Man Spent 35 Years Studying The Brains Of Serial Killers. Found Increased Serotonin

Opioidus

Only if you are afraid. Well adjusted people do not need to be aggressive, not even when using violence.
LOL
Psychopaths are like that, normal people feel anxious when giving a presentation to a group of colleagues.

Also, define aggression.

ilikecats

It can go the other way (serotonin).... much like how hypothyroidism can cause tiredness (pseudo hibernation) and depression or mania and hyperactivity. If you've ever seen "a possible serotonergic mechanism of the learned helplessness phenomenon" you know what I'm talking about. In the study rats treated with serotonin precursors or serotonin agonists won't even escape while being harmed even though they have the opportunity to. Both sides of the coin, learned helplessness and hyper aggressiveness (real aggressiveness, not telling your neighbors to turn down their music when they're too loud) are the results of deranged physiology and are accompanied by a host of other problems.

@Opioidus It's interesting that you're looking for help on a website dedicated to the work of a man who sings the praises of low aggression, cooperation, altruism, and thinks that behavior far removed from that is the result of physiological dysfunction. This is also a man who's been completely shunned by the people at the top of (or really anywhere in) the mainstream medicine/science/healthcare/nutrition "dominance heirarchies". Im sure all the doctors and Pharma reps making tons of money every year pushing SSRIs (so alpha) view Ray Peat as a "lesser counterpart".

Last edited:
"Jerk" and "***hole" and "psychopath" and "douche bag" are among the many derogatory terms given to the typical alpha male in the human species by his lesser counterparts.
Lol, that's what psycopaths want you and other people to believe: "it's not that I'm acting wrongly, the problem is that other people are weak and easy-to-manipulate".

I feel like this guy is regurgitating some Jordan Peterson BS here.

David PS

How to increase MAOI A? Methylene blue? Anything else?

From Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation
Progesterone activates the MAO-A, and has other antiserotonin effects on blood vessels and nerves.
The amino acid theanine, found in tea, has been reported to decrease the amount of serotonin in the brain, probably by decreasing its synthesis and increasing its degradation.
Progesterone, thyroid, and niacinamide (not nicotinic acid or inositol hexanicotinate) are other safe substances that help to reduce serotonin formation, and/or accelerate its elimination. (Niacinamide seems to increase serotonin uptake.)

Opioidus

Well, that's not what I meant, maybe we should use a different term then. I use aggressive as opposed to passive, a person who is low in agreeableness.

It can go the other way (serotonin).... much like how hypothyroidism can cause tiredness (pseudo hibernation) and depression or mania and hyperactivity. If you've ever seen "a possible serotonergic mechanism of the learned helplessness phenomenon" you know what I'm talking about. In the study rats treated with serotonin precursors or serotonin agonists won't even escape while being harmed even though they have the opportunity to. Both sides of the coin, learned helplessness and hyper aggressiveness (real aggressiveness, not telling your neighbors to turn down their music when they're too loud) are the results of deranged physiology and are accompanied by a host of other problems.

@Opioidus It's interesting that you're looking for help on a website dedicated to the work of a man who sings the praises of low aggression, cooperation, altruism, and thinks that behavior far removed from that is the result of physiological dysfunction. This is also a man who's been completely shunned by the people at the top of (or really anywhere in) the mainstream medicine/science/healthcare/nutrition "dominance heirarchies". Im sure all the doctors and Pharma reps making tons of money every year pushing SSRIs (so alpha) view Ray Peat as a "lesser counterpart".
LOL okay that's fair, I'm here because that obviously didn't work. If it had I wouldn't be here. I actually found this ray peat fellow from searching the sides I was having from 100th the clinical dose of cymbalta. But I won't let people tell me my experiences were wrong, I know what I felt and how I acted. Speaking out when you're wronged requires aggression, the same type of behavior that super competitive ceo's show, or top level athelets, or to some degree violent offenders. It's not a question of substance but a question of degree. Serotonin helped me out of hell, but it dumped me into another hole.

BigChad

Well, that's not what I meant, maybe we should use a different term then. I use aggressive as opposed to passive, a person who is low in agreeableness.

LOL okay that's fair, I'm here because that obviously didn't work. If it had I wouldn't be here. I actually found this ray peat fellow from searching the sides I was having from 100th the clinical dose of cymbalta. But I won't let people tell me my experiences were wrong, I know what I felt and how I acted. Speaking out when you're wronged requires aggression, the same type of behavior that super competitive ceo's show, or top level athelets, or to some degree violent offenders. It's not a question of substance but a question of degree. Serotonin helped me out of hell, but it dumped me into another hole.

Why does speaking out when wronged require aggression? Courage or confidence would be enough? Theres plenty of people far from being a ceo or athlete who would still speak out when wronged. Hell, even guys with messed up health and high estrogen would probably do something. I don't think this should be equated to something like ceo/pro athlete behavior

Opioidus? Definitely not. Everything he has said is contrary to what Peterson says, behaviorally at least. Peterson has not idea about serotonin, but it's not really his expertise and he is no Peat.
Well, Peterson did say that "he knows his biochemistry", so although it's not his exactly his area, he firmly believes he's right about it and that it is based on real Science, and that he studied it with some effort.

I was thinking mainly about serotonin and the hierachy stuff when I said that. By behaviorally you mean anger being beneficial, which Opioidus said, right? I recall Peterson saying that being dangerous is beneficial, and that being harmless if bad. Anger can make one look dangerous, so I guess that's the comparison that I made in my mind.

Hugh Johnson

Well, Peterson did say that "he knows his biochemistry", so although it's not his exactly his area, he firmly believes he's right about it and that it is based on real Science, and that he studied it with some effort.

I was thinking mainly about serotonin and the hierachy stuff when I said that. By behaviorally you mean anger being beneficial, which Opioidus said, right? I recall Peterson saying that being dangerous is beneficial, and that being harmless if bad. Anger can make one look dangerous, so I guess that's the comparison that I made in my mind.
Peterson did not say that. Peterson talks about playing fair, contributing, being a positive force etc. He considers functional hierarchy to be one where status is gained by contribution, service and competence. Peterson argues you are better off losing playing fair than winning dirty, because life is iterative games and good people are included in the desirable games, while a-holes are excluded from good games and pushed to the margins. Mostly true in non-corrupt societies.

Being dangerous is necessary to guard boundaries. In fact Brene Brown quoted research that strong boundaries are the one unifying quality of emphatic people.

As far as biochemistry goes, Peterson is somewhat authoritarian and believes your average professor has a good grasp on the topics he studies. Which is clearly wrong with serotonin.

Peterson did not say that. Peterson talks about playing fair, contributing, being a positive force etc. He considers functional hierarchy to be one where status is gained by contribution, service and competence. Peterson argues you are better off losing playing fair than winning dirty, because life is iterative games and good people are included in the desirable games, while a-holes are excluded from good games and pushed to the margins. Mostly true in non-corrupt societies.

Being dangerous is necessary to guard boundaries. In fact Brene Brown quoted research that strong boundaries are the one unifying quality of emphatic people.

As far as biochemistry goes, Peterson is somewhat authoritarian and believes your average professor has a good grasp on the topics he studies. Which is clearly wrong with serotonin.
Yeah, Peterson does talk about those virtues, but, correct me if I'm wrong, he does see competition as a very valuable tool, which would require fair-play. Ijust don't agree with so much emphasis on competition. It seems to be necessary when you're not in a small community, but even politicians don't seem to like competition, so much so that they often name people of their own family to fill political job functions in their job area.

And it seems the more complex a institution/ system is, the more room there for people who shouldn't be there. Politics and politicians are a great example of that. Regarding a$$holes being excluded from society, I often saw the opposite in schools and on internet platforms. Being a prick is often labeled as being "cool". It reminds me of Jake Paul. He was( reportedly) an a$$ during highschool and still is and he is very successful.

A hierarchy by competence works, and I agree that if a person is good at doing something, it only makes sense that their function in a certain system is related to their capabilities. I think that when people criticize hierarchy, they're talking about people who are at the very top of it even though what they do isn't really more valuable than what other people do.

Also, I recall Jordan talking how being too agreeable isn't good, and I agree with that( pun not intended).

Hugh Johnson

Yeah, Peterson does talk about those virtues, but, correct me if I'm wrong, he does see competition as a very valuable tool, which would require fair-play. Ijust don't agree with so much emphasis on competition. It seems to be necessary when you're not in a small community, but even politicians don't seem to like competition, so much so that they often name people of their own family to fill political job functions in their job area.

And it seems the more complex a institution/ system is, the more room there for people who shouldn't be there. Politics and politicians are a great example of that. Regarding a$$holes being excluded from society, I often saw the opposite in schools and on internet platforms. Being a prick is often labeled as being "cool". It reminds me of Jake Paul. He was( reportedly) an a$$ during highschool and still is and he is very successful.

A hierarchy by competence works, and I agree that if a person is good at doing something, it only makes sense that their function in a certain system is related to their capabilities. I think that when people criticize hierarchy, they're talking about people who are at the very top of it even though what they do isn't really more valuable than what other people do.

Also, I recall Jordan talking how being too agreeable isn't good, and I agree with that( pun not intended).
Schools are essentially prisons, and as such they are often places that breed pathology. Politicians are actually not that nasty to each other, although the US political system is almost broken at the moment. Politicians are typically quite good at cooperating with each other, even on the US.

What you are speaking about are dominance hierarchies you typically want to avoid.

The emphasis on competition comes from our culture lacking a philosphy of competition. Competition is often good, and cooperation can be bad. Politicians cooperation with big pharma is usually not a good thing, while people competing to be better at something productive is beneficial to everyone involved. In a good competitive environment even losing a competition plating fair can be beneficial for the loser, it develops you and your shows other people what you are made of. Also:

Not every competition is a war.

Let me tell you this: Garlic inhibits MAO-A and MAO-B. When I ate it in bulk (5 cloves a day) I got aggressive dreams with high-action, lots of adrenaline and very vivid. I also turned subconsciously very aggressive towards other people and was in a constant fight mode. Usually I am the peaceful guy, run away from trouble, so this was a shock for me. Things reversed as soon as I discontinued eating garlic in bulk.

It was an experiment by me and my friend, we both experienced exactly the same symptoms. Our research made us find out for what MAO-A and MAO-B are responsible because we discovered that Garlic is a strong inhibitor.

Symptoms return on continuation.

Last edited:
Schools are essentially prisons, and as such they are often places that breed pathology. Politicians are actually not that nasty to each other, although the US political system is almost broken at the moment. Politicians are typically quite good at cooperating with each other, even on the US.

What you are speaking about are dominance hierarchies you typically want to avoid.

The emphasis on competition comes from our culture lacking a philosphy of competition. Competition is often good, and cooperation can be bad. Politicians cooperation with big pharma is usually not a good thing, while people competing to be better at something productive is beneficial to everyone involved. In a good competitive environment even losing a competition plating fair can be beneficial for the loser, it develops you and your shows other people what you are made of. Also:

Not every competition is a war.

I relate a lot to that video. When you say that something is yours as a child, people look down on you, and you have to share everything. Sharing some things is probably healthy, especially if you know the person you're sharing something with, but personal space seems to be a topic that is neglected( at least in my experience). Parents seem to think that they don't need to let children have their own things, that it's something that doesn't require some attention.

Yeah, schools are terrible, and the more "elite" they are, the less freedom the children have. I know because I sadly went to "very good" schools when I was younger and I always felt off all the time when I was in them. During playtime( which was very short), we couldn't even run! If we did, an employee would give us a scolding. It bascially was prison, since I used to try to leave, but I never could, they wouldn't let me.

Okay, I see. I think I had in mind competition in a school enivronment, and if you fail or don't do well on a test, you have to tell your parents about it, and, instead of being a learning experience, it becomes a traumatic experience( scolding from the parents, mocking from other students, etc.). And there is also the fact that a lot, if not most of what is taught in schools is wrong and seems to be made uninteresting on purpose by the system, so the information being presented to the children doesn't mean anything to them, so they are competing with each other in something they don't even want to be a part of. Yes, in a good competitive environment, doing something you like and that actually has impact on the real world, I can see how competition is good. And it also helps to identify diseases, since sick people don't have the energy to do much. In a healthy place, instead of being sick and eliminated from the world, you can heal and then come back to play and compete more.

JamesGatz

Guess what people? Serial killers are PSY-OP Media distractions 🤣🤣🤣

7DA4D32E-7AC3-48D8-A928-03CDB2C27710.jpeg

cs3000

Methylene blue decreases It.
Vit b2 and low estrogen increase it (MAO)
https://www.ecnp.eu/presentationpdfs/70/P.1.h.048.pdf
Our results show that one month of riboflavin treatment has no significant effects on nociception, no effect on motor coordination and has a powerful effect on mice’s exploratory behavior – the animals preferred to stay into the unprotected center area of the activity cage thus indicating that riboflavin has an anxiolyticlike behavior [3]. Even though riboflavin controls MAO metabolism through a mitochondrial FAD dependent enzymes, it seems that it has different effects on MAO dependent neurotransmitters, being more important for those involved in anxiety than those involved in pain and locomotion control.

Riboflavin and pyridoxine restore dopamine levels and reduce oxidative stress in brain of rats - BMC Neuroscience
^ 5-HIAA (metabolite of serotonin) significantly lowered in Striatum & medulla compared to control [at human supplement doses] [suggesting less serotonin to break down i guess - how do you tell if decreased 5-HIAA = from lower serotonin, or if its because of less MAO activity? well in this case riboflavin increases MAO activity so you'd assume if there was the same amount of serotonin you'd see more 5-HIAA , suggesting riboflavin lowered serotonin in brain regions]

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6765737/
Monoamine oxidase (MAO) depends on a covalently attached FAD cofactor for activity. MAO activity in depleted cells is stimulated by added riboflavin

Last edited: