Man With Male Pattern Baldness Regrows Hair With Methylene Blue

Okay then I'm not saying you should try the 100-200mg MB dosage. But i'm also not not saying you should try it.

That probably gets you a concentration in the scalp that is close to what you achieve with topical application...

Elephanto

Nitric oxide can be the biggest factor causing male pattern baldness for someone, so this isn't surprising. Anything restricting angiogenesis will infer with the process of mpb.

From personal experience, I think something like 23mg is enough to have a beneficial effect. I was told my hair looked particularly dark when I used this dose 2-3 times a week some months ago, haven't in a long time as I had no need for and I feel the changes have persisted (though I do take a lot of zinc which has the same effect on nitric oxide pretty much).

Don't do too much of it though, things that work for alzheimer by raising the growth factors such as "akt" are not good for mpb. Personally I wouldn't do it daily, it seems more therapeutic when used sparsely.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Balding is complex.

I honestly think if you somehow removed all the prolactin and estrogen and cortisol from your body, your hair would still not regrow,
because the changes to the skull shape and collagen have already happened.

In regards to that man on longecity, he was taking 100mg a day.
With oxidal you would need much less, because the caffeine and benzoic acid enhance methylene blue.

CoolTweetPete

Balding is complex.

I honestly think if you somehow removed all the prolactin and estrogen and cortisol from your body, your hair would still not regrow,
because the changes to the skull shape and collagen have already happened.

In regards to that man on longecity, he was taking 100mg a day.
With oxidal you would need much less, because the caffeine and benzoic acid enhance methylene blue.

This has been my experience as well. I recently got my prolactin checked, and it is low. Somehow I still lose hair like crazy if i'm not using my LLLT device. I also use methylene blue, but am unsure whether or not it is doing anything. According to the Generative Podcast's research it should achieve a similar effect to LLLT (reduction in NO --> better expression of cytochrome c oxidase)

paymanz

what is the optimal/minimum dose for NO lowering effect? is there any number?

CoolTweetPete

what is the optimal/minimum dose for NO lowering effect? is there any number?

Haidut has said that anything over 1mg a day seems to cause an increase in serotonin, which can be mitigated with caffeine (Oxidal). But larger quantities of MB with caffeine can cause an uncomfortable increase in blood pressure IIRC. Someone actually just reported this in another thread actually.

I would say it's probably dose dependent with lower amounts carrying less risk. Just my guess. Red light has the same NO-lowering ability without the side effects of MB.

XPlus

It would appear to be the exceedingly rare
Faux Kippah Balding Pattern, arch.
Such's avatar now shows up when you search for Faux Kippah Balding Pattern.
Faux Kippah Balding Pattern - Google Search

I lost about an inch of front hairline, most of which started to grow back after stopping to be a low carb maniac.
Then, I occasionally used a solution of low dose aspirin, T3, caffeine, DHEA, niacinamide and MB.
Can't say it's a miracle but it seems a little effective.

I'm going to try needling/progesterone and light for the remaining bit.

CoolTweetPete

Such's avatar now shows up when you search for Faux Kippah Balding Pattern.
Faux Kippah Balding Pattern - Google Search

I lost about an inch of front hairline, most of which started to grow back after stopping to be a low carb maniac.
Then, I occasionally used a solution of low dose aspirin, T3, caffeine, DHEA, niacinamide and MB.
Can't say it's a miracle but it seems a little effective.

I'm going to try needling/progesterone and light for the remaining bit.

Do you have any good sources of information on needling? I currently do scalp massages, trying to achieve the same thing I think (improved blood flow).

paymanz

is it practical to do carboxy therapy/injecting co2 ?need any especial equipment?

XPlus

Do you have any good sources of information on needling? I currently do scalp massages, trying to achieve the same thing I think (improved blood flow).
I always thought about trying manual tearing using a needle to encourage healing but never had the guts.
Someone recently posted this swissTemples | A loss recovered here.
The guy uses some kind of a painless needling tool as part of his "protocol".
He's has a lot of mainstream blabbering on the website but I think what might be doing it for him is the needling.
I think I might give it a little try now.

Gl;itch.e

This has been my experience as well. I recently got my prolactin checked, and it is low. Somehow I still lose hair like crazy if i'm not using my LLLT device. I also use methylene blue, but am unsure whether or not it is doing anything. According to the Generative Podcast's research it should achieve a similar effect to LLLT (reduction in NO --> better expression of cytochrome c oxidase)
Do you supplement Copper or make sure to get enough via food? These three should work together quite well. Copper, MB and LLLT.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
But larger quantities of MB with caffeine can cause an uncomfortable increase in blood pressure IIRC.

This isn't surprising. Hypertensive crisis is a possible complication of serotonin syndrome i.e. SSRI overdose or heavy MAO inhibition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals