Male baboons that harass/assault females are more likely to mate with them

P

Peatness

All humans both male and female have the capability and dare I say responsibility to overcome our base animal instincts.

Part of the problem is that many these days are doing the exact opposite and returning to living like animals often without even realizing it. There’s a big difference between living a more natural lifestyle and this.

It’s certainly educational to learn about the behaviors of primates and other animals but it’s very unwise to try to emulate them. That is just devolving and probably what the elite want- nudge us more and more towards base animalistic behavior through fear- in order to swoop in under the guise of rescuing us.

Please don’t willingly forfeit the good part of your humanity.
Well said.

Peatful

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Or

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:6

haidut

Forum Supporter
One male with multiple female

The other way around too - one female with multiple males. From the article in the OP:
"...female attempts at paternity confusion, and a cost of multi-male mating."

Baboons, as most other monkeys/apes, are polygynous and the females practice "paternity confusion", something that has been seen in humans too. In fact, humans may be the most active practitioners of "concealed ovulation" and "paternity confusion".
"...Human females are considered to exhibit the greatest degree of extended female sexuality, with receptivity to sexual intercourse remaining constant across fertile and infertile phases of the reproductive cycle, including during pregnancy, lactation, and in adolescence. In a study of 20,000 women from 13 countries, frequency of copulation was reportedly the same across all stages of the ovarian cycle. The only notable drop in sexual behaviour occurred during menstruation. Therefore, women largely showed the same level of sexual behaviour in the non-fertile phases of their ovarian cycles as in the fertile phases.[5][16] Researchers have investigated the effect of hormonal contraceptive use in women on the frequency of sexual intercourse.[17] Many of these contraceptives mimic a pregnancy state in females by altering hormone levels. Therefore, women who use these contraceptives do not experience the fertile phases of their cycles. In a systematic review, it appeared that the frequency of sexual intercourse was unaffected by contraceptive use in the majority of women. Although artificially created, this adds to the literature documenting the existence of copulation in humans during non-fertile periods.[18]

Impact of concealed ovulation[edit]​

In order to encourage mating in non-conceptive periods and to encourage males to maintain their proximity, males must possess imperfect knowledge of the female's fertility status. This is achieved through concealed ovulation in most animals that exhibit extended female sexuality.[19] A review of studies revealed that, in humans, females only exhibit subtle changes during estrus, making it difficult for males to assess fertility with precision.[20] In the !Kung tribe, for instance, females lack any overt signals of fertility and are continuously receptive to sexual intercourse, encouraging males to remain and provide resources.[21]"

Anyways, as far as the baboons go - the alpha may have a harem but the females in that harem have trysts with many of the betas behind the alpha's back. Basically, a monkey version of how things worked in most royal courts back in monarchy's heydays. :):
Oh, and if "concealed ovulation" and "paternity confusion" correlate with polygyny, then humans (both males and females, don't blame just the females, it takes two to tango) are probably the LEAST monogamous species out there.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Anyways, as far as the baboons go - the alpha may have a harem but the females in that harem have trysts with many of the betas behind the alpha's back. Basically, a monkey version of how things worked in most royal courts back in monarchy's heydays. :):
It's interesting you bring this up because someone sent me this video yesterday:

I'm not fond of Peterson but the talking point at 17:35 is worth noting with De Waal

View: https://youtu.be/7h7oqlG_FxE

Basically that it was previously believed that the "Alpha male" chimp would impregnate nearly all of the females because during the day he would be seen "getting busy" and chasing betas away

But through paternity testing they find that the females go "behind the bushes" and sneak around at night and have sex with multiple betas depending on her preference (he basically states that the female chimps will mate with betas that fit her preference behind the alpha's back)

Veritas IV

If you're triggered by the study or trying to insinuate something then please keep it to yourself because I'm just stating facts
Was actually hoping for your input on their hormonal status. The alphas would be a bit more androgenic whereas the shy / retreating betas would be more serotogenic. Females in estrus would have elevated estrogen.

But elevated cortisol would throw all of the above out of whack.

:D

chanlaw

BTW OP, I enjoy your threads. Do not worry about people who say its weird. Your threads can be nichely thought provoking.

haidut

Forum Supporter
But through paternity testing they find that the females go "behind the bushes" and sneak around at night and have sex with multiple betas depending on her preference (he basically states that the female chimps will mate with betas that fit her preference behind the alpha's back)

It is very widespread in the animal kingdom and it seems in humans too. I suspect it is how females ensure sufficient genetic diversity. Ironically, the alpha may turn out to be the ultimate "beta" as he spends all his time chasing/fighting betas away and gathering/providing resources for the females, while the betas do nothing and still mate.

Drareg

Not really, they mate with multiple males when in estrous. I think the article neglected to mention that when the harassing male eventually mates with that female, he is not the only one. I think the female mates with 10+ males during estrous and the competition is actually at the sperm level.

As far as the selection of mating partners - they tend to be different each time the female is in estrous, probably in order to maximize genetic diversity. How the female selects the group of mates for each breeding season is not really known, but I agree that some form of fitness probably plays a role. Maybe the chasing around is not really harassment but a display of energy and strength on behalf of the male baboon(s).
This is nuts, in saying that it sounds like a "human" society the woke types would like.

Interesting to think about it from the point of view of sperm quality, will we have a future where ladies have a device that can sample a mans sperm quality and select accordingly? It's only a matter of time before we have an app for that.

Drareg

This, if translated to the female human-
She would be a terrible mate and or mother; and probably a person you wouldn’t even want to be with.

The evolved women you want to be with uses emotion, their spirit, their higher cortex, their mind...

This is carnal and primitive.

I married a gentleman.

Goodness.
SMH.

Please go fck a baboon.
Hahahaha!
Well said!

haidut

Forum Supporter
will we have a future where ladies have a device that can sample a mans sperm quality and select accordingly? It's only a matter of time before we have an app for that.

It more or less exists already, even though its authors don't know it can work that way. Remember the tool for detecting pedophiles from pictures of their faces we talked about in regards to Bill Epstein Gates and Ghislaine? Well, most pedophiles have high prolactin/estrogen, low T/androgens, and often high cortisol as well. That's what causes the facial deformities many/most pedophiles have and makes them easily detectable by a computer analysis of their pictures. Also, this hormonal profile is basically the worst you can have when it comes to sperm quality. Assuming facial structure is indicative of hormonal profile (which it is, to a large degree) that tool for detecting pedophiles can easily suggest "quality" males by basically selecting faces most dissimilar/distant (quantitatively speaking) to the pedophile face score. It would be a fascinating research project, though I can imagine a huge backlash and wokists shutting it down since the LGBTQ+ members probably won't score very high on the "quality" scale and potentially very high on the pedo scale.

HumanLife

It more or less exists already, even though its authors don't know it can work that way. Remember the tool for detecting pedophiles from pictures of their faces we talked about in regards to Bill Epstein Gates and Ghislaine? Well, most pedophiles have high prolactin/estrogen, low T/androgens, and often high cortisol as well. That's what causes the facial deformities many/most pedophiles have and makes them easily detectable by a computer analysis of their pictures. Also, this hormonal profile is basically the worst you can have when it comes to sperm quality. Assuming facial structure is indicative of hormonal profile (which it is, to a large degree) that tool for detecting pedophiles can easily suggest "quality" males by basically selecting faces most dissimilar/distant (quantitatively speaking) to the pedophile face score. It would be a fascinating research project, though I can imagine a huge backlash and wokists shutting it down since the LGBTQ+ members probably won't score very high on the "quality" scale and potentially very high on the pedo scale.
Is the tool public?

grapes

Remember the tool for detecting pedophiles from pictures of their faces we talked about in regards to Bill Epstein Gates and Ghislaine? Well, most pedophiles have high prolactin/estrogen, low T/androgens, and often high cortisol as well. That's what causes the facial deformities many/most pedophiles have and makes them easily detectable by a computer analysis of their pictures.
Looks like you're fond of Minority report and 1984 kind of society.

Drareg

Essentially the bill gates phenotype, gyno and age spots.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Looks like you're fond of Minority report and 1984 kind of society.

How so? It was just a discussion last year with @Drareg about the "pedo" phenotype and he said there is probably a consistent pattern in those people that a computer software can pick up. I found a link about a project that developed just such a software and it was able to pick a pedophile from a crowd with very high precision/recall.

If a high proportion of the elite is of that phenotype you'd expect a lot of them urging a ban on facial recognition and we have seen some of that lately, despite the obvious benefits to the elite of such software being widely used for monitoring, controlling (extorting?) the regular ppl.
Also, even if a male scores high on the anti-pedo scale, all that means is that he MAY have a healthier hormonal profile. That does not automatically make him an ideal/preferred partner for every female out there. In fact, if the female is fairly dysregulated herself (which is the norm these days), her "ideal" match would probably be skewed too. Case in point - hyperestrogenic (from BC/stress) and/or hyperserotonin (from SSRI) women very much dislike and clash with the masculine, high-androgen, calm-but-firm phenotype.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is the tool public?

Haven't looked into it, but you can contact the researchers if you want.

grapes

How so? It was just a discussion last year with @Drareg about the "pedo" phenotype and he said there is probably a consistent pattern in those people that a computer software can pick up. I found a link about a project that developed just such a software and it was able to pick a pedophile from a crowd with very high precision/recall.
Well you seem to support that idea and extend it to some "hormonal profile". I went to the sources you gave, but haven't found the part about "picking a pedophile from a crowd vith very high precision", where does it say so?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Well you seem to support that idea and extend it to some "hormonal profile". I went to the sources you gave, but haven't found the part about "picking a pedophile from a crowd vith very high precision", where does it say so?

I seem to support what idea?
As far as the software - it says it right there in the title of the popular press article.
"...A start-up says its face-recognition tech can identify people's personality type from photos – and spot terrorists, paedophiles and poker players in crowds"

grapes

I seem to support what idea?
As far as the software - it says it right there in the title of the popular press article.
"...A start-up says its face-recognition tech can identify people's personality type from photos – and spot terrorists, paedophiles and poker players in crowds"
There is a big difference in "being able to do something with high precision" and "startup says it can do something". They are there to make money, what they say doesn't prove anything. Nowhere in the sources I found a proof of what they claim they're able to do, neither a mention of "high precision".
From the way you discussed it I'm under impression you support/believe this idea. If I misunderstood you then you can correct me, or you can ignore what i say obviously, but as they say silence means consent.

GodsHound

What exactly are you gonna try?
idk maybe a DEFCON 2 level CHIMPOUT in front of some working girls just to get my feet wet? Thinking of saying something like “OOO AAAOO EEE EEEE AAAHHHH” then biting on to their clothes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom