Many people feel positive emotions in their organ nerve...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said:
“Many people feel positive emotions in their organ nerve centers, for example the heart plexus and the solar plexus. The good feelings go with good functions. When the nerves cringe because of the presence of authoritarians, the nerve supply to the organs is impaired. Thinking of the offensive person is enough to do it. Food, activity, and feelings about your surroundings go together, and it’s important to listen to your viscera, to really participate in constructive living.”

Ray-Z

Re: Many people feel positive emotions in their organ nerve.

Great quote, and a welcome reminder that our bodies are constantly providing useful information to us about our diet and environment...if we'll only listen. :mrgreen:

Swandattur

A little after starting to eat more in a more Ray Peat fashion, I noticed strong reactions in my solar plexus when thinking about school related authoritarianism. It's been a long time since I was in school, too. It just goes to show how traumatic these things really are. Maybe we just get used to ignoring these physical reactions since we cannot avoid the disturbing situations. Probably with continued exposure cortisol levels just stay up there in our body's efforts to help us cope. I wonder if there are ways of coping that are less detrimental. Maybe there would be some sort of mental training that could help one to cope without cortisol. I guess a Ray Peat diet and other measures would help. It would be funny, if at school, kids would get out their paper bags and start breathing into them.

4peatssake

Swandattur said:
It would be funny, if at school, kids would get out their paper bags and start breathing into them.

Just like Sheldon!

post-11442-Sheldon-breathing-in-a-paper-b-17Kp.gif

DMF

I wish I could feel positive in those area these days. Yes, we need to be around others who radiate optimism, good cheer. It's contagious, down to our very own electromagnetic fields.

Swandattur

That is funny with Sheldon! I know I am very affected by other people's emotion.