Making Your Own Skimmed Milk

OP
Epistrophy

Epistrophy

Hi Epistrophy! Did you buy the cream separator? I am thinking to buy one, but don't know if it will be too much trouble, especially the clean up of the gadget.
Yes I brought one. I would get a manual one instead of electric. The clean up is not to bad and definitely worth getting awesome tasting skimmed milk. Also, I would not buy from the link I put up. They are not great with customer service!

tallglass13

I think the best way to get lower fat milk , from the whole milk, is to put in a large glass bottle with a spout at the bottom. Kind of like a lemonade glass with a handle to open up at the bottom to fill your cup. The fat will always rise at the top, so you can skim some cream for coffee. and drink from spout for lower fat milk.

Yes I brought one. I would get a manual one instead of electric. The clean up is not to bad and definitely worth getting awesome tasting skimmed milk. Also, I would not buy from the link I put up. They are not great with customer service!
Any recommendations?

76er

I think the best way to get lower fat milk , from the whole milk, is to put in a large glass bottle with a spout at the bottom. Kind of like a lemonade glass with a handle to open up at the bottom to fill your cup. The fat will always rise at the top, so you can skim some cream for coffee. and drink from spout for lower fat milk.
?

OP
Epistrophy

Epistrophy

Yes I brought one. I would get a manual one instead of electric. The clean up is not to bad and definitely worth getting awesome tasting skimmed milk.
Any recommendations?
YJINGRUI Manual Fresh Milk Cream Centrifugal Separator 12L Camel/Goat Milk Metal Body Speed Adjustable 21gal/h Amazon product ASIN B088NT6ZSXView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088NT6ZSX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_3EZ6R0QYHF8QMC0XC8YN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

76er

Currently I'm just using a 1 tsp ladle to pull the cream from the top of a ½ gallon milk bottle.

It seems like I get a good amount of the top cream out.

I then count it as 2% milk in cronometer.

It works OK but is messy doing the cream transfer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals