Males That Have Used Progesterone For Sleep With Success (Poll)

Was progesterone successful for you for sleep?

• Yes

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • Without effect

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Worsened sleep

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd like to hear your experiences on this subject. Also, let me know what doses were effective for you.
If it didn't work for you, what did you find to work?

ilhanxx

I'd like to hear your experiences on this subject. Also, let me know what doses were effective for you.
Hi Hans, in my country, minimum 100 mg micronise progesteron gelatin capsules was sold, there are white liquid in it. how can i use it smaller quantities.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans, in my country, minimum 100 mg micronise progesteron gelatin capsules was sold, there are white liquid in it. how can i use it smaller quantities.
You can dissolve it in something, maybe water, and then drink a 10th of it per day to get 10mg, or a 20th of it to get 5mg. So maybe put it in a bottle marked in onces or something and then fill it up to 20oz and drink 1 oz per day to get 5mg.

Kiwis help me sleep. I’ve tried progesterone twice but only the bigger dose at 60 mgs made me sleepy.

ddjd

yes because it raises GABA and e-NOS. amazing for sleep quality and getting to sleep. if I know that I'll only get a few hours sleep, I'll always take progesterone to maximize sleep quality.

I use the stuff from health natura. about 12 drops, 1mg per drop I think

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Kiwis help me sleep. I’ve tried progesterone twice but only the bigger dose at 60 mgs made me sleepy.
Sweet, yeah kiwi effectively increases melatonin, plus it's a good source of sugar.
yes because it raises GABA and e-NOS. amazing for sleep quality and getting to sleep. if I know that I'll only get a few hours sleep, I'll always take progesterone to maximize sleep quality.

I use the stuff from health natura. about 12 drops, 1mg per drop I think
Cool, thanks.

Inaut

Doesn’t vitamin c help with progesterone production too? I have a bottle for progest-E that stares at me everyday but I’m scared of stepping into the hormone world....

Testing out vitamin c for my gallbladder issues which I correlate to high estrogen. No real gallbladder pains today and this is my second day taking C. To bring this back to your question @Hans , I slept well yesterday night after taking it

dfspcc20

Definitely helped with sleep, but also seems to cause acne breakouts. Not sure if that means it might be releasing stored estrogen, or converting into estrogen itself. I tried Ona's brand.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Doesn’t vitamin c help with progesterone production too? I have a bottle for progest-E that stares at me everyday but I’m scared of stepping into the hormone world....

Testing out vitamin c for my gallbladder issues which I correlate to high estrogen. No real gallbladder pains today and this is my second day taking C. To bring this back to your question @Hans , I slept well yesterday night after taking it
Cool, how much did you take?
Definitely helped with sleep, but also seems to cause acne breakouts. Not sure if that means it might be releasing stored estrogen, or converting into estrogen itself. I tried Ona's brand.
How much do you take and do you take it alone or with something else as well?

A question for everyone:
Do you urinate more after taking it before bed or less?

Terma

3-12mg before bed on/off for years, trying to use it more sparingly (didn't like effect on joints). Often the dose that kept me asleep long enough to justify its use was a dose that left me inhibited the next morning (I probably have compromised 5-AR1/NADPH/etc.). It's fantastic for anxiety due to sleep/gut but sucks the life out of me if I want to feel like a person during the day - always removed positive emotionality. I felt best 24h after or more. Its best feature is its highly reliable effect on blood flow like the other guy said - it is the most reliable substance for that I've tried. Higher doses (50-200mg) were sedating and heavy on the body but would not keep me asleep well alone - rather weak on the brain compared to other drugs. Yes it had a slight diuretic effect at night and has been an annoyance that way - surprised no one else brings it up, but I have this issue. It's very useful but found it the most frustrating hormone on its own, not a great fit.

Spartan300

My personal experience seems to be different to most with many things in the Peat world & I wish I knew why.

Sleep is probably my biggest issue and it becomes a vicious circle. I tried prog again before bed recently ~10mg and slept worse. Awake in the middle of the night at least once for 1 - 2hrs. Definitely lowered mood, seemed to make me more emotional/tearful. Was getting worse & had to stop after 2 or 3 days.

When tested, androgens are high, as is cortisol (at least waking - above ref range). Anything designed to lower cortisol doesn't seem to improve sleep and lowers libido which already isn't great.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
3-12mg before bed on/off for years, trying to use it more sparingly (didn't like effect on joints). Often the dose that kept me asleep long enough to justify its use was a dose that left me inhibited the next morning (I probably have compromised 5-AR1/NADPH/etc.). It's fantastic for anxiety due to sleep/gut but sucks the life out of me if I want to feel like a person during the day - always removed positive emotionality. I felt best 24h after or more. Its best feature is its highly reliable effect on blood flow like the other guy said - it is the most reliable substance for that I've tried. Higher doses (50-200mg) were sedating and heavy on the body but would not keep me asleep well alone - rather weak on the brain compared to other drugs. Yes it had a slight diuretic effect at night and has been an annoyance that way - surprised no one else brings it up, but I have this issue. It's very useful but found it the most frustrating hormone on its own, not a great fit.
Do you use it with another pre-hormone or on its own?
My personal experience seems to be different to most with many things in the Peat world & I wish I knew why.

Sleep is probably my biggest issue and it becomes a vicious circle. I tried prog again before bed recently ~10mg and slept worse. Awake in the middle of the night at least once for 1 - 2hrs. Definitely lowered mood, seemed to make me more emotional/tearful. Was getting worse & had to stop after 2 or 3 days.

When tested, androgens are high, as is cortisol (at least waking - above ref range). Anything designed to lower cortisol doesn't seem to improve sleep and lowers libido which already isn't great.
Have you used it on its own?

B

Braveheart

4 drops Progestene every other night... w 500mg C and 200mg Magnesium every night...sleep like a baby!...every night.

Terma

Alone, oral and topical, and pretty much every combination I could think of (DHEA, etc.) or had access to. I enjoy its predictability, much like caffeine. The only thing I haven't tried enough is trying to find a good ratio of progesterone and 5a-DHP/allo (since if conversion is compromised I'd have to do that manually). The latter is very useful but not highly sleep-promoting on its own, but I only tried adding progesterone to it a couple times before more fun things happened.

Noodlz2

@Hans Can you make the results visible by default, or have a"not applicable" option? Right now, results are only visible to those who answer. I have no experience with progesterone, but I'm curious about others' experiences.

dfspcc20

How much do you take and do you take it alone or with something else as well?

~10-20mg (2-4 drops), applied to cheeks inside of my mouth. Typically after a small meal before bed.

Vinny

What are the gallbladder pains like, Inaut?
Do you know if liver pains are similar or different?
Asking, coz Ive got an almost constant, dull pain in that area for years. Tests, done more than once, revealed nothing so far, and Im still clueless which of the corresponding organs is in trouble and for what reasons....

Tenacity

I use Progest-E and don't notice any effects on my sleep. I'd like to think it's improving sleep quality, but don't have any evidence of that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals