusted risk ratio [aRR] = 1.30; 95% CI, 1.27–1.33), anxiety and fear-related disorders (aRR = 1.28; 95% CI, 1.25–1.31), and diabetes with complication...

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

First linked article mentions MB as a serotonergic agent. I wonder the daily dose required to obtain this effect.

Probably higher than you would take. The problem that can arise though is when it is used in combo with other serotonergic agents.

Donnea

I considered trying benadryl after hearing you talk about it being an alternative to cyproheptadine but in the UK none of the benadryl 's available in shops that I can see are diphenhydramine which I think is the drug you were talking about specifically. There is however Acrivastine & cetirizine hydrochloride, do you know if either of these would be effective at lowering serotonin? @haidut
I can't remember the name now, but when I lived in the UK, I also found that the benadryl was different, but there was an over the counter sleep aid that had diphenhydramine as the active ingredients. So maybe check the sleep aids.

Jon2547

I'm taking probably 3 grams of vitamin C each morning mixed in water with 3 or 4 mg of MB. And then a few minutes later having probably 2 grams of Lysine. Been doing this for a couple of months. My anxiety is down. When can I expect to start having morning woodies? Or afternoon -- or any time?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals