Making your own DIY NDT supplement?

bagotage

Hi, I have access to very fresh thyroids from well raised cows/pigs. Anyone have any ideas or resources w.r.t how one might go about making a NDT supplement at home?

OP
bagotage

bagotage

Thanks! Worst case scenario, I can always just cook and eat the thyroid and I'm sure my body will do something good with it. But would be nice to dole it out over a more regulated dosing schedule.

Ihor

@aven4 could you make a photo of cows thyroid gland? I often go to the butcher shop and there are a lot of beef/cows organs and parts, but I don't know how it looks like and I can't find clear photo of thyroid in internet to show the butcher. Two time I was bought something like cow thyroid, but in many cases it can look like lymphatic nodes, so I'm not sure. Although it seems I got some NDT effect from these part which I had.

Dennis

Here is my guess as an alternative:
Then make small shreds of the meat.
Dry the shredded meat using a hair blower.
Store - semi dry meat in freezer.

I have done this with liver/kidney

So how did you get access to fresh thyroid ?

OP
bagotage

bagotage

@aven4 could you make a photo of cows thyroid gland? I often go to the butcher shop and there are a lot of beef/cows organs and parts, but I don't know how it looks like and I can't find clear photo of thyroid in internet to show the butcher. Two time I was bought something like cow thyroid, but in many cases it can look like lymphatic nodes, so I'm not sure.
I can try!

@Dennis a really excellent local farm CSA

OP
bagotage

bagotage

I just a few days ago got confirmation from the farm that they can set aside some thyroids for me—wasn't sure if their butchers would actually be able to do that. But sounds like they can! So I should be receiving some either next week or the week after that.