Manganese Foods For Dog

R J

hi all
I need to make up some manganese in dog diet. I see highest sources are fur and feathers but unfortunately not easy to find a locally available raw dog food that had these incorporated.

I’m giving her steel cut oats with blueberries, it has a decent quantity but I’m not convinced its best to feed her so much oatmeal. I can tell she doesn’t really like it.

Might have to use a supplement for awhile but maybe someone has some ideas.

J

james2388

Second the beef liver..... oats, blueberries, maple syrup ---- this is not dog food...

Is a high end dog food not enough? How did your dog tell you that they need more manganese in their diet? Did you get blood tests on your dog? How do you know it's manganese and not something else?

OP
R J

R J

Second the beef liver..... oats, blueberries, maple syrup ---- this is not dog food...

Is a high end dog food not enough? How did your dog tell you that they need more manganese in their diet? Did you get blood tests on your dog? How do you know it's manganese and not something else?

James, you’ve got a slight condescending way of replying to my posts (second one) and you aren’t offering me anything helpful. Instead of making assumptions of what users here do or do not know, it’s better to give the benefit of the doubt as far as intentions go. It’s far more polite.

I’m putting you on my ignore list now, I’ll eventually clear it but I don’t want to hear anymore from you for awhile.

OP
R J

R J

Liver isnt bad but it throws off the other nutrient balance a little. I am going with a serving of green tripe a day to cover the manganese. It also has a balanced c:p ratio as well as a good source of glycine.
beef liver?

OP
R J

R J

if the dogs gets some sugar or carbohydrates that wouldnt be the worst thing

I give my dog ample carbohydrates. Many people will say it’s wrong including vets but they can never explain why. Anyways, dog food industry is a joke, look at vet approved foods. Last one I checked out had aluminate salts in it. Tons of vegetable oil. Sold right at the vet’s office.

My 75lb dog gets a couple tablespoons of white sugar a day plus decent servings of white rice and fruits and sometimes potatoes, all well cooked. She gets raw organs and meats, eggs and ground shells, some milk and cheese, lots of gelatin and bones when she wants. Whenever I get a pint of good vanilla ice cream I share with her. She eats good. The reason I am looking for manganese foods is because I notice it’s one mineral a little low relative to the others and it was recommended for a specific issue she had (CCL injury).