Male rats fed fructose-based, low-copper diets show 100 percent mortality, female rats survive given same conditions

artist

My thoughts: It is well-known that estrogen facilitates the absorption of copper, and it appears to be true that high fructose consumption places an increased demand on the body's copper stores. This may be worth bearing in mind particularly for men on a high-fructose diet, as well as for the women on here using supplements as aromatase inhibitors etc. and trying to aggressively lower their estrogen levels. Ray has written on the importance of copper; it's key as a structural component in the body (collagen and bone) and for many enzymes including those that break down histamine.

My thoughts: It is well-known that estrogen facilitates the absorption of copper, and it appears to be true that high fructose consumption places an increased demand on the body's copper stores. This may be worth bearing in mind particularly for men on a high-fructose diet, as well as for the women on here using supplements as aromatase inhibitors etc. and trying to aggressively lower their estrogen levels. Ray has written on the importance of copper; it's key as a structural component in the body (collagen and bone) and for many enzymes including those that break down histamine.
People will do anything to get around eating their liver and oysters wont they? ?

dlind70

People will do anything to get around eating their liver and oysters wont they? ?
They will. Liver is ok but just the thought of it is gross to some people. Would you rather have a plate of liver or a plate of fresh fruit just imagine it right now in your mind it's total psychological that people would rather have the fruit because it just looks better. All those colors and textures versus a dead organ.
I'm not saying I enjoy the occasional liver and onions the point is one just feels better and more fresher maybe people should start eating seasonally... like in the summer have their fruit and then the winter have their more fatty foods and organs.

dlind70

I'm sure their are sex differences and season difference too regarding our food preferences day to day.

Nomane Euger

They will. Liver is ok but just the thought of it is gross to some people. Would you rather have a plate of liver or a plate of fresh fruit just imagine it right now in your mind it's total psychological that people would rather have the fruit because it just looks better. All those colors and textures versus a dead organ.
I'm not saying I enjoy the occasional liver and onions the point is one just feels better and more fresher maybe people should start eating seasonally... like in the summer have their fruit and then the winter have their more fatty foods and organs.
it is not "total psychological"a lot of liver even among grass fed ones are disgusting and should not be eaten,some liver are tasty,and even the most enjoyable livers do not come close to certains ripe fruits in term of taste.peoples shouldnt damn their self to eat more or less of certains foods because of "seasons"independently of how it make them feel

I said the same exact thing the other day to someone! They were asking why I am not eating meat much anymore and I said it just isn’t as appetizing as a colorful plate of juicy fruit, and I told her to picture the two plates sitting in front of her, and she picked the colorful plate too. If I were in a dark candlelit restaurant and I took a bite of a perfectly grilled ribeye steak I know I would like it and want another bite, but in the light of day, not so much. My meat aversion is a visual thing for me right now. It just looks like a “downer”. Here was a nice steak plate that I lightened up, and would happily do again!

Attachments

• 072AF50C-2940-4A40-A286-3C938F948F39.jpeg
    072AF50C-2940-4A40-A286-3C938F948F39.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom