Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Manganese Speeds Up Honey Bees - Low Dose Mn Increases DA In Bees

Discussion in 'Articles & Scientific Studies' started by paymanz, Jul 2, 2016.

1. paymanz

paymanz Member

Manganese speeds up honey bees | The Source | Washington University in St. Louis

Negative impact of manganese on honeybee foraging

2. Peater Piper

Peater Piper Member

Huh. I've suspected most people are manganese deficient. It's critical for insulin signaling and is probably depleted faster by a high carbohydrate diet. The tolerable upper limit would be very hard to reach with food unless consuming copious amounts of pineapple, but maybe the upper limit is set too high?

3. Ras

Ras Member

4. OP
    paymanz

paymanz Member

i dont think the upper limit is too high!
    the upper limit is not that accurate they havent spend much on this subject.its more on workers of Mn mines and inhaled dust.the absorption rate of Mn is very low.specially phytate affects it a lot.some studies on human show minimum requirement for positive balance is 3.5 mg.while some of us hardly reach daily value of 2mg.and also people rely on whole grain and nuts as a source but as i said manganese is one of the most sensitive minerals to phytates.unlike copper which have low tendency to bind phytates.

5. thyrulian

thyrulian Member

Interesting, thanks!

6. thyrulian

thyrulian Member

Cool, I'm ready for my honey-maple-vanilla milk-coffee!

7. JackHanma

JackHanma Member

Manganese

"In one set of studies, supplemental calcium (500 mg/day) slightly decreased manganese bioavailability in healthy adults. As a source of calcium, milk had the least effect, while calcium carbonate and calcium phosphate had the greatest effect"

Eggshell powder regular usage then would greatly decrease biovailability of manganese. Phosphorous found in meats is touted to do the same. A Peat diet that is especially high in calcium would then lower it even more. Magnesium apparently inhibits some of its absorption too.

I have also read that sweating greatly decrease manganese.

Ginger powder is a simple, great source. A root, that is anti-serotonin and 5 grams contains 70% of your daily manganese.

8. Liubo

Liubo Member

Think the upper limit is 11 mg when you start to see side effects of Mn. Although some people online report taking like 50 mg every few days or maybe every day and not having problems. I wouldn't do it though.

Most people probably are deficient in manganese. One website said that an adult woman needs 1.3 mg a day, then later said that a human loses about 4 mg a day and should get that same amount through food for their health. It's like, which is it! About 4 or 5 mg is probably good for most people but federal guidelines will not tell you that.

Ooh cool everything is center aligned now.