Man Makes Himself Insulin Resistant/type Two Diabetic By Drinking Olive Oil

raypeatclips

Best advice I can give is get a glucometer, and test test test.

When do you think the best times to test blood glucose are? Do you think the typical ranges given for blood glucose readings by the medical people are accurate? How long after meals etc. Also, how do you know adrenaline, cortisol levels from testing blood glucose? Thanks

Last edited:

kayumochi

Americans get far too many liquid fats ... period. Many people now have substituted PUFA liquid fats with coconut oil, etc but are still getting way too much - and they wonder why they can't lose weight! That Bulletproof Douche has even made a revenue stream out if it ...

J

James IV

When do you think the best times to test blood glucose are? Do you think the typical ranges given for blood glucose readings by the medical people are accurate? How long after meals etc. Also, how do you know adrenaline, cortisol levels from testing blood glucose? Thanks

Best case? 1-2 hour intervals during waking hours for a few days to get a baseline. If glucose is high without food, it's cortisol. There is nothing wrong with cortisol, it's just chronically elevated cortisol that becomes an issue. Cortisol should be highest a bit after sunrise.

All that being said. If you eat enough sugar,fat,protein and minerals, the blood sugar should self regulate to appropriate levels.

Steve

This thread has completely confused me. I just want to lose excess belly fat & love handles.
How do I do that (in a healthy, permanent manner)?

You're not supposed to diet to lose fat, and you're not supposed to exercise to lose fat, so the only "correct" way to go about it is to miraculously figure out all of the science you find here & to get extremely lucky & correct all of your hormonal imbalances thru diet & supplementation, and then pray that your excess fat melts off.

Last edited:
J

James IV

This thread has completely confused me. I just want to lose excess belly fat & love handles.
How do I do that (in a healthy, permanent manner)?

You're not supposed to diet to lose fat, and you're not supposed to exercise to lose fat, so the only "correct" way to go about it is to miraculously figure out all of the science you find here & to get extremely lucky & correct all of your hormonal imbalances thru diet & supplementation, and then pray that your excess fat melts off.

No. Losing fat is stressful no matter how you do it. So the only way not to increase stress, is to not lose weight. Dr Peats "diet" is NOT a weight loss diet.

Exercising more = stressful.
Eating less = stressful.

The worst thing is to do both.

The "safest" way to burn bodyfat is through eating normally and slightly increasing light activity. I.e adding a short walk to your days.

Or

Significantly decreasing activity, and food intake. I.e fasting and laying around all day.

Steve

No. Losing fat is stressful no matter how you do it. So the only way not to increase stress, is to not lose weight. Dr Peats "diet" is NOT a weight loss diet.

Exercising more = stressful.
Eating less = stressful.

The worst thing is to do both.

The "safest" way to burn bodyfat is through eating normally and slightly increasing light activity. I.e adding a short walk to your days.
The "safest" way you mention above doesn't do anything for me. I've been doing light exercise such as walking or riding my bike for years now (along with healthy nutrition & calories), but my belly fat goes nowhere.
It drives me crazy. I hate seeing excess fat hanging over the waistband of my shorts (even though you don't notice it when I have a shirt on).
Maybe if I was really overweight it would make a difference.

I'm 6'1'', 190 lbs, 46 years old. Look pretty fit with a shirt on, but take the shirt off, & the women run for the hills. Jiggly fat & love handles. It drives me crazy.
I really don't see many guys my age that look like they are lean & muscular. It seems like the only ones who are lean & muscular concentrate on heavy weight lifting routines.

J

James IV

The "safest" way you mention above doesn't do anything for me. I've been doing light exercise such as walking or riding my bike for years now (along with healthy nutrition & calories), but my belly fat goes nowhere.
It drives me crazy. I hate seeing excess fat hanging over the waistband of my shorts (even though you don't notice it when I have a shirt on).
Maybe if I was really overweight it would make a difference.

I'm 6'1'', 190 lbs, 46 years old. Look pretty fit with a shirt on, but take the shirt off, & the women run for the hills. Jiggly fat & love handles. It drives me crazy.
I really don't see many guys my age that look like they are lean & muscular. It seems like the only ones who are lean & muscular concentrate on heavy weight lifting routines.

Yeah. I meant increasing it beyond what you are already doing to maintain your bodyfat levels. If you already walk, you will have to walk more. Assuming you don't eat more as well. Or maybe it's not fat. The belly area holds swelling and inflammation if you have any digestive or liver dysfunction. It has the same appearance as fat.

And yes, you aren't going to be muscular unless you have a labor intensive lifestyle, if you don't lift weights or do some sort of power athletic activity. There is no reason for the body to create muscle tissue unless you provide the stimulus to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

I saved that thread this morning. Not sure I fully understand what to do with that info. I mostly saved it for Dr J's quote about lifting heavy 3 times a week.
I could have some belly inflammation I guess, but I can grab hold of the fat, so I think it's fat............love handles are definitely fat.
By muscular I guess I just mean lean (with a low fat percentage)............like a lazy teenager that just stays that way naturally, or even Dr Peat appears to be lean.

I e-mailed Dr Peat a while ago:
Dr Peat,
Hope you are well. I was wondering what would be the correct & healthy way for a guy to shed excess fat & get a somewhat lean & fit physique (15% body fat for example)?
This is assuming the guy is already on a healthy diet & is in good general health…………….just looks awful without a shirt.

(I think the ratio of calcium to phosphate is the decisive thing, while keeping thyroid and vitamin D in a good range.
The ratio of DHEA to cortisol governs the ratio of muscle to fat in the body, and the minerals regulate that by minimizing stresses.)

Steve

The only thing that ever made sense to me was to slightly restrict calories from fat (leave carbs & protein the same).
Lift some weights. Then the body will pull the extra calories it needs from your fat stores. So you really wouldn't be in a caloric deficit...........calories would come from your body fat instead of from food.
Once you become lean you add the calories back in to reach your normal level.

I think I got this from Paul Jaminet:
So to conserve muscle and reduce fat tissue, you have to eat your normal allotment of protein and carbs while restricting fat intake. As long as there is no serious dysfunction of adipose cells, they will release fat as needed to meet the body’s fat needs. And that’s what you want – fat being moved out of adipose cells to be burned.

So your calorie-restricted weight loss diet will be just as nourishing as your regular diet. Only the source of the nourishing fats – adipose cells instead of food – will be different.

Then there was this from Drew Baye:
Since there is a limit to the rate at which the body can get energy from fat, if the calorie deficit is too large the body will take energy from other tissues. According to a paper in the Journal of Theoretical Biology (1,2), it is estimated the average, moderately active person’s body can get approximately 30 calories of energy per day per pound of fat. This means the maximum one can reduce their calorie intake below maintenance levels without losing muscle is approximately 30 for every pound of fat on their body.* For example, an active 180 pound man with 15% body fat would have 27 pounds of fat, so he could reduce his daily calorie intake to about 800 below maintenance without losing lean tissue. Assuming a maintenance intake of approximately 2,800 this would mean a daily caloric intake around 2,000 calories.
Basic Guidelines for Fat Loss Part 1: Diet | High Intensity Training by Drew Baye

Mito

I saved that thread this morning. Not sure I fully understand what to do with that info.
Increasing muscle mass should help with your fat loss goal since muscle tissue is more metabolicly active than fat tissue and muscle oxidizes mostly fat for energy at rest.

Steve

Increasing muscle mass should help with your fat loss goal since muscle tissue is more metabolicly active than fat tissue and muscle oxidizes mostly fat for energy at rest.
Ok, thanks. I'll have to show a little more love to the squat rack I have in the garage.

J

jb116

@ecstatichamster Was it this one or is this just similar experiment? I don't remember lol.

Unfortunately though that doesn't tell us much about metabolism, it's only showing a mechanical effect. It reminds me of the stupid game changers documentary where they draw the blood vials after the fatty meals. It's more or less a visual gimmick.

jet9

Somewhat related test here:

sweet potato VS sweet potato + lots of fat
30 min 168 136
1 hour 201 187
1.5 hours 162 177
2 hours 113 133

Sherbert

"Man Makes Himself Insulin Resistant/type Two Diabetic By Drinking Olive Oil"​

Funny headline 😃