Males That Have Used Progesterone For Sleep With Success (Poll)

Was progesterone successful for you for sleep?

• Yes

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • Without effect

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Worsened sleep

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

vulture

Cool. Did you use it alone?

Thanks Charlie.
Yes. Maybe along some common vitamins, but Progesterone was the obvious change, I mean, I have month so taking Mg, it’s not what made me sleepy or relaxed.

Fexxx

@Hans

More than 6mg makes my sleep worse. (Pounding Heart, too drowsy -> maybe it drops ACTH, Cortisol too low?)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

More than 6mg makes my sleep worse. (Pounding Heart, too drowsy -> maybe it drops ACTH, Cortisol too low?)
Could be low blood sugar. Did you have some food with the progesterone?

Fexxx

@Hans

You are right. Hypoglycemia is a topic for me, because of the Cort, ACTH Probs. I have a good Dinner 1-2 hours before Prog and tried extra Food with Prog but i didnt fix the sideeffects with higher Dosages.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

You are right. Hypoglycemia is a topic for me, because of the Cort, ACTH Probs. I have a good Dinner 1-2 hours before Prog and tried extra Food with Prog but i didnt fix the sideeffects with higher Dosages.
Interesting. I also get a similar effect from GABA where I can't sleep with heart pounding, but food lessens it for me. You haven't tried thyroid with prog?

Fexxx

Interesting. I also get a similar effect from GABA where I can't sleep with heart pounding, but food lessens it for me. You haven't tried thyroid with prog?

I have an ongoing Experiment/Thread with T3 and it's doing a great Job for my Sleep and wellbeing.

bk_

How do you guys take such massive doses? 2 drops (3.4 mg) of haidut’s progestene on my wrists for one day is enough to kill my libido days afterwards. The effects for me are powerful and I get a lot of positive cognitive affects. Mind you I’ve had post-finasteride syndrome.

sladerunner69

How do you guys take such massive doses? 2 drops (3.4 mg) of haidut’s progestene on my wrists for one day is enough to kill my libido days afterwards. The effects for me are powerful and I get a lot of positive cognitive affects. Mind you I’ve had post-finasteride syndrome.

I have pfs as well. When I tried progesterone I had the same results. Helped with anxiety but made me tired. When I took it with dhea things improved a bit. I think the progesterone increases allopreg, but antagonizes DHT. Of course pfs is probably a condition of low DHT and low allopreg, so it would be optimal to increase both. However when I take significant amounts of dhea/preg/prog to accomplish this, I will feel depersonalized as with all hormones I've tried.

Tenacity

That's interesting. I think progestins are frowned upon here but I don't know why. Perhaps they are doing something else.
It's because they act like estrogen. Peat has written about them in some of his articles pertaining to progesterone. That's why I don't think they're the solution, and people are pushing themselves in the opposite direction when they use them therapeutically.

opethfeldt

Progesterone worsens my sleep if taken too late in the day. It has a neutral effect otherwise. Certainly not a magic bullet for me.

japanesedude

I've found that using 2drops Progestene(about 3.4mg) helps me to puts me into sleep.
downside is numb ****. just a drop of progestene actually has opposite effects on me but 2drops definately has negative effects in my pants

Scarytrout

I sleep great on it. Reduced dreaming. Cozy feeling. I don't measure it, I just scoop some into a gel cap with my lab spatula and drop it back down the hatch.