Man regrows hair with oral DHT, Anavar

johnwester130

thoughts?

Mossy

Just an off the cuff thought: if DHT causes hair growth, why does creatine, a suppossed DHT promoter, seemingly cause hair loss?

cupofcoffee

I don't think it's fair to compare anavar to oral DHT, especially since anavar is supposedly (haven't tried it myself) less androgenic than DHT so it's fair to say that they act in the body somewhat differently.
Anavar seems to be a good, somewhat liver safe, anabolic and anticatabolic compound, which could explain the better hair growth since high cortisol/catabolism seems to play a key role in hair loss.

Dr. B

I don't think it's fair to compare anavar to oral DHT, especially since anavar is supposedly (haven't tried it myself) less androgenic than DHT so it's fair to say that they act in the body somewhat differently.
Anavar seems to be a good, somewhat liver safe, anabolic and anticatabolic compound, which could explain the better hair growth since high cortisol/catabolism seems to play a key role in hair loss.
i think moreplatesmoredates considers anavar a hair safe steroid. but thats interesting if it would actually cause regrowth! especially regrowth when used alongside dht
does dht increase alongside cortisol in stressed states?

Dr. B

Just an off the cuff thought: if DHT causes hair growth, why does creatine, a suppossed DHT promoter, seemingly cause hair loss?
dht and choline, creatine, betaine, all the pro methylator supplements seem to increase hair loss!

cupofcoffee

i think moreplatesmoredates considers anavar a hair safe steroid. but thats interesting if it would actually cause regrowth! especially regrowth when used alongside dht
does dht increase alongside cortisol in stressed states?
I think the main mechanism is the anti-catabolic and anti-glucocorticoid effect, but one also has to consider the fact that he probably suppressed his testicular function to some degree so he also reduced aromatization and 5 alpha reduction so there's that.

Many stressed people get ""high DHT"" symptoms, which can be explained by the increase in DHEA output from the adrenals, which can cause balding and body hair growth (DHEA in stressed people is converted in estrogen and DHT in tissues, while in healthy people it mainly converts to DHT). So, i speculate, that these people have higher androgens and estrogens in skin and scalp where combined they have negative effect, while they have reduced gonadal androgens, that are the ones that have a protective effects around the body.

This is a very gross generalization from a person who doesn't know much at all, so you should ask more experience users such as @haidut or @Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think the main mechanism is the anti-catabolic and anti-glucocorticoid effect, but one also has to consider the fact that he probably suppressed his testicular function to some degree so he also reduced aromatization and 5 alpha reduction so there's that.

Many stressed people get ""high DHT"" symptoms, which can be explained by the increase in DHEA output from the adrenals, which can cause balding and body hair growth (DHEA in stressed people is converted in estrogen and DHT in tissues, while in healthy people it mainly converts to DHT). So, i speculate, that these people have higher androgens and estrogens in skin and scalp where combined they have negative effect, while they have reduced gonadal androgens, that are the ones that have a protective effects around the body.

This is a very gross generalization from a person who doesn't know much at all, so you should ask more experience users such as @haidut or @Hans
Yes DHT never causes hair loss by itself. Exogenous DHT will suppress excess stress hormones, which will help prevent or slow down hair loss. But there are many paths to hair loss and DHT doesn't fix them all so not everyone will experience improvements or regrowth.

opethfeldt

I think you're right on target.

Dr. B

Yes DHT never causes hair loss by itself. Exogenous DHT will suppress excess stress hormones, which will help prevent or slow down hair loss. But there are many paths to hair loss and DHT doesn't fix them all so not everyone will experience improvements or regrowth.
why do some people get worsening hair loss from dht or from using creatine?

Hans

Forum Supporter
why do some people get worsening hair loss from dht or from using creatine?
Honestly, I don't know. Could be an inferior product. Some people say creatine only increases DHT when it's combined with exercise. So it boosts exercise-induced DHT release.

BlahtyBlah

thoughts?
Does he post any pics? I looked and couldn't post any good before/after pics or video, then I do not believe it or take it seriously. I see all kinds of claims of people 'regrowing' hair with DHT,, T,etc., but rarely if ever see any evidence for it. I am quite sure he isn't the first one to try DHT for hair regrowth, yet I never see evidence to back it up.

Dr. B

Honestly, I don't know. Could be an inferior product. Some people say creatine only increases DHT when it's combined with exercise. So it boosts exercise-induced DHT release.
i am not sure on creatine, i think it has something to do with the methylation boosting activity of creatine, betaine, choline etc

ChemHead

Hi. How's it going? I was wondering, how would one experiment with topical PGE2 or ricinoleic acid? Are there any commercially available products? I've been using castor oil.
Just dissolve it (PGE2) in ethanol or some ethanol/PG mixture at 1-2% and see what happens I guess. AFAIK, there aren't any commercially sold products. I'm sure there are products with castor oil, but probably not isolated ricinoleic acid.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Very interesting

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Hi. How's it going? I was wondering, how would one experiment with topical PGE2 or ricinoleic acid? Are there any commercially available products? I've been using castor oil.

If Anavar regrew hair by reducing glucocorticoids

then Eplerenone looks interesting

Maybe crushed tablets in alcohol

baccheion

Makes sense a bit, as cortisol opposes progesterone, calcitriol, and melatonin. All help protect hair.