Man Goes Anti-Peat And Demonstrates Results From 20's To Mid 40

Amazoniac

Another questionable idea from Ray is giving too much salt for someone with already slow metabolism. He claims that it's a condition that people start losing too much sodium. However if it was that simple, people would just increase their intake naturally to compensate for the loss, especially because it's so acessible.
It must be a protective measure.
In this situation the body is slow in everything: the response will be slower as well as the adaptation. Giving supplemental salt can probably create more taxing imbalances, contrary to food sources, that would provide these minerals in balanced proportions.

Since most cancer patients have a slow metabolism, I guess this explains why Gerson commented that most mineral supplements were a failure: patients couldn't handle them. These people are too weakened to have ample control of sudden imbalances.
It's a reduced state, with excess H+ ions. On that video that I posted, it shows the logarithmic pH scale in relation to their concentration. Maybe it's related to the fact that it's harder to bring back the balance from the reduced state, especially if it was a chronic onset. And in this condition, when you give salt, you affect everything related to electrolyte balance for the worse. I wonder if this explains why sodium bicarbonate is milder in these patients due to the lack of chloride, the bicarbonate helping to neutralize the excess H+ ions.

Zeus posted some material pointing out that 5g/day of salt is a reasonable aim. But this amount is already enough to cause problems in a slower metabolism.

Last edited:
J

James IV

@James IV - Can I ask how you're losing fat? Cal restriction, high intensity ex? Do you think cal intake is king when trying to slim down (ie matters more than macros)? Cheers.
I'm losing fat through energy deficit. I'm not consciously restricting calores, but when I reduce my carbohydrate intake and focus on mainly animal food and vegetables, my energy is constant and my hunger is minimal. I'm not exercising at all other than normal daily movement. In fact I'm visiting family and more sedentary than usual. Im a big advocate of eat less move less, for fat loss. As I get leaner I need more carbohydrate, and food in general, to maintain my energy.

You look hapa or some other mix. Asian and mixed people tend to age slower than others.
I'm Russian and Dutch.

A slow oxidizer is just someone with a slow metabolism...
Maybe. But if I do, I've seen no detrimental effects, quite the opposite. When I was pushing my metabolism and able to eat 3500+ calories daily without gaining weight, I had nothing but problems after a while.

He aged incredibly from his 2005 videos, he was only 69 on those. he is overshooting with all his approaches and creates too much ROS. Aging very fast now. That is what I see
5 year difference is just incredible in my opinion. Looked ok not great for a 69 and looks really old for a 76..

Peat was doing a higher fat diet up until his late 60's. He's only adopted a low fat approach in the last decade. FWIW

Last edited by a moderator:

Djukami

I eat lots of fat and protein
I don't do oils, but do some PUFA foods like chicken, pork, certain nuts, and avacado.
I suppose you eat these once in a while and, even if daily, they don't provide a lot of calories overall. Unless a person binge on them, of course.
I know you focus a lot in dense foods, so I'm guessing you major sources of fat would be foods like eggs, cheese, right?

Djukami

Many people here are forcing salt intake when the diet is failing. Maybe it's not a lack of salt, but an improper diet.
Improper is a pretty vague term. I see so many people thriving on so many different diets that let me wondering about what an optimal diet looks like.

Nevertheless, let's suppose I have an improper diet. What do you think about salt to taste? I tend to crave a lot of salt comparing to people around me, who actually follow a similar diet as me. Isn't it a bit more complex and the context of each individual and what feels best what makes a proper diet? But even what feels best sometimes backfires...
Again, that's why sometimes I feel like I just don't know anymore lol

Last edited:

raypeatclips

@gbolduev What do the elderly people around you look like? Serious question. I think Peat looks great compared to the average person I see around me of his age. He has no turkey neck, hardly any wrinkles, thick hair. I bet some of the people that are critical of Peats appearance have less hair than him.

The 80 years olds around me they aren't dead are demented, forgetful, unable to walk distance without oxygen, sagging, wrinkled skin. His memory recall is absolutely astounding as well. He's clearly doing something right

Djukami

Im a big advocate of eat less move less, for fat loss.
That makes sense. I think it is harder to lose body fat when physically active. Exercise just makes a person burn more energy. But this mainly burns sugar, not fat. This loss of sugar makes you more hungry (whereas the loss of bodyfat remains largely unnoticed). Thinking of people in physically demanding jobs, like construction workers. Or when I used to swim, there were people with much more resistance than me, but they were pretty fatty. On the other side it is known among anorexia patients that it is much easier to maintain an extremely low bodyweight while being inactive. Of course, this is just an example, they are under eating a lot. Needless to say anorexia is not healthy in any way.

Last edited:
J

James IV

I suppose you eat these once in a while and, even if daily, they don't provide a lot of calories overall. Unless a person binge on them, of course.
I know you focus a lot in dense foods, so I'm guessing you major sources of fat would be foods like eggs, cheese, right?

Currently no cheese. Maybe 1 avocado and a handful of nuts a day, maximum. Most calories come from a variety of eggs, animals, seafood, coconut. Some butter, tallow, and CO, for cooking or if the protein source is lean.

J

James IV

That makes sense. I think it is harder to lose body fat when physically active. Exercise just makes a person burn more energy. But this mainly burns sugar, not fat. This loss of sugar makes you more hungry (whereas the loss of bodyfat remains largely unnoticed). Thinking of people in physically demanding jobs, like construction workers. Or when I used to swim, there were people with much more resistance than me, but they were pretty fatty. On the other side it is known among anorexia patients that it is much easier to maintain an extremely low bodyweight while being inactive. Of course, this is just an example, they are under eating a lot. Needless to say anorexia is not healthy in any way.

Yes. Vigorous exercising while in an energy or glucose deficit will create an undesirable hormone profile for fat loss. And like you mentioned, It also makes you hungrier.

Sleeping/laying around while fasting is the best way to lower bodyfat IMO. Hibernation style.

Last edited by a moderator:

gbolduev

@gbolduev What do the elderly people around you look like? Serious question. I think Peat looks great compared to the average person I see around me of his age. He has no turkey neck, hardly any wrinkles, thick hair. I bet some of the people that are critical of Peats appearance have less hair than him.

The 80 years olds around me they aren't dead are demented, forgetful, unable to walk distance without oxygen, sagging, wrinkled skin. His memory recall is absolutely astounding as well. He's clearly doing something right

Ray Peat-- 2005 Looks ok, not great for 69 year old. shaking, shaky voice, very hyperthyroid acidic look.

Ray peat 6 years later ray peat - Yahoo Image Search Results

You see the difference? it is like 20 years difference. He aged crazily. in only 5 years. Now tell me how his regimen is anti aging. More he researches more he ages it seems. I noticed this trend with health gurus actually

I rest my case. there is nothing to really talk about

I know tons of 73-77 year olds that look amazing. And they don't claim to be health gurus. this guy promotes anti aging and ages like crazy.

You cant compare Peat with sick old people , you have to compare him with the best in his age category. He cant compare to them , not even close. at 69 he looks very old. Grof looked 10-15 years younger and the guy hyperventilated on purpose daily .

raypeatclips

Ray Peat-- 2005 Looks ok, not great for 69 year old. shaking, shaky voice, very hyperthyroid acidic look.

Ray peat 6 years later ray peat - Yahoo Image Search Results

You see the difference? it is like 20 years difference. He aged crazily. in only 5 years. Now tell me how his regimen is anti aging. More he researches more he ages it seems. I noticed this trend with health gurus actually

I rest my case. there is nothing to really talk about

I know tons of 73-77 year olds that look amazing. And they don't claim to be health gurus. this guy promotes anti aging and ages like crazy.

You cant compare Peat with sick old people , you have to compare him with the best in his age category. He cant compare to them , not even close. at 69 he looks very old. Grof looked 10-15 years younger and the guy hyperventilated on purpose daily .

I don't see what you are talking about honestly, I think he looks great for his age and I'm not just saying that because I like him. Have you seen the video of him taken by the perceive think act guys for the documentary? Filmed in HD around 2 years ago I think.

gbolduev

I don't see what you are talking about honestly, I think he looks great for his age and I'm not just saying that because I like him. Have you seen the video of him taken by the perceive think act guys for the documentary? Filmed in HD around 2 years ago I think.

Haha. this was filmed when he was 69 in 2005.. Are you ok? he does not look that good for 69. only 69.

Read my previous post . I posted before and after for Peat. Video was made in 2005, then I posted a picture of Peat 5-6 year later. See the difference? In 5 years , he aged 20 years.

and if in 2005 he looked acceptable for this age, probably in the middle of his age group. 5 year later he already looks really bad no where near the top of his age group/ And the diffence in only 5 years is amazing/

this is when he started to do all this crazy stuff with sugar and Co2 and so on

Last edited:

raypeatclips

this was filmed when he was 69. Are you ok? he does not look that good for 69.

Read my previous post . I posted before and after for Peat. Video was made in 2005, then I posted a picture of Peat 5-6 year later. See the difference? In 5 years , he aged 20

Good thanks are you? You are repeating yourself. Yes I've looked at the images and videos you posted. Have you seen the HD video footage of perceive think act? That is the most recent and highest quality video footage of him that I know of available. I am not sure why you aren't mentioning that at all and showing old lower quality footage, when there is more recent footage available

That Grof guy does look very good but that doesn't mean you should discredit everything Peat says because there's also another old dude that looks good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals