Malic acid for digestion

Motif

I’ll order some powder cause I remember when I took it years ago my skin issues improved a lot.
I didn’t know why . But now i think it improved low stomach acid and helps to absorb nutrients better.

any advices on when to take it, how to not hurt your teeth with it and how much to take?

Before meals? After?

hard to find high dosed capsules unfortunately

shine

Just buy 00 gelatin capsules, fill them up 3/4 and take one with your meals.

TabulaRasa

I actually ordered some recently because I crave sour. I got a bulk powder and add it to water with a couple drops of stevia sweet leaf water drops. I suffer from digestive issues and I think by craving sour like lime my body was telling me something, so I decided to try this. It’s possible it helps my digestion a little. Malic acid has been shown to reduce methane in livestock. I have methane dominant SIBO and it’s possible the malic acid as been reducing bloating/gas.
In any case, it’s much easier for me to drink water with the malic acid added to it.

OP
M

Motif

I actually ordered some recently because I crave sour. I got a bulk powder and add it to water with a couple drops of stevia sweet leaf water drops. I suffer from digestive issues and I think by craving sour like lime my body was telling me something, so I decided to try this. It’s possible it helps my digestion a little. Malic acid has been shown to reduce methane in livestock. I have methane dominant SIBO and it’s possible the malic acid as been reducing bloating/gas.
In any case, it’s much easier for me to drink water with the malic acid added to it.
How much are you drinking of it?

i was taking large doses when I took it. Small doses did nothing

i think I took 1 tbsp, but I don’t know how much this is

TabulaRasa

How much are you drinking of it?

i was taking large doses when I took it. Small doses did nothing

i think I took 1 tbsp, but I don’t know how much this is

I put 1/4 TSP into a glass of water at a time. And do that as I drink water throughout the day as much water as I want.
1 TBSP would taste way too strong in a glass of water.

OP
M

Motif

I put 1/4 TSP into a glass of water at a time. And do that as I drink water throughout the day as much water as I want.
1 TBSP would taste way too strong in a glass of water.
Do you know how much mg are 1/4 or a while tbsp?

my problem with drinking it over the days is the fear to destroy my teeth with it

TabulaRasa

Not sure. I don’t do 1/4 TBSP.
Only 1/4 TSP at a time. It doesn’t feel strong enough to burn anything. Just adds some sourness.

Dr. B

I’ll order some powder cause I remember when I took it years ago my skin issues improved a lot.
I didn’t know why . But now i think it improved low stomach acid and helps to absorb nutrients better.

any advices on when to take it, how to not hurt your teeth with it and how much to take?

Before meals? After?

hard to find high dosed capsules unfortunately
it has the same inflammatory issues as citric acid...

my face got puffed up when i used citrulline malate, and it did something odd to my blood sugar, as well as breathing...

it might be even more inflammatory than citric acid

OP
M

Motif

it has the same inflammatory issues as citric acid...

my face got puffed up when i used citrulline malate, and it did something odd to my blood sugar, as well as breathing...

it might be even more inflammatory than citric acid
Any link for this ?

ursidae

Interesting. I crave sour foods all day long. Probably a sign of low stomach acid

Inaut

bump. Malic acid+baking soda+potassium bicarbonate+taurine is a really good energy drink. I'm even adding some creatine for GH. I find malic acid to be very beneficial and feel a difference in energy. Anybody else still ingesting it?

Dr. B

bump. Malic acid+baking soda+potassium bicarbonate+taurine is a really good energy drink. I'm even adding some creatine for GH. I find malic acid to be very beneficial and feel a difference in energy. Anybody else still ingesting it?
Creatine boosts growth hormone?

A.R

Sounds great. What dosages are you using?

Inaut

Sounds great. What dosages are you using?
Quarter teaspoon to half teaspoon depending. Half teaspoon, if unbuffered sometimes leads to loose stool so I opt for a quarter usually.

A.R

Quarter teaspoon to half teaspoon depending. Half teaspoon, if unbuffered sometimes leads to loose stool so I opt for a quarter usually.
I’m very happy it’s working for you! You could also maybe stack Beta Alanine in this combo, since both Taurine and Beta Alanine deplete each other.

I’ve just put an order in for malic acid, will let you know how I get on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals