Man Took Bromocriptine Becomes Deranged Sex Maniac

OP
Herbie

Herbie

That's a real shame. It's a powerful drug especially in high doses.

He took it for six years and was taking some other research drug
CV205-502 which is a dopamine agonist it’s an interesting story and probably why these studies are more ethical when trialed on rats.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
He took it for six years and was taking some other research drug
CV205-502 which is a dopamine agonist it’s an interesting story and probably why these studies are more ethical when trialed on rats.
I wonder how much he was on? I took 15mg/day for 1.5 years and had to stop because of the side effects. It did increase my sex drive. I've taken it since at much lower doses though with out any problems.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I wonder how much he was on? I took 15mg/day for 1.5 years and had to stop because of the side effects. It did increase my sex drive. I've taken it since at much lower doses though with out any problems.

Yeah I wonder that too, i looked up information on the drug it says 5mg a day for tumor which he had a pituitary one.

Did you purchase it without prescription?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah I wonder that too, i looked up information on the drug it says 5mg a day for tumor which he had a pituitary one.

Did you purchase it without prescription?
When I was on it through my old endo from 2007- early 2009 I got it from my local pharmacy by prescription. Since then I've gotten it through Inhousechemist. They carry an Australian product that seems high quality.

J

jb116

Pituitary tumor could have been the culprit of heightened stress and agitated sexual state which is itself a type of stress,

lampofred

It might be more of a specific type of serotonin agonism that makes bromocriptine users become addicts because L-DOPA which increases purely dopamine across the board has no such reported effects

OP
Herbie

Herbie

When I was on it through my old endo from 2007- early 2009 I got it from my local pharmacy by prescription. Since then I've gotten it through Inhousechemist. They carry an Australian product that seems high quality.

Thanks Blossom

OP
Herbie

Herbie

The guy was a 42 year old virgin with a safe, boring life, grew himself a tumor and then seemed to enjoy life, he should be grateful but then goes on to sue for 8.5 million pounds for the joy ride, probably in order to begin another one. A catch 23 situation, if he didn’t take the bromo or he did, he would regret both.

Last edited:

TheHound

what were the side effects you experienced?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
what were the side effects you experienced?
Early stages of a movement disorder. It resolved gradually after I stopped all medicines. I was also on an SSRI, benzo and a sleeping pill so I think it was a combination of all the meds and working nights and not just the bromocriptine.

Mauritio

The guy was a 42 year old virgin with a safe, boring life, grew himself a tumor and then seemed to enjoy life, he should be grateful but then goes on to sue for 8.5 million pounds for the joy ride, probably in order to begin another one. A catch 23 situation, if he didn’t take the bromo or he did, he would regret both.
I think so too. And :"I was going to the gym from 7pm and staying there until 10pm and then going on to a sunbed, and then taking out several people for dinner or singing in some karaoke club."

Sounds like an active, engaged lifestyle. Although I do think it's good to remind people that on dopamin agonists ,they should be carefull with impulsiveness .

In a metabolic light it actually makes sense
If serotonin is related to futile patience and delayed gratification:

...Then it actually makes sense that dopamin agonism leads to the opposite: instant gratification and impulsiveness . Not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I've heard Cabergoline can completely abolish the refractory period in males. So wouldn't doubt that dopamine agonists can cause something like this.

cihans

I've heard Cabergoline can completely abolish the refractory period in males. So wouldn't doubt that dopamine agonists can cause something like this.
Im on cabergoline for years and discussing with other patients about the side effects that you mentioned but 1 of 100 have a side effect like that. Its not certain in refractory period department. Everybody is different.

Mauritio

Im on cabergoline for years and discussing with other patients about the side effects that you mentioned but 1 of 100 have a side effect like that. Its not certain in refractory period department. Everybody is different.
So what is your experience with it ?

cihans

I think dostinex very good and cool drug, its cool because gives high dopamine effect asap. You feel good, energetic and desire to live and be succesfull also libido is okay with it. I never experience that refractory period thing, I’m 38 and have always need 20-30 or more minutes for another round it’s same on cabergoline. Side effects also vary I got intestinal problems too much, bloating usually and sometimes PE like hell under 1-2 mins done. But low prolactin is culprit according to my doctor. This is my experience in general, if you need specific details you may ask.

Mauritio

I think dostinex very good and cool drug, its cool because gives high dopamine effect asap. You feel good, energetic and desire to live and be succesfull also libido is okay with it. I never experience that refractory period thing, I’m 38 and have always need 20-30 or more minutes for another round it’s same on cabergoline. Side effects also vary I got intestinal problems too much, bloating usually and sometimes PE like hell under 1-2 mins done. But low prolactin is culprit according to my doctor. This is my experience in general, if you need specific details you may ask.
Interesting, as caber and bromo are sometimes used to treat premature ejaculation and you said they caused it ?

This study demonstrated that cabergoline 1 mg weekly significantly delay ejaculation in men.

cihans

Its not a permanent side effect occurs time to time, I don’t know why but rare side effect. But very interesting side effect I got very first 2 months of the treatment the wet dreams I have every 2 days than its disappeared.

Mauritio

Its not a permanent side effect occurs time to time, I don’t know why but rare side effect. But very interesting side effect I got very first 2 months of the treatment the wet dreams I have every 2 days than its disappeared.
Did you try bromo as well ,if so how would you compare those 2?
Did you measure blood values on cabergoline ,like T, E , DHT ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals